New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

eaglebuzz

Bencher
These forums are starting to devolve into pointless thread-filler posts. I was hoping we'd have had some worthwhile signings news before this rubbish started. This is going to be a loooooong off season.

Mr Manly 007

Reserve Grader
The Sea Eagles management need to start getting some positive news out to its supporters if they want memberships to increase.

We still dont know if Barrett has re-signed. We dont yet know if Gorman has signed. We dont yet know if Thompson or any other major player has signed. We dont know what the status is regarding Pearce. While other clubs are signing up willy-nilly Manly remains locked in its cone of silence.

Peters comment, now three weeks ago, gave some encouragement that signings would be confirmed within the week. But since then, other than a few minor players signed (and thankfully a few U20 signings), there has been nothing.

One wonders if Peters was right in the first place, suggesting that supporters were not important. He may have apologised but one wonders if his comment is a reflection of the general attitude of management. I would hope not. But if Management wants supporters on side, they MUST give us something to satiate our growing hunger for information.
I’m waiting to see some major signings before I pay for new membership.
The Sea Eagles management need to start getting some positive news out to its supporters if they want memberships to increase.

We still dont know if Barrett has re-signed. We dont yet know if Gorman has signed. We dont yet know if Thompson or any other major player has signed. We dont know what the status is regarding Pearce. While other clubs are signing up willy-nilly Manly remains locked in its cone of silence.

Peters comment, now three weeks ago, gave some encouragement that signings would be confirmed within the week. But since then, other than a few minor players signed (and thankfully a few U20 signings), there has been nothing.

One wonders if Peters was right in the first place, suggesting that supporters were not important. He may have apologised but one wonders if his comment is a reflection of the general attitude of management. I would hope not. But if Management wants supporters on side, they MUST give us something to satiate our growing hunger for information.

I couldn’t agree more , I won’t be renewing my membership until Manly announce some quality signings
and (banish Lewis Brown to uk Super League).
Ffs : Newcastle have bought and built up and the Knights are our rd1 match in Newcastle : the roster always needs renewing finding quality players and getting the best out of new players like Storm does under Bellemy.
I’d like to see in : M.Pearce ; j.Lealua ; Walmsley & J.Thompson.
Out : L.Brown : B.Bainbridge: J.Wright. Blake Green to Warriors ........Along with the others already gone like Matai, Stewart, Lawrence , Nate Myles.etc

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’m waiting to see some major signings before I pay for new membership.

I couldn’t agree more , I won’t be renewing my membership until Manly announce some quality signings
and (banish Lewis Brown to uk Super League).
Ffs : Newcastle have bought and built up and the Knights are our rd1 match in Newcastle : the roster always needs renewing finding quality players and getting the best out of new players like Storm does under Bellemy.
I’d like to see in : M.Pearce ; j.Lealua ; Walmsley & J.Thompson.
Out : L.Brown : B.Bainbridge: J.Wright. Blake Green to Warriors ........Along with the others already gone like Matai, Stewart, Lawrence , Nate Myles.etc

The Sea Eagles administration has pretty much always held its supporter base and membership in contempt. This is particularly true after Ken Arthurson retired. However, the current administration appears to have taken this contempt up to another level this off season. I personally dont think there is any point giving much credence to much of the rubbish re signing predictions that get posted on here, but the club could change that by better communicating with its membership base what is actually happening. Perhaps not the details but at least the strategy and the direction the club is taking. At the moment much of what they are doing, is coming across as inept and poorly planned, reactive decision making. I think the Manly Sea Eagles supporters deserve more from the club than they are currently getting.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
The Sea Eagles administration has pretty much always held its supporter base and membership in contempt. This is particularly true after Ken Arthurson retired. However, the current administration appears to have taken this contempt up to another level this off season. I personally dont think there is any point giving much credence to much of the rubbish re signing predictions that get posted on here, but the club could change that by better communicating with its membership base what is actually happening. Perhaps not the details but at least the strategy and the direction the club is taking. At the moment much of what they are doing, is coming across as inept and poorly planned, reactive decision making. I think the Manly Sea Eagles supporters deserve more from the club than they are currently getting.
Agree mate. It is very annoying how poorly Manly have interacted with the fans. I follow some US teams and the communication from the organisation is a world away from what we get.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Keeping one's cards close to one's chest is really an essential part of successful negotiation when it comes to the complex world of juggling an NRL roster.

