Non-Manly Games [Round 1, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Holy ****. Did I just hear right that Melbourne have won their round one game for the 17th consecutive year! As @BOZO alluded to, that comes down to coaching and meticulous preparation, certainly not an accident.

Last edited:
The NRL is not just a running game , It is also a strategic and psychological game

And this is why feathered friends upsets will always happen .

The game is not always what you see on the team lists

Far from it

BRING ON THE TIGERS !!!

_91462797_tiger.jpg

Holy ****. Did I just hear right that Melbourne have won their round one game for the 17th consecutive year! As @BOZO alluded to, that comes done to coaching and meticulous preparation, certainly not an accident.

Look at how many times Des has taken teams to grand finals and finals .

His record is up there with the best ,

And as you say feathered friend this is no accident .

When some one proves themselves self over and over again they are no fluke . They are Freaks of the game

BRING ON THE CATS !!!

Depends on how fired up Seibold has the Broncos forwards,but for me I think they lack enough continual punch through the middle.Glenn(past it,but maybe Seibold has given him new life?) and Sua are wide runners and so is Gillett,and Fifita/Staggs off the bench are the same.Ofahengaue/Lodge and Pangai/Flegler are going to have to have massive games for them to win.My gut feeling is the Storm will swarm their forwards and strangle/frustrate the life out of the Broncos,if the refs crack down on the Storm the Broncos will stay in it(most likely scenario).Just my opinion...
Once again you’re on the money @Smokin Joe.

Last edited:
Only the first game of the season but I would much rather have our pack than the supposed best young pack in the game.

Depends on how fired up Seibold has the Broncos forwards,but for me I think they lack enough continual punch through the middle.Glenn(past it,but maybe Seibold has given him new life?) and Sua are wide runners and so is Gillett,and Fifita/Staggs off the bench are the same.Ofahengaue/Lodge and Pangai/Flegler are going to have to have massive games for them to win.My gut feeling is the Storm will swarm their forwards and strangle/frustrate the life out of the Broncos,if the refs crack down on the Storm the Broncos will stay in it(most likely scenario).Just my opinion...
Nice one mate.

Melbourne pack set the bench mark. Fit fast strong and aggressive. They overpowered the Broncos who were lucky it wasn’t 20 nil st half time. We need our pack to perform similarly week in and week out.

Look at the way Bellamy has his team pumped up !
Yes pumped up with extra millions of dollars of footballing talent. What a shock, Storm look strong yet again, yawn. I turned off about 5 minutes into the second half, I think I’ll probably only bother to watch Manly games this year.

Pretty sure the the refs were turning a blind eye .saw many offside and hold downs that manly would have been penalised for last year. Hope its consistent for all games. Melbourne not kicking for touch often kept the game flowing too i thought.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8