No Parker - who plays centre ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did he play to get that injury or did it just happen?
Been a constant issue his career
Done great to make a NSW side considering how bad this has hampered him
Not to be rude, but won’t play NRL again....if he had the agility of a DCE would be exactly what we need in 2019

Elliot to centre ?? don't get that one at all, there's no way Billy makes my 17. Look at last time Parker was out - Des shifted Dylan to left centre and played Cust at 6. Elliot was on bench as utility but that was when Croker and Api were still injured. I think Des will go Walker to centre and Croker or Cust to 6 (I prefer Croker). Fainu is bench utility. If Siro out then start Jetski on that side and leave Waddell, Paseka and Boyle as bench forwards

I would guess Elliott replaces Parker and Walker stays at 5/8. Don’t think Des has great confidence in the list of halves.
Whatever became of Hodko, btw?
Hodko dislocated his elbow playing for Blacktown 4 weeks ago and was going to be out for about 4 weeks. I would think he's close to being available, which could be timely (imho) considering his experience and with our injuries.

In my view Walker should stay at 5/8 as he's been playing much better there, than at centre where he didn't do much. Elliott in for Parker and Jetski for Siro who must be in doubt.

Anyway, decisions, decisions, not easy but in Des we trust :rock:

Elliott for me, has been so good this season that he is first cab off the rank to fill in for an injury to positions 1-5

I leave Walker at 5/8, and why I think Des will too, because if we are going to seriously challenge for a comp, Walker will be the best player at 6 to get us get, Cust not up to it and Croker not enough footy behind him

Not the worst option- experience in the centres and though no flash, defensively solid and will run great, tough unders lines....only neg for me with this fair call - Thommo has been awesome in the backrow and would significantly weaken that edge
Imo the best decision will be making one change and that’s replacing Red at Centre. Who that player is will be up to Des. I think Elliot deserves the shot.

Definitely want to see Walker stay at 5/8. Didn't do much at centre this year but has been decent in the halves.

Would like to see Funa or Elliott play in the centres. Sooo wish Parker didn't get injured again though, he has been massive in the games he has played this year!

Has nobody suggested moving kapow to wing and Garrick to Centre.

Now that is a YART worthy selection.

Elliott causes the least disruption and he has experience over Funa. Personally I like Croker to 5/8 and walker to centre. I just think Croker offers more space to our outside men, something walker and Turbo would appreciate! and he's a strong defender.

I'd go Croker to 5/8 and Walker to centre. As you say, Croker offers more space to the outside. When Walker was playing left centre it was when Cust was the pivot and the problem there is that when Cust runs he tends to go diagonally which usually ran Walker and Jorge out of room a lot of the time which often resulted in Walker running sideways.

Most blamed Walker for running sideways, but a lot of the time he was forced to because of Cust.

Otherwise I wouldn't be against leaving Walker in the halves and playing Elliot at centre.

Deciding who comes in for Parker ,Do you pick the better player ? , or the player that suits the position ?
Is Walker a better 5/8 at the present time than a centre
Is Elliott a better centre compared to Croker / Cust at 5/8
That’s the question Leave Walker at 5/8 and Elliott fills in at centre less disruption to the team

Did we get a centre in blacktown mid season from maybe the riff. Got injured quick but is he still with us. Was he a sam

Has nobody suggested moving kapow to wing and Garrick to Centre.

Now that is a YART worthy selection.

Funny you mention that. A few weeks ago (and buggered if I can find it now), I saw a video of a Jr. Kangaroos vs Jr. Kiwis game from a few years ago. Some forward named Taupau for the Kiwis ran down a flying Dane Gagai who was playing fullback for the Aussies that day. I mean, he actually caught him fairly easily and took about 5 metres off him in only about 30 metres.

I'd go Croker to 5/8 and Walker to centre. As you say, Croker offers more space to the outside. When Walker was playing left centre it was when Cust was the pivot and the problem there is that when Cust runs he tends to go diagonally which usually ran Walker and Jorge out of room a lot of the time which often resulted in Walker running sideways.

Most blamed Walker for running sideways, but a lot of the time he was forced to because of Cust.

While I agree with you and ROBBO mate, it really doesn't make sense to me to pull Walker after only 3 games at 6 if we are planning to see out the season with him at 6, just to cover Parker for 2 games. I think he needs a lot more time there before the biggest games come around.

It's a tough call.

Elliott causes the least disruption and he has experience over Funa. Personally I like Croker to 5/8 and walker to centre. I just think Croker offers more space to our outside men, something walker and Turbo would appreciate! and he's a strong defender.
I see where you are coming from and makes a lot of sense but only helps in the short term, semi final time we need Walker at 5/8 to offer more options and spark in attack.

Need continuity in the halves from now going into the Semis, changing Walker back to centre might have Walker second guessing himself that he hasn't progressed and he most certainly has.(going back into his shell or playing more predictable)

While I agree with you and ROBBO mate, it really doesn't make sense to me to pull Walker after only 3 games at 6 if we are planning to see out the season with him at 6, just to cover Parker for 2 games. I think he needs a lot more time there before the biggest games come around.

It's a tough call.
Depends if Des is planning to keep Walker at 5/8. We have swapped and changed our halves all year so dont see it as a big drama. I do agree with whatever decision we go with should be our plan for the remainder of the year. Like you say pointless moving him for 2 weeks.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8