New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Maybe it was a typo.
Should have read " no signings to be announced next week" and we have got it arse about face.

An article was posted in the Telegraph 30 minutes ago reporting both Barrett and Gorman are done. Goes on to say Trent’s extension dragged on due to his managemer being overseas, and that both will be announced either tomorrow or Wednesday. It also claimed that Manly are of the philosophy that elder players who are offered larger multi year deals will usually he allowed to go with the clubs blessing, however the club is firm that Green will not be let go until a suitable replacement is signed. So there you have it folks, our intent is very much to sign someone before next season. What will the people who bag recruitment over and over and over again post if we end up signing a quality player before round 1. Nothing most likely, it will be as though the barrage of criticism was just a figment of our imagination.

The club has to plan for life without Green. He wants out and only had 1yr left on his contract.
The club has no choice but to spend big on a position that wasn't our biggest weakness....

We had a choice. We where going after Thompson before hand. We chose to drop Thompson and chase the bigger fish. The club seems to think this will be for a greater benefit for the club. Let's see what happens......

An article was posted in the Telegraph 30 minutes ago reporting both Barrett and Gorman are done. Goes on to say Trent’s extension dragged on due to his managemer being overseas, and that both will be announced either tomorrow or Wednesday. It also claimed that Manly are of the philosophy that elder players who are offered larger multi year deals will usually he allowed to go with the clubs blessing, however the club is firm that Green will not be let go until a suitable replacement is signed. So there you have it folks, our intent is very much to sign someone before next season. What will the people who bag recruitment over and over and over again post if we end up signing a quality player before round 1. Nothing most likely, it will be as though the barrage of criticism was just a figment of our imagination.

I'd be more than happy to post an apology when they pull their fingers out of their arses and get it done..........................but let's wait till it happens!!!

The simple fact is that Pearce is just about the only remaining option .....................and this has only become an option due to the Cronk deal! He was never on our radar or anyone else's radar prior to that.

Effectively this means that our recruitment team initially really had no high profile off season targets................or at least none that they were even remotely successful with!

We may get Pearce by default but in my view that hardly vindicates our recruitment team!

You know it's completely possible to be a die hard supporter of the team and still be allowed to criticize the idiots running the club!!!Ripley's believe it or not!

I'd be more than happy to post an apology when they pull their fingers out of their arses and get it done..........................but let's wait till it happens!!!

The simple fact is that Pearce is just about the only remaining option .....................and this has only become an option due to the Cronk deal! He was never on our radar or anyone else's radar prior to that.

Effectively this means that our recruitment team initially really had no high profile off season targets................or at least none that they were even remotely successful with!

We may get Pearce by default but in my view that hardly vindicates our recruitment team!

You know it's completely possible to be a die hard supporter of the team and still be allowed to criticize the idiots running the club!!!Ripley's believe it or not!
The Penn boys certainly have done well for themselves for a pair of idiots. So much so that they have enough coin to buy, and run a professional NRL side. I concur that they haven’t done everything perfectly when it comes to the club. But at the end of the day, without those two idiots, you might be left without a team to support.

The Penn boys certainly have done well for themselves for a pair of idiots. So much so that they have enough coin to buy, and run a professional NRL side. I concur that they haven’t done everything perfectly when it comes to the club. But at the end of the day, without those two idiots, you might be left without a team to support.

...........calling them idiots is relative to the football club not to their business acumen.

There in lies my angst with the Penns, I do not really believe football success is their priority.
They want to run the club like a business............and in business terms finishing 6-8 on the ladder is just as good as 2-4.

The clubs under private ownership that have football success are generally those where the owners priority is on field success (e.g. passion projects) rather than trying to make the bottom line. Everything the Penns do seems to be about the bottom line.

Anyway that's my perception and I'm happy to stick with it until there is evidence to the contrary.

The clubs under private ownership that have football success are generally those where the owners priority is on field success (e.g. passion projects) rather than trying to make the bottom line.
Everything the Penns do seems to be about the bottom line.
Except they wouldn't be very shrewd businessmen if they ever took their eye off the bottom line, would they?
It's fine to rue the fact they are not sickeningly rich enough to continuously throw cash into a bottomless pit.
However I'd say their chief failure to date is more to do with not prioritising Manly's success off the field. Therein lies the only sustainable future for us on the Northern beaches.

(On the credit side, a relief to see a post not blighted by excessive exclamation marks)

Of the list of players of contract at the end of 2018 this is my top 10 of my shopping list;

1. Michael Morgan
2. Boyd Cordoner
3. Angus Crighton
4. Sam Burgess
5. Shannon Boyd
6. Josh Papalii
7. Nathan Brown
8. Kevin Naiqama
9. Dylan Edwards
10. Blake Austin

Of the list of players of contract at the end of 2018 this is my top 10 of my shopping list;

1. Michael Morgan
2. Boyd Cordoner
3. Angus Crighton
4. Sam Burgess
5. Shannon Boyd
6. Josh Papalii
7. Nathan Brown
8. Kevin Naiqama
9. Dylan Edwards
10. Blake Austin

Kevin Naiqama??????

Seriously Kelly and Parker both romp in over him

When Tigers fans don't want you in the team you know you are't much chop

Except they wouldn't be very shrewd businessmen if they ever took their eye off the bottom line, would they?
It's fine to rue the fact they are not sickeningly rich enough to continuously throw cash into a bottomless pit.
However I'd say their chief failure to date is more to do with not prioritising Manly's success off the field. Therein lies the only sustainable future for us on the Northern beaches.

(On the credit side, a relief to see a post not blighted by excessive exclamation marks)

Tell us in 250 words or less why you love the Penns.
Try to include how much you love grown men playing rugby league all holding hands before the game in your answer.

Kevin Naiqama??????

Seriously Kelly and Parker both romp in over him

When Tigers fans don't want you in the team you know you are't much chop
Seriously feathered friend , I agree with you with Naiqama but .....
Kelly is not an established NRL player .
Don't count your Sea eagles before they're hatched

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10