News: Api Koroisau contract situation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Api Koroisau reveals brutal chat with Des Hasler that led to Manly Sea Eagles exit

Manly hooker Api Koroisau could see the writing on the wall at the NRL club so wasn’t surprised when coach Des Hasler told him he could look elsewhere.
The 26-year-old is set to leave the Sea Eagles at the end of the year, with young hooker Manase Fainu deemed ready to take on the key role in 2020.

Koroisau has received offers from both the Warriors and Canterbury, and an announcement on his future is possible as early as this week.

With Fainu developing Koroisau had anticipated the bad news before being called into Hasler’s office during a recent injury lay-off.

“It wasn’t unexpected, but it was something I haven’t experienced before,” Koroisau told AAP.

“It was more like I had a really good student behind me. My protege was playing some unbelievable footy.

“It is what it is, footy is footy, it’s a business now and you’ve just got to roll with the punches.”

Koroisau has been with the Sea Eagles since 2016 and has two years left on his contract but Fainu has made an impression while the Fijian international battled foot and ankle injuries.

“I have no bad blood with the club or anything, Des handled it amazingly,” he said.

“He (Hasler) made it very clear he wants me here this year and it instilled a lot of confidence in me.

“That means a lot to me and obviously we are looking to have a big year at the club.”

He and Fainu remain close, with the rookie identifying Koroisau as a valuable mentor on and off the field this season.

“He has taught me a lot and I hope he doesn’t go. I want to keep learning off him,” he said.

“We text each other all the time, call each other and talk about stuff.”
After he threw that forward pass a few weeks ago he sealed his fate in dessies mind... or not ;)

68397439_2440383946050797_139055089535942656_n.jpg

On FB so is it a stitch up - in reality have to let go of some cap $$$ to afford Turbo's and hopefully Schuster

He had been good but he is in a situation where his understudy is playing amazing footy and better value.

I would say that we will miss his defense as that's one area fainu needs to work, we are giving up a bit of defense for a bit of attack so it balances out.

I think API would make a good half, his off the deck passing lacks the crispness needed for a top flight hooker.

He had been good but he is in a situation where his understudy is playing amazing footy and better value.

This is the problem that ( some) clubs have and juggling the cap would be a nightmare.

When the understudy has a breakout season their $$ value and interest from other clubs increases, then their managers start agitating for an upgrade to their existing contract or want to get a new deal done while they're hot.
If the club holds firm and we lose the understudy everyone screams "how could you let him go?".

The balance of the now v the future must be bloody difficult and the conversation to tap someone on the shoulder must be moreso.

At least Api got the tap on the shoulder whilst he's playing good footy so he's tradeable.

You know, my only issue with Api as a player is that his dummy half passing, while it has improved somewhat, still isn't the best. He doesn't throw many forward passes which is a good thing, but sometimes he doesn't hit the target either and that can be frustrating.

However, what can't be denied is his heart as a player. For a guy who is only 5'8" and 85 kg, he punches well above his weight, especially in defence and in that sense he has always reminded me a lot of Tooves. And unlike that other hooker from Mexico who gets all the love from the media about his work rate despite that he is usually the 3rd man into a tackle and is a complete grub and knob head.....Api is usually the first in even against guys similar in size to AFB and Marty.

I'll be sad to see Api go because I like the guy, but I do wish him the best (but not premiership winning best @:p) in his new career at Belmore. And he leaves Manly with us safe in the knowledge that his replacement is not only going to be a gun.....but already is.

For mine, the top 5 hooker dummy halves in the NRL currently are Smith (I hate admitting that, but take away the grub factor and he is a good player), Cook, Fainu, Api and McInnes.

I would say that we will miss his defense as that's one area fainu needs to work, we are giving up a bit of defense for a bit of attack so it balances out.

I think API would make a good half, his off the deck passing lacks the crispness needed for a top flight hooker.

I agree with a lot of what you say Dan but some of Manase's off the deck passing is terrible .... he is a better runner than Api because he disguises his runs better and he is a bit quicker ... hopefully he can get his defence up to Api's standard and then he will be a real star ...

Why o why does Api let the play the ball roll so far before picking it up? He often picks it up way behind and it takes too long, then he cant get out and clear before passing.

I reckon Damien Cook will overtake Smith next year if he hasn’t already. He will be the #1 hooker for a while IMO.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8