Non-Manly Games [Round 1, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can you imagine if the Storm coach and players thought the same thing ?

Can you imagine if the Storm coach and players thought , Jeez Look at the Broncos back line and their massive young pack , How on earth are we going to beat them up there ?

Bellamy would have said to his men , Go out there and show them what you are made off , And they did .

A great coach sends his team on to the field and shows them ways they can defeat the opposition as every team is beatable .

A great coach does not get a list of the oppositions team and says to his players , Have you seen their line up ? there too big , lets just go home .

Bugger ... is it that easy ... if only someone had told Seibold to tell his team to show Melb what you are made of .....

Then ... Seibold would be a great coach .

Bugger ... is it that easy ... if only someone had told Seibold to tell his team to show Melb what you are made of .....

Then ... Seibold would be a great coach .

It is easy to see feathered friend who was able to get the best out of his players

A rookie or the master

It is easy to see who is the greater coach

One that is a proven coach that has won grand finals and one who has won fck all

It is really that easy

Last edited:
Yes pumped up with extra millions of dollars of footballing talent. What a shock, Storm look strong yet again, yawn. I turned off about 5 minutes into the second half, I think I’ll probably only bother to watch Manly games this year.

I dont think any one can deny just how good of a coach he is . Able to bring out the best in every grade of player . From rookies to veteran stars .

No Slater No Cronk but their rookie replacements as always stood up

It is easy to sea feathered friend who was able to get the best out of his players

A rookie or the master

It is easy to see who is the greater coach

One that is a proven coach that has won grand finals and one who has won fck all

It is really that easy

So ... players don't make any difference then? .... all comes down to the coach ....

So ... players don't make any difference then? .... all comes down to the coach ....

Every one makes a difference

From fans that become club members and make their club stronger |

To players and proven coaches that are able to lift their players to greater heights like Bellamy has

My point is . They dont pay a head coach a million dollars a season like Bellamy if they dont make a difference to the club and the players

Depends on how fired up Seibold has the Broncos forwards,but for me I think they lack enough continual punch through the middle.Glenn(past it,but maybe Seibold has given him new life?) and Sua are wide runners and so is Gillett,and Fifita/Staggs off the bench are the same.Ofahengaue/Lodge and Pangai/Flegler are going to have to have massive games for them to win.My gut feeling is the Storm will swarm their forwards and strangle/frustrate the life out of the Broncos,if the refs crack down on the Storm the Broncos will stay in it(most likely scenario).Just my opinion...
Also lodge rarely hits the line. He passed very often last night.

I was bemused at 9 advertising the Telstra live stream in the middle of the game last night.

How the mighty have fallen.

Kerry packer would never have allowed that to happen. Practically inviting viewers to stop watching and go to another provider.

Off to the gym to do some serious pumping

Have a great day every one
Don't pull a muscle! ;)
zKI9T.gif

with almost a million in registered* TPA's compared to the average 250K I think Barrett could be a Master coach

* add on the 1 team town golf days to that

When are the excuses going to stop? I hate the storm and I'm no fan of some of the tactics Bellamy has employed but the fact is he is a great coach. All I have read was wait to the big 4 are gone well alter,inglis,cronk all gone yet he still fronts up with a team that competes every bloody week.

Name 1 superstar or even top grade first grader that they bought this season? if you look at the squad it is develpoed by them or some journey men. I get it it's easy to hate every one who is succesful but just maybe,just occasionally we should have a look and question if we as a club are doing our best.

When are the excuses going to stop? I hate the storm and I'm no fan of some of the tactics Bellamy has employed but the fact is he is a great coach. All I have read was wait to the big 4 are gone well alter,inglis,cronk all gone yet he still fronts up with a team that competes every bloody week.

Name 1 superstar or even top grade first grader that they bought this season? if you look at the squad it is develpoed by them or some journey men. I get it it's easy to hate every one who is succesful but just maybe,just occasionally we should have a look and question if we as a club are doing our best.

Sadly I have to agree, I thought they’d come back to the pack but surprisingly they haven’t.

It’s only one game though and let’s face it Brisbane were poor so really anything could still happen.

The Storm draws their recruits from the QRL feeder system.

They beat Brisbane in getting quality players before they become superstars because they have so much money in TPAs to attract them.

The reason they never buy superstars is because they spot them in the QRL before anyone else knows about them & snap them up, that's why it seems they keep turning nobodies into superstars.

I do agree that Bellamy is a great coach - he's created a winning culture down there but as we know, it's easier to buy into a winning culture & put the effort in to maintaining it.

These young recruits he gets in from the QRL are all keen to fit in & do their part in maintaining that culture.

Also, being established in Melbourne & therefore away from the prying eyes of the NSW dirtbag media means they fly under the radar most of the time & dont have to worry about that particular pressure.

I dont think any one can deny just how good of a coach he is . Able to bring out the best in every grade of player . From rookies to veteran stars .

No Slater No Cronk but their rookie replacements as always stood up
Though he couldn't get nsw a series victory.. unless im mistaken. And i remember him choosing everyone but matt orford the dally m player of the year purely out of spite imho due to the 40 nil in which im sure he still wakes up in cold sweats over....

Beaver no, no dont score noooooooo!
(Wakes up in cold sweat)

What is often not mentioned is Melbourne's steady stream of the top junior talent from NZ and Queensland (both regular and 'Queensland').

Nelson Asofa-Solomona for example was scouted at age 15 from NZ and Melbourne had to fight off half the Super Rugby clubs in NZ to get him... and did.

Smith, Slater, Inglis, Munster, Folau were always going to be very good first graders, some of these were signed for Storm at age 16 as juniors.

Of course quite a few players in their team are bit-part players who have improved a lot under Bellamy. But their club advantages (i.e. highest amount of registered TPAs across the whole comp) should not be overlooked.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4