No Parker - who plays centre ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
While I agree with you and ROBBO mate, it really doesn't make sense to me to pull Walker after only 3 games at 6 if we are planning to see out the season with him at 6, just to cover Parker for 2 games. I think he needs a lot more time there before the biggest games come around.

It's a tough call.

That's why as I and some here have said maybe the better option would be to simply leave Walker at 6 and play Elliot at centre.

Personally I think Des probably overcomplicated things on Friday night when Parker went off by putting Walker to centre, Siro to 5/8 and Paseka into the back row because it caused a re-shuffle that threw things out of whack. We looked a lot better later when Waddell was put at centre, Walker went back to the halves and Siro went back to his usual back row spot on the right.

As much as those pea brains on Facebook seem to think he's the next Immortal, I really wouldn't be bringing Cust into the side to play 5/8. If anyone does come in with Walker back to centre, it should be Croker.

Maybe the understrengh tigers next week are a good chance to give Funa a run.

We are not going to make 2nd spot so the decision is to hold 5th for a home semi or go for 4th for the 2 cracks but playing the Drizzle in Melbourne 1st semi.

We are not going to make 2nd spot so the decision is to hold 5th for a home semi or go for 4th for the 2 cracks but playing the Drizzle in Melbourne 1st semi.

When you're in a battle to cement a spot in the Finals, you don't go bringing an untried rookie into the side. Not at this stage of the year and not against another Finals aspirant like the Tigpies no matter how depleted with injury they are looking.

When you're in a battle to cement a spot in the Finals, you don't go bringing an untried rookie into the side. Not at this stage of the year and not against another Finals aspirant like the Tigpies no matter how depleted with injury they are looking.

I can see your point about Untried rookies but if a coach has faith in the ability of a rookie then he will give them the opportunity this time of the year just like Bellamy did with Hynes and the rookie did not let him down . Many rookies have risen above expectations .

I can see your point about Untried rookies but if a coach has faith in the ability of a rookie then he will give them the opportunity this time of the year just like Bellamy did with Hynes and the rookie did not let him down . Many rookies have risen above expectations .

Difference is that this year like in previous years, the Storm have already cemented their spot so Bellamy could afford to experiment without much fear. Because we lost to the Warriors on Friday night we're not really in a position to do that right now. Better to go with what you know than to introduce a completely new element that has the potential to go completely pair shaped.

The complication as far as replacing Parker goes is that there is also Siro's injury. Another option might have been to play either Waddell or Jetski at centre, but with Siro's injury meaning that Waddell is likely to play back row for a couple of weeks that would seem to cancel out the option of Jetski in the centres because he would probably be needed to cover Waddell's spot on the bench.

Personally I'd either bring Croker in to play 5/8 or Elliot to play centre. Its a tough one because while long term I think Croker should be the 5/8, right now Walker is playing a lot better in the halves than he has at left centre so I'd be tempted to go the second option and leave him there with Elliot the one to come into the side.

I totally agree as a rule. Just throwing something out there.

Don't get me wrong, there have been many untried rookies who have come into sides over the years at this stage of a season and have done great things for their teams.

But there have been a lot more who have been failures too.

Let me put it another way, I would much rather see Funa replace Parker than upsetting our spine IN ANY WAY leading into the finals.

I like Elliot as a TT back-up but Funa has been playing well and is in our 30 for a reason.

I'm guessing Elliot to replace Parker.

Safest option is going to be Elliot in to replace Parker, and leave Walks in the halves. It’s not the time to experiment, continuity in certain positions is pretty vital at this stage of the season..

I’ve never even seen Elliot play centre accross his time with roosters, knights, titans nor manly. Wing/fullback only AFAIK

give Funa a go. Elliott is way to vanilla for me, and if he has no (or very limited) experience at centre, then let’s give the rook a go

OMG just as I posted that this popped up on the Sea Eagles website

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/08/11/sea-eagles-injury-update/

YAYAYAYAYA I am so happy to hear the boys are only out for 1-2 weeks and not season ending!!!! And great to hear Chez is ok too!
Sure hope it’s accurate.
If we only lose Parker for 2 weeks, better to just replace him without reshuffling the team.
I can’t see Walker as our long term 5/8, but at the moment the best option. Don’t ask him to change position twice before the finals.

Funny you mention that. A few weeks ago (and buggered if I can find it now), I saw a video of a Jr. Kangaroos vs Jr. Kiwis game from a few years ago. Some forward named Taupau for the Kiwis ran down a flying Dane Gagai who was playing fullback for the Aussies that day. I mean, he actually caught him fairly easily and took about 5 metres off him in only about 30 metres.

I'm fairly certain that was on the show "The fan"

PS: I thinking Elliot- centre.

I wouldn't be keen on seeing Marsters vs Elliot. Billy has been getting physically dominated too easily this season, and Marsters' game strength is more power than speed and evasion.

The understrength tigers are as dangerous as the underachieving warriors. This could be a slippery dip game

Imo the best decision will be making one change and that’s replacing Red at Centre. Who that player is will be up to Des. I think Elliot deserves the shot.
Mate it'll be him alright, best replacement for that situation

Whilst Elliott is reliable at fullback he lacks vision and rarely throws the pass that needs to be thrown, so I wouldn't pick him in the centres. I'd be more inclined to put Garrick into the centres and Elliot onto the wing.

I haven't watched the reserves for a while but my tip...
Croker to play left centre, surprised no-one has thought of this! He can tackle and he can pass.
However if Funa is ready, give him a shot, he has size, which helps catching bombs and coming off your own line.

On the other hand, I have no idea. However I'll be at Brookie and look forward to cheering on whoever takes the field for Manly. :)

Funny you mention that. A few weeks ago (and buggered if I can find it now), I saw a video of a Jr. Kangaroos vs Jr. Kiwis game from a few years ago. Some forward named Taupau for the Kiwis ran down a flying Dane Gagai who was playing fullback for the Aussies that day. I mean, he actually caught him fairly easily and took about 5 metres off him in only about 30 metres.

Marty may have speed to burn, and the footwork of a ballerina, but I wouldn’t be moving him to centre this late in the season.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8