New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
What? So we’ve buggered up the signing of Lyall Gorman too have we?

That’s now Moylan, Klemmer, Thompson, Pearce & there would be others I’ve missed who we’ve been linked too & come up with squat!

Not to mention we can’t sign a coach who is already at the club & now has no other job options at rival clubs!

Manly is a laughing stock & even Bob Fulton didn’t want to hang around.

Last one out turn off the lights!
When Supreme said that the head of the NRL was joining Manly as CEO I got the sneaking suspicion it was a joke, could be wrong though.

giphy.gif

I realise this! My point is our club is so useless they can’t sign anyone...even players that are desperate to come like Moylan!

double hoops

First Grader
The irony of this is we have been discussing new signings for about a month or more now and it’s even spawned a new meme in “ #nextweek”, and still nothing.

And IMO, Pearce will stay at the Rorters ( getting over his hissy fit) after the Cronk move in.

It seems likely the Maloney / Moylan swap could go ahead , Moylan unhappy where he is and Maloney is just a mercenary.

Thompson, well who knows but he’ll probably stay where he is.

So where does that leave the Sea Eagles??

Well for 50 pages ( and probably a lot more before it fades) we will have wasted thousands of words , hundreds of hours for absolutely nothing , that’s zero, nada not a cracker.

We’ve argued, bickered , agree’d, disagreed , given likes, given dislikes AND even some trolls, again for absolutely nothing!

Been fun hasn’t it?
Imagine how Scott Fulton must feel!

Snake

Snake's Alive!
We may as well give Tom Wright a try at 5/8 than buy an average player like May. His club has no confidence in him or else they wouldn't be recruiting Maloney.
What we need is a goal kicker. Maloney would have fitted that bill, but there are now no star 5/8s available who are goal kickers. Even if we get Pearce we still are lacking a goal kicker, unless DCE, Kelly or Walker step up, or Hastings is given a chance.
Frankly, when I look at our potential top 30 I can only see goal-kicking as our one weakness. We don't need another high-priced import. Better to keep some money available for mid-season bargains of which there are always several.
You do realise May has played 9 FG games yeah?

That is hardly enough time to (a) call him average and (b) assume that his club has no confidence in him.

Maloney is experienced and is 31. He has been purchased to guide Cleary and May who could be a long term halves pairing. The Panthers have another really promising Kiwi 5/8 in the wings too. May can also play in the back row as a ball playing lock.

He is not in Manly's sights anyway and is a Penrith junior and local coming off a knee reconstruction. There is no chance of him coming to Manly regardless.

As for Tom Wright, he still has some burning deficiencies that the coaching staff are aware of. Game management and defence being two of them. It has only just ticked over to November and we already have a 5/8 on contract in Blake Green.

Unless we sign a marquee half or at least a very good one, chances are Green will run around again next year anyway.

Either way, it won't come down to Tom Wright being given the keys to city and thrust into the important spine position based on a couple of rabbits he pulled out of a hat in the under 20's.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I'm referring to the nationality of their other promising 5/8 that played in the NSW Cup final.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
You said they have another promising Kiwi and I asked who is the first you replied May. All good.
Yeah another promising 5/8.
Although now that you mention it, May has Samoan heritage that actually qualifies him to represent NZ so I guess if you misunderstood my post due to the grammatical construction of it, the point actually stands in some respect.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
A semantics fight !!! Sweet, let me grab my popcorn.
Looking back it, I can see how it could read like I was saying May is also Kiwi.

I should have written "the Panthers also have another promising 5/8 who happens to be Kiwi".

That would have prevented the confusion.

Jigzkiller

Bencher
Yeah another promising 5/8.
Although now that you mention it, May has Samoan heritage that actually qualifies him to represent NZ so I guess if you misunderstood my post due to the grammatical construction of it, the point actually stands in some respect.

He has played for Junior Kangaroos so no longer available for Kiwis. But they did ask and he politely said thanks but no thanks.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
He has played for Junior Kangaroos so no longer available for Kiwis. But they did ask and he politely said thanks but no thanks.
You missed Andrew Fifita playing for Tonga eh? Junior KANgaroo's certainly won't rule him out but good on a Mt Druitt born boy pledging his allegiance to his country of birth.
I hope he never runs for parliament though, that could cause a headache.

Jigzkiller

Bencher
You missed Andrew Fifita playing for Tonga eh? Junior KANgaroo's certainly won't rule him out but good on a Mt Druitt born boy pledging his allegiance to his country of birth.
I hope he never runs for parliament though, that could cause a headache.

Kiwis are tier 1 can't change tier 1 to tier 1 and rules were changed if you play junior Kiwis or Roos you are bound to those tier 1 countries. He can play for Samoa of course being Tier 2

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Kiwis are tier 1 can't change tier 1 to tier 1 and rules were changed if you play junior Kiwis or Roos you are bound to those tier 1 countries. He can play for Samoa of course being Tier 2
Ah Ok thanks for clearing that up. What a farce though eh! An allegiance to a country should be just that; an allegiance. I find it absurd that these guys can jump around as they please.

The day Nathan Fein represented NZ (the first time), was banned, and then reinstated based on time spent living in NZ, was the death of international football...or maybe it was the day Radradra played for Australia, I'm not sure...

on twitter now supposedly (I don't have that lol)

Jayden Nikorima tested positive to drugs twice.
Convenient for the Rorters and Uncle Nick to release it now.

Frees up cash for dogboy or Criton though.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16