Next Weeks Side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Fonzarelli

Reserve Grader
I reckon Walker is and will add a bit off the bench, but agree was a bit off today in a big win....his pass to Kapow was a shocker and in general, didn't seem to find his flow....still a handy footy player, but with at least 3 players who are certainly in the 17 to come back, is a chance of not making the team unless improves a fair bit.
Thing about walker is with jake returning where will he play? Maybe jake will goto prop rotation im not sure. Not a bad ploy using walker there but im not sure it'll be that effective against the better sides. Especially if he plays like he did today, next 4 rounds will be good practice for him.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Thing about walker is with jake returning where will he play? Maybe jake will goto prop rotation im not sure. Not a bad ploy using walker there but im not sure it'll be that effective against the better sides. Especially if he plays like he did today, next 4 rounds will be good practice for him.
With Keppie covering the entire forward pack and Lawton covering centres halves and backrow, I think Walker is depth for a full strength side. His best hope is to improve his defence enough to take a starting centre spot, can't see it happening myself.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
With Keppie covering the entire forward pack and Lawton covering centres halves and backrow, I think Walker is depth for a full strength side. His best hope is to improve his defence enough to take a starting centre spot, can't see it happening myself.
Walker hasn't played in the centres for over two years. At the back end of 2019 & first six rounds of 2020, when he was playing well at five eighth, I think his defence was solid. When he was playing out of position at fullback in the first few games this year, I assume his defence was poor, as was that of most of the backline. Since he has returned in a utility role, his defence stats have been okay. Here are his completed/missed tackles: Cowboys 5/1, Titans 7/1, Dogs 24/2.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Walker hasn't played in the centres for over two years. At the back end of 2019 & first six rounds of 2020, when he was playing well at five eighth, I think his defence was solid. When he was playing out of position at fullback in the first few games this year, I assume his defence was poor, as was that of most of the backline. Since he has returned in a utility role, his defence stats have been okay. Here are his completed/missed tackles: Cowboys 5/1, Titans 7/1, Dogs 24/2.
Should've been clearer, it's his defensive decision making on an edge that lets him down and is the main reason he isn't back in his natural position of centre. Even with 2 years out of position there is little doubt he is our best attacking centre but Des would rather play him on the bench and bring him on when the game is firmly in our grasp in the middle where there are less defensive decisions to be made. 36/4 still isn't great.

Rafferty

Mug punter
I'd hate to see Sips dropped, he's been one of our best, he deserves his spot imo
I Agree Ronnie, you read it pretty regularly, sips to be the one to miss out, no way can’t happen, we will be weaker if it happens, he is our beast and a must for me, keep ripping the work into him and have him peaking for a demolition job in September.

Mataiforever

Bencher
Walkers defence at times is not strong as he can be a jumper grabber. I’d play Schuster at 6 and Walker at 14. It’s a no brainer on form.
I agree but it’s unrealistic from anyone here to expect Walker to be up to scratch defensively after his 3rd ever game as a lock, and after a long lay off.

He has been so threatening at the line and ball playing so well at first receiver that it is a no-brainer he should be our 14 for the rest of the season. He’s our version of Connor Watson and probably an upgrade tbh. He will get the defensive part of the 13 role in time, if not, could always rotate with one of the second rowers in defence.

Mataiforever

Bencher
I love what I am seeing from Walks at Lock. Having that extra ball player with genuine speed there has added a new dimension.

How does one ever improve or develop in a new position when you people want them gone everytime they make a fopar?

I'll back him to have a blinder in the next month.
100% agree.

Mataiforever

Bencher
Would not surprise me if Des put Cust in. Keep everyone else in their positions as it's been working well
Would do the same.

1 Garrick 2 Saab 3 Parker 4 Harper 5 Suli 6 Cust 7 Foran
8 Paseka 9 Croker 16 Keppie 11 Olakau’atu 12 Lawton 13 Trbojevic

14 Walker 15 Trbojevic 10 Taupau 17 Sipley
18 Koula

would be my side v raiders.
Then v Dragons, assuming DCE returns, I’d give Koula his debut on the wing so chez could feed him some good ball. Schuster to 12, Cust dropping out, Lawton to bench and Ben dropping out.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
Would do the same.

1 Garrick 2 Saab 3 Parker 4 Harper 5 Suli 6 Cust 7 Foran
8 Paseka 9 Croker 16 Keppie 11 Olakau’atu 12 Lawton 13 Trbojevic

14 Walker 15 Trbojevic 10 Taupau 17 Sipley
18 Koula

would be my side v raiders.
Then v Dragons, assuming DCE returns, I’d give Koula his debut on the wing so chez could feed him some good ball. Schuster to 12, Cust dropping out, Lawton to bench and Ben dropping out.
I doubt Jake is fit, he would’ve been picked in the Origin squad if he was.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18