The disappointing thing for me was the false start prediction a few weeks ago from a senior club figure to the effect some new faces would be announced 'in the next week'. When this failed to eventuate the effect on fans is plain to see, judging from these forums. Fans are disappointed and faith in the competence of the club is wavering.

For my part I am not too concerned we haven't made any big announcements yet, but I am disappointed in Zorba going off half-cocked, as it were.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
One of the major issues with the club is the lack of communication and things that are said in hope rather than reality.

As we all know it is membership renewal and right now the club does not have a lot to report about season 2018, we have no CEO, a coach unsigned beyond next season and no significant signings for next year or clarity about the salary cap investigation.

As some of you know, I rang the club yesterday to renew and I asked specific questions about the salary cap investigation and the betting scandal and I was informed that the club has been exonerated from all charges. All I want is the truth. The NRL and our club are both guilty of leaving us hanging over the outcome of this and we need to know once and for all what the hell is going on?

It is urgent now that the club appoint a CEO and that we get some long overdue leadership that has a goal of uniting the club instead of egos and agendas that just alienate the fans and members!!

manly al

First Grader
Not suggesting that the present recruiting and prospective signings situation is going well or is ideal as far as Manly is concerned but it just seems to be a moving feast on the club signing front right now . Essentially all players of interest are not free agents which does complicate and provide a degree of uncertainty and also Manly are not the only club of course that is in a position to vie for the services of any higher profile players who may be available or prepared to change clubs at the present time . Certainly did not help with Zorba raising some anticipated expectations some time ago . { week unknown or does"t really matter ]. Not privy to actual Manly cap specific details but by my best or rough calculations , still think that there is about 1 . 4 mil in the cap for further signings [ again can't say this is exact but i reckon about right ] but for what ever reason or circumstances , Manly just are not prepared, or able to land a or some bigger fish recently . Certainly not trying to make excuses for recent club signing perceptions or whatever but again just stating the obvious , that the current behind the scene club signing manoeuvreing is not straight forward or predictable . Again at least in Manly "s case the cap opportunity and cap money margin still seems to be available so maybe some good signing outcomes still possible sooner or latter .

Ryan

Journey Man
Think about Manly's bargaining power and position right now:

Recruitment: Scott Fulton (regional) & John Cartwright.
CEO: None
Coach: Trent Barrett (not willing to commit to extension)
Other: Recently let go a guy in Peters who was getting bullied at work

We have a bloke in Zorba that throw rocks at fans, then makes commitments, which aren't delivered on.

I'm not sure we present as professional right now. More over, it actually looks like a basket case.

Would you prefer to go to an operation like ours, or one like the Roosters / Storm / Panthers where all the administration is water tight, and run professionally?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Think about Manly's bargaining power and position right now:

Recruitment: Scott Fulton (regional) & John Cartwright.
CEO: None
Coach: Trent Barrett (not willing to commit to extension)
Other: Recently let go a guy in Peters who was getting bullied at work

We have a bloke in Zorba that throw rocks at fans, then makes commitments, which aren't delivered on.

I'm not sure we present as professional right now. More over, it actually looks like a basket case.

Would you prefer to go to an operation like ours, or one like the Roosters / Storm / Panthers where all the administration is water tight, and run professionally?

Add to that the **** that’s been thrown at us by Fairfax media and others.

It’s really sad but until we fix all these issues I think we are on the nose!

Freagle

Bencher
Not a new signing as such, but does anyone know who the young guy in the Manly kit might be? Was in a group of Samoan players working towards the World Cup, as far as I can gather. Clearly stands about 6'5" anyway, compared to some of the big units in this shot.
Random player.JPG

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It was said elsewhere but I'm not sure how much the players give a rats about the back office, as long as they are getting the money they want.

I reckon they could be more looking at:

DCE
Jake
Tom
Marty
Walker

Plus a host of others and thinking maybe that's a team of the future.

Seems to me there's not a bad core of a team. Do the knights run around cheering about coming last for the past 3 years but having a comfy head office?

You baby boomers want everything at once! No patience! lol (Also the irony of BB'ers whiners then telling millennials that they suck because they want everything now has also been said before.)

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17