News: Api Koroisau contract situation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think it became tighter on our cap when Thompson resigned. He can hold his head high on his time at Manly. He is still our no.1 hooker .. IMHO. He will get an upgrade with the new contract.

Well ****! I love this guy hes a great player and i like the one two punch he and fainu provide us.. like someone said above as long as we keep docker clay and Schuster i dont mind this.. that much. I wanted him to stay... surely we could of offloaded LG, perrett and dudkinson 1st

It's a shame but we can't keep everyone. From past experience with success, upgrades are sought.

Thank you Api and good luck at the Dogs!

If true the Bulldogs are getting a great player.

However, Fainu is an up and coming superstar and I’m sure Des has a plan B for his backup.

Api Koroisau reveals brutal chat with Des Hasler that led to Manly Sea Eagles exit

Manly hooker Api Koroisau could see the writing on the wall at the NRL club so wasn’t surprised when coach Des Hasler told him he could look elsewhere.
The 26-year-old is set to leave the Sea Eagles at the end of the year, with young hooker Manase Fainu deemed ready to take on the key role in 2020.

Koroisau has received offers from both the Warriors and Canterbury, and an announcement on his future is possible as early as this week.

With Fainu developing Koroisau had anticipated the bad news before being called into Hasler’s office during a recent injury lay-off.

“It wasn’t unexpected, but it was something I haven’t experienced before,” Koroisau told AAP.

“It was more like I had a really good student behind me. My protege was playing some unbelievable footy.

“It is what it is, footy is footy, it’s a business now and you’ve just got to roll with the punches.”

Koroisau has been with the Sea Eagles since 2016 and has two years left on his contract but Fainu has made an impression while the Fijian international battled foot and ankle injuries.

“I have no bad blood with the club or anything, Des handled it amazingly,” he said.

“He (Hasler) made it very clear he wants me here this year and it instilled a lot of confidence in me.

“That means a lot to me and obviously we are looking to have a big year at the club.”

He and Fainu remain close, with the rookie identifying Koroisau as a valuable mentor on and off the field this season.

“He has taught me a lot and I hope he doesn’t go. I want to keep learning off him,” he said.

“We text each other all the time, call each other and talk about stuff.”

What about Schuster on the bench nest year as cover? Give the kid a good upgrade and a spot in the 17 and see what he can do?

From what we have heard he could cover 5/8, lock, centre at a pinch. He has a passing game so dummy half shouldn't be an issue as cover in a match.

Why did Api leave the Rabbids after winning the GF :think:

He must have been 'tapped' before.

Good luck to him and hope he leaves Manly with a Premiership ring too :happy:

Well, there was the small matter of Isaac Luke being at Souffs at the time. Api only played that GF because Luke got himself suspended for a spear tackle in the Prelim Final on SBW (Chooks). If Luke hadn't been suspended its likely that Api would have been watching the GF from the stands.

Still, he did play and has a premiership ring to show for it. And I agree, I hope he gets another in 2019 with Manly.

Ironically, Api left for Penrith after the 2014 GF win looking for a regular starting spot (he played 16 games, generally floating between hooker and the halves, at Penrith before he and Lewis Brown followed Barrett to Manly). Luke would end up signing with the Warriors in May 2015 while Souffs signed Damien Cook from the Dogs to replace him from 2016.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8