New Sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Grumble grumble the state of RL media is at an all time low (all the while manly puff pieces go straight into my veins)

And I shall continue to grumble and shake fist at clouds.

2 things ... I think the new sponsor is more likely a new deal by the existing URL ..

And ... bugger that everybody loving us crap ... let's just win a couple of premierships and getting them to hate us again !!!

great article, but i was getting a little bit of déjà vu while reading it.
Yes. These tend to pop up whenever Manly play some great football in and around the finals.

The old ‘most hated team’ chestnut gets dragged out. Because you know, everyone just loves the Broncos and their city of 2.6 million people all to themselves.

Or Melbourne, arm twisting and even crippling opponents on their way to titles, whilst cheating the cap.

i was told a while back its the same organisation that has the naming rights to shark park

Hopefully some more innovations in regards to membership, especially something like a SE Queensland membership considering the amount of fans we would've gained over the past few months playing there.
We have had those before , incorporating a “ meet the players “ function.

Worked a treat UNTIL instead of doing the function post match they made it the Wednesday night before the Friday night game.

80% couldn’t attend both so after two years the Queensland membership was unsaleable.

Most people hated us because we apparently bought all our players from other clubs, but that was the future in this very game. We have kept up with the times. Have a look at the game today, there is more money circulating amongst players than there has ever been and we are still surviving without the so called “Silvertail cheque book”. We are not the richest club,far from it but we still get the job done. Eventually someone has to take notice. Look at our 2008 side, half of our team were not well known and that year is also living proof of what this club can do with the right people. This year is similar in regards to our youngsters coming up through the grades. We have done well this year regardless of getting to the GF or not. We had no Silvertail check book in 2008 and we have no Silvertail check book now.

I'm surprised no media outlet has dug out the 'entertainers' tag.

Wasn't that the name given to the dogs back in the ...80's?
Media dinosaurs are still stuck in the 70s 80s everyone hate Manly timewarp. Still too full of angry sodden old men with grudges and red noses.

I loved being the most hated club, it was a badge of honour.
When you asked most people why they hated Manly it was rare they could give an answer of why.
The best part of being hated so much is that it's driven by success. We are hated when we are doing well. It also makes the victories so much sweeter because you can really rub the opposition supporters noses in it!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2