New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously feathered friend , I agree with you with Naiqama but .....
Kelly is not an established NRL player .
Don't count your Sea eagles before they're hatched

Then what is Kelly if he isnt an established NRL player. He just played a season in the Manly side and despite the criticism he received he remained there for most of the season and played some pretty decent games for a first year first grader. He may not have been the best centre going around, but he was certainly far from the worst. I suspect he'll be a better player next year

I wonder what role and influence that the minority share holding group of those two businessmen who took up an ownership stake some years ago actually is in relation to their 15 % club ownership . Maybe just a position on the club board and with the Penn"s still prepared to prop up the club and account for any operating losses , regardless of any perceived short comings , do not think that their genuine commitment to the Sea Eagles can ever be really questioned or doubted

Then what is Kelly if he isnt an established NRL player. He just played a season in the Manly side and despite the criticism he received he remained there for most of the season and played some pretty decent games for a first year first grader. He may not have been the best centre going around, but he was certainly far from the worst. I suspect he'll be a better player next year
Which NRL centres were worse than Kelly ?
Name them !

Seriously feathered friend , I agree with you with Naiqama but .....
Kelly is not an established NRL player .
Don't count your Sea eagles before they're hatched

Lets not turn this into another Kelly thread

My point was that he is simply better than Naiqama

Why don't we just face facts. For better or worse, for the foreseeable future our centres are likely to be Dylan Walker and Brian Kelly. Depending on Walker's recovery, Brad Parker or Matty Wright might be there for the start of the 2018 season, but out on the left its going to be Kelly unless he gets injured.

We will agree to disagree and I don't want to turn this into another Kelly thread

We shall not mention his name hahaha, but I think Naiqama will face a battle to make the Tigers side this year

1.Loloea
2.Nofoluma
3.Suli
4.Milne
5.MWZ/Fonua/Naiqama

Why don't we just face facts. For better or worse, for the foreseeable future our centres are likely to be Dylan Walker and Brian Kelly. Depending on Walker's recovery, Brad Parker or Matty Wright might be there for the start of the 2018 season, but out on the left its going to be Kelly unless he gets injured.

I think Parker is a red hot shout

No pun intended

We shall not mention his name hahaha, but I think Naiqama will face a battle to make the Tigers side this year

1.Loloea
2.Nofoluma
3.Suli
4.Milne
5.MWZ/Fonua/Naiqama
I agree . When the young talented players step up to the NRL the ordinary players like Naiqama step down

He made Blake look ordinary in the last round. He has outplayed numerous centres. I consider him better than Kata, Manu, Sami, Pulu, Takairanga, Fuimaono, Mata'utai, Lee, Zelezniak just to name a few

On what grounds will you have Kelly as a permanent left centre ?

He made Blake look ordinary in the last round. He has outplayed numerous centres. I consider him better than Kata, Manu, Sami, Pulu, Takairanga, Fuimaono, Mata'utai, Lee, Zelezniak just to name a few
Name them all !
So far you have named 8 centers that are worse then Kelly .
There are 16 teams in the NRL which makes 32 NRL starting centers and Kelly is outside the top 20 NRL centres at number 23 .
In all my time as a Manly supporter when our club was a serious threat to the premiership we never had a centre that was that far quality down the list.

Last edited:
Except they wouldn't be very shrewd businessmen if they ever took their eye off the bottom line, would they?
It's fine to rue the fact they are not sickeningly rich enough to continuously throw cash into a bottomless pit.
However I'd say their chief failure to date is more to do with not prioritising Manly's success off the field. Therein lies the only sustainable future for us on the Northern beaches.

(On the credit side, a relief to see a post not blighted by excessive exclamation marks)
Now with the Norths bid to gain ownership of the Titans now looking very unlikely . surely even more opportunity and reason for the Manly club to seek more affinity in the greater northern Sydney area and region with not only more corporate interest and support but also junior league participation and an increased and potential supporter base prospects .

Name them all !

Hold on while I grab the list of centres, put my hand over my eyes and point at a few. I'm sure I can deliver a few more names, though I guess it would be pushing it a bit if I chose Dugan and Chambers, wouldnt it? Ah! The fickle finger of fate.

We will agree to disagree and I don't want to turn this into another Kelly thread

Name them all !
There are 16 teams in the NRL which makes 32 NRL starting centers and Kelly is outside the top 20 NRL centres at number 23 .
In all my time as a Manly supporter when our club was a serious threat to the premiership we never had a centre that was that far quality down the list.

:confused::confused:

On what grounds isn't he?

Kelly was given the first crack at the spot this year and other than 2 rounds late in the year after some indifferent form, was there all season.

Look, we all know here that you don't really rate Kelly. That much is obvious. But the reality is that unless something changes between now and then, Kelly will more than likely be in the Manly #4 jumper come the opening round of 2018.

Listing Naiqama was not done as a replacement for Kelly but because IMO we need more experienced coverage for our centres following the injury to Dylan. Whilst we have emerging talent I'm not sure they are ready to jump straight into FG in round 1 and Dylan probably won't be back until round 4. Not many good centres coming off contract in 2018. If we cop another injury to a centre early in the comp then we will be really thin on experienced backs. Anyway Naiqama was at the bottom of my shopping list.

Name them all !
You can only compare left centre with left centre these days - God forbid that they find themselves on the wrong side of the ruck and forget how to pass left to right or to tackle with their right shoulder.

So you can only compare Kelly to the other 16 left centres. There aren't many good ones - that's why we had to put up with Jarhead Hayne there in Origin.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8