Non-Manly Games [Round 16, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who's the genius at chan 9 who thought a game between 2 of the worst teams in the comp was a great follow up to the heights of origin?
Any new fans that origin might have potentially got have turned off already

And then you have a commentator (Gould) sitting there criticising the fans for the "very poor crowd" and not supporting suburban ground games when they are the ones continually asking for it.

He may well have a point, but you don't publicly criticise the paying punters like that if you are trying to attract more to the games.

He should also remember its a cold Friday night involving teams 14 vs 16 on the ladder, one of them from interstate. Hardly a game that is going to draw a capacity crowd at the best of times.

Tigers vs gc is not even nsw cup standard. I would put money on blacktown beating both teams.

Tigers vs gc is not even nsw cup standard. I would put money on blacktown beating both teams.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Friday night 7.30 supposed to be the match of the round?
As in neins 1st choice??

In all seriousness they'd have probably drawn a better crowd if this was at Leichhardt.

Only slightly better, but still bigger

In all seriousness they'd have probably drawn a better crowd if this was at Leichhardt.
Of course. I have no idea in which universe balmain or wests (who are from the inner west) would be popular in campbelltown. It is a major failure of the merger.

Campbelltown is practically in Canberra.

And Kevin Walters named Mbye and didn't mention DCE as a possible replacement for Thurston?

Those hillbillies are either on some damn good stuff up there or they are just plain stupid and pig headed.
Word on the street is that DCE wouldn't hop into the hot tub with Cam, John-a-than, Billy, Coop, Greg (and with a special cameo performance from Rabs) into the hot tub after SOO 5,631 back in 2014 or '15 or whenever, for a game of 'find the electric eel' with the Queensland hierarchy.

Hence his banishment.

Last edited:
We play the tigers twice in the run home.
Which is nice.

I remember jason taylor a couple of years ago...when he was coaching the tigers said playing Manly was two points in the bag.

I can't remember the exact context. I think it was something like: "How come we have to play the top teams during the origin period when we (tigers) have players out playing origin, and Melb and Brisbane only have to play Manly.

so yes...I hope we thrash them.

Well, I am 0/4 so far with my late minute changes.

I changed from the warriors to the dogs thinking that the loss of Foz would be enough for the dogs to win.

Warriors lost foz and Isacc luke and were still better than the terrible dogs.

Wow. The dogs are truly awful at the moment.

Good match, panthers (the pretenders) fall to a thurstonless cowboys that were also without Granville for ages. When Granville got back on their attack became acceptable and the panthers "great defence" cracked

If Thurston was there, with all those opportunities, cows would've ripped them to shreds

Well, that's 0 from 2 for me with my last minute changes.

I changed from the cowboys to penrith.

And it was so damn frustrating.

Penrith 4 in front....nq puts up a bomb.

I know...I will take a nq player out and not get penalised....they don't do it in origin and the rules are the same!

duh duh duh dribble

Oh gee....nq get the ball back so we'll give away penalty after penalty on our own line until nq score and hit the lead with 2mins to go

duh duh drool.

I mean....does every footy player get dropped on their heads at birth?

It's a real skill to be that ****ing galactically stupid.

*channels his inner joey johns*

Just....so....dumb. MORONS

Well, that's 0 from 2 for me with my last minute changes.

I changed from the cowboys to penrith.

And it was so damn frustrating.

Penrith 4 in front....nq puts up a bomb.

I know...I will take a nq player out and not get penalised....they don't do it in origin and the rules are the same!

duh duh duh dribble

Oh gee....nq get the ball back so we'll give away penalty after penalty on our own line until nq score and hit the lead with 2mins to go

duh duh drool.

I mean....does every footy player get dropped on their heads at birth?

It's a real skill to be that ****ing galactically stupid.

*channels his inner joey johns*

Just....so....dumb. MORONS
So who did you change to on the next game ??? Also hope you tipped Gummies

Is it just me, or do qld teams get a hell og a lot of 50/50 calls go theit way? Broncos getting everything. Even the dumb Riff couldn't buy a penalty in the 2nd half against the cows

Well, I am 0/4 so far with my late minute changes.

I changed from the warriors to the dogs thinking that the loss of Foz would be enough for the dogs to win.

Warriors lost foz and Isacc luke and were still better than the terrible dogs.

Wow. The dogs are truly awful at the moment.
Hope you didn't pick Manly with that record......ummm if you did could you please change it!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6