No Parker - who plays centre ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I appreciate all opinions on here. it is good thought provoking conversation and im sure these types of discussions go on between coaching staff when having to make decisions regarding team selection etc. If I disagree dont take offence, I enjoy hearing other people's perspectives and opinions. We dont see what goes on at training day in day out so hard for us to know how Des and the staff are thinking but I have confidence that they will again make the call that is best for the team as a whole
The great thing is that Manly have plenty of choices due to players filling in for 10 weeks with Turbo, 8 with Walker and 5 with Chez :nerd:

Manly won games with quite a few configurations this year :nod:

I appreciate all opinions on here. it is good thought provoking conversation and im sure these types of discussions go on between coaching staff when having to make decisions regarding team selection etc. If I disagree dont take offence, I enjoy hearing other people's perspectives and opinions. We dont see what goes on at training day in day out so hard for us to know how Des and the staff are thinking but I have confidence that they will again make the call that is best for the team as a whole
Yep. I would hazard a guess the decision Des makes will be the right one. It usually is.

I think blooding Funa for Parker vs Tigers would be good for our finals' future - if Parker is out for a long time (it looked like an ACL injury, has it been confirmed yet?).

Maybe Waddell starts for Sirro, Jetski for Parker, Walker stays at 6, Funa on bench for rotation with Jetski, then Jetski & Waddell rotate second row for rest of the game.

Funa to replace Parker. Walker's passing & kicking game has been excellent and I think game plans can be carried out more effectively with him at five eighth.

If Walker returns to centre, I think our attack would be stronger with him playing right & Suli left. Suli naturally steps off his left foot and Walker would make more capital from breaks by DCE and others on the right.

I don't really understand why Des persisted with Walker on the left (unless he was always going to move him to five eighth when Parker returned). Was it a better defensive combination or did Des want at least one big body either side of the field to ruck the ball back from the goal line after kicks?

None of those 5/8s are anywhere near proven though. Cade has potential but so much to learn as his last two games showed . Croker a trier but injury prone and LG done for good.Its hardly a stable of champions - Walker is an origin player making great fist of it.

It’s nothing like JetSki comparison. He is not a centre and never will be. He’s lucky to make it in the 17 as a backrower.Des would not even consider it .

Why do it? Because at this stage Walker is a class above the lot of them , is playing well at 5/8 and Elliott and Funa are good options at centre. I just find it hard to believe people who watched that Melbourne game are calling for a change at 5/8 after watching our 5/8 go round in the couple of games pre Walker.We beat Storm in Melbourne playing the style that wins us games!! Maybe it’s just me.

Anyway let’s see. If he changes Walker I hope he goes for Cade because he eats Croker potential wise
Eats croker you say... hmmm lets see what Lord Desmond thinks come Tuesday. Cust needs alot of work hes tough and likes to run which is good but i think croker has the edge on him. We will see ;) id like walker to stay at 6 hes been brilliant. Elliot funa or jetski can play center... hope scorpio has a quick recovery

What's the best options ?
Does Walker go back to centre with Cust/Croker to 5/8
Is Funa worth a go ?
Elliott has been reliable, is this the safe option ?
THoughts for the Tigers game?
Id say backline will be.
Turbo
Jorge
Suli
Elliot
Garrick
Walks
Cherry

Des played waddell there over jetski on the wknd which i thought was odd.

Tigers no farrah and mybe
1. Corey Thompson
2. Nofoluma
3. ? Chee kam? Thoughts people?
4. Esan the cat masters
5. Mavaroski (what ever)
6. Benji
7. Brooks

9. Liddle and elijah taylor off the bench in 14

We should cream them up the middle but i said the same about the warriors. The rain always stuffs us up. Blake green commented after the game we couldn't get the ball out wide fast as we'd normally like due to the ball being slippery, he said this frustrated us! The warrriors rushing up on dce, imo the nz coach watched the tigers game earlier in the year thats what farrah and brooks did to him all night and it worked. In dry conditions this wont be as easy because we can shift the ball quicker. Tigers always get up for us but we should 13+ plus them. If siro is out either waddell or jetski will cover him.

Anyone have any news on toffs injury progress? Cheers

Last edited:
Thompson moves out one spot to centre, Waddell into starting side, JetSki In for Siro.
Not the worst option- experience in the centres and though no flash, defensively solid and will run great, tough unders lines....only neg for me with this fair call - Thommo has been awesome in the backrow and would significantly weaken that edge

Croker picked at fullback for Blacktown today, with Elgey at 5/8 and Cust at half.
I would guess Elliott replaces Parker and Walker stays at 5/8. Don’t think Des has great confidence in the list of halves.
Whatever became of Hodko, btw?

Croker picked at fullback for Blacktown today, with Elgey at 5/8 and Cust at half.
I would guess Elliott replaces Parker and Walker stays at 5/8. Don’t think Des has great confidence in the list of halves.
Whatever became of Hodko, btw?
Hodko is just over some knee injury

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8