New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
How are you guys going to cope if we haven't announced a signing into January? You're barely coping the second week into November :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I actually don’t think so much that we haven’t announced a signing rather than a board member ( I still think he is) comes out a month ago with the fact we are announcing signings #nextweek so almost everyone ( me included) gets into a tizz THEN we have the circus of the last two weeks with high profile signings moving to and fro and nada happens with us!!

Had in fact Zorba said nothing this thread wouldn’t even exist, and I think this is why some of us are “ testy”.

I think , and have stated it before , that we are well set up for 2018 BUT are short on a couple of forwards.

If Green goes we have Hastings / Cullen, not superstars but capable.

We were NEVER going to get Moylan / Pearce / Maloney and to be honest I’d rather that money go to a couple of good honest toilers and securing the best of our Under 20’s Premiers.

I hope the recruitment team have a few options but are perhaps holding off hoping for better ones as this transfer game continues.

If not, we have who we have and the young kids will just have to step up!

I actually don’t think so much that we haven’t announced a signing rather than a board member ( I still think he is) comes out a month ago with the fact we are announcing signings #nextweek so almost everyone ( me included) gets into a tizz THEN we have the circus of the last two weeks with high profile signings moving to and fro and nada happens with us!!

Had in fact Zorba said nothing this thread wouldn’t even exist, and I think this is why some of us are “ testy”.

I think , and have stated it before , that we are well set up for 2018 BUT are short on a couple of forwards.

If Green goes we have Hastings / Cullen, not superstars but capable.

We were NEVER going to get Moylan / Pearce / Maloney and to be honest I’d rather that money go to a couple of good honest toilers and securing the best of our Under 20’s Premiers.

I hope the recruitment team have a few options but are perhaps holding off hoping for better ones as this transfer game continues.

If not, we have who we have and the young kids will just have to step up!

This.............

Let's invest in our up and coming as their is a load of room for improvement in our current squad. This thread is now super annoying!

Think about Manly's bargaining power and position right now:

Recruitment: Scott Fulton (regional) & John Cartwright.
CEO: None
Coach: Trent Barrett (not willing to commit to extension)
Other: Recently let go a guy in Peters who was getting bullied at work

We have a bloke in Zorba that throw rocks at fans, then makes commitments, which aren't delivered on.

I'm not sure we present as professional right now. More over, it actually looks like a basket case.

Would you prefer to go to an operation like ours, or one like the Roosters / Storm / Panthers where all the administration is water tight, and run professionally?

Add to that the **** that’s been thrown at us by Fairfax media and others.

It’s really sad but until we fix all these issues I think we are on the nose!
And poor condition of our home ground ... and expensive place to live ...

Of course there are a few positives too:
-a club steeped in success that wins premierships every decade
-a boom young coach who is popular and respected
-an up-and-coming NRL roster including topline players DCE, Turbos x 2, Taupau
-a fantastic area to live, great place to bring up kids
-passionate fans, most of whom can spell!

Let me guess Mark, your tipping 12th again for next season.
Find a happy place mate. I'm sure there's stuff going on in the background that supporters don't get inside info on.

Long way to go to round 1.
Not at all, in fact even if we don’t sign anyone I’m still far more Optimistic than I was earlier this year.

Top 8 for sure, a couple of good toiler forwards and we could make top 4 ( even without Green).

And poor condition of our home ground ... and expensive place to live ...

Of course there are a few positives too:
-a club steeped in success that wins premierships every decade
-a boom young coach who is popular and respected
-an up-and-coming NRL roster including topline players DCE, Turbos x 2, Taupau
-a fantastic area to live, great place to bring up kids
-passionate fans, most of whom can spell!
The Beaches alone make our club an attractive proposition. As does the countless players who testify how much they love the place. No way are we on the nose, absolutely no chance.

Any die hards being down to have a sneaky at the first two days of pre season at Narrabeen?

Maybe spot a new face or two we currently don't know about??

Surely we have a stalker on the forum with a few spare hours on their hands?

I would love to give Hastings the ego a crack with DCE on the park at the same time.
He was pillared playing 7 when dogboy was banned in 2016, but who was his 5/8th (hint nobody Manly would buy).

Shovel Thompson back to ST Choke - and pour the kitchen sink into Crichton.

That Crichton boy is something special.

Any die hards being down to have a sneaky at the first two days of pre season at Narrabeen?

Maybe spot a new face or two we currently don't know about??
One who may as well be a new face is Paseka, signed part way through this year, missed a number of games with injury.
He is a giant. Nelson Asofa-Solomona has set the standard for how a huge young forward should play, if Paseka follows his lead we'll have a good bench player in 2018 and a top player by 2019.

One who may as well be a new face is Paseka, signed part way through this year, missed a number of games with injury.
He is a giant. Nelson Asofa-Solomona has set the standard for how a huge young forward should play, if Paseka follows his lead we'll have a good bench player in 2018 and a top player by 2019.
I hope he turns out to be more Asofa-Solomona than Tony Williams.

I'd take the 2009 Tony Williams all over again, and if Paseka turns out as good I won't complain. Some damaging moments building to a key role in a premiership wining team, and playing well enough to play for NSW and Australia.
Sure he wasn't a top player for 10 years, or even 5 years. Not many are! Get Manly another premiership, get your rep jerseys, then go to the Dogs, Eels, I won't care.

So much for the big fish signing.. Maybe Zorba's definition is off the mark..
images (8).jpg

I was hoping to spot some #nextweek signings not #lastyear

Disappointed like most here. Believe we turned corner last season. Have some weakness in squad in frank and brian kelly. Recruitment been under wellming but i believe cap un certainty did not help us.
I imagine blake green cools his heels given pearce stays or goes to sharks.
Have not seen final 2018 squad which suggests we still trying to nab someone.
We need some 20s to excel if where to be top 4 imo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10