New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Fluffy

Journey Man
A close friend tells me Green deal is basically done and something will have to happen badly behind the scenes for it to fall through. So that leaves us with no established halves. I cant see Pearce leaving Roosters and Moylan will either go with Fifita to sharks or stay in panther land. Hastings is also off to Storm so we are also running out of established backups.

WTF happened to DCE?

Shoe1

Journey Man
Except for the fact Pearce is in Hawaii for another 8 days, and has to met the Roosters Football Manager on return.... can we start a Pearce clock and have a count down to find out he ain't coming! because as at 10.30pm last night the Rosters will still not release him.
There is no WiFi, telecommunication or Skype in Hawaii so there is no chance that Pearce’s manager can sort this out with manly and contact him for a decision while he is away.

Moops

Bencher
Seems in essence a case of player value contracts in terms of club bargaining positions and dissatisfied players getting what they really want , despite being still contracted to their respective clubs . Moylan and Maloney unhappy now , Moylan gets to depart the Panthers on a slightly increased contract from what either Panthers or Manly could or would provide. Maloney to get much more to please him at the Panthers. Manly have Blake Green on offer with apparently only the Warriors interested with a significant upgrade . so Manly were always going to be at a disadvantage . The Sharks must surely have some cap adjustments if Moylan does arrive taking into account Dugan"s signing and just losing Bird at this stage . Enough scope for Manly to still acquire a half of Pearce"s calibre , probably and of course still possible , but up to the Roosters and Pearce himself really . Any significance on Manly now signing another young developing half in Croker . who knows . However Manly can only operate with the cards that they have been given with having Green as a bargaining chip and i guess that that is the unavoidable reality at present .

But, but, but, a poster on here rated Blake Green as one of the best halves in the NRL and he wouldn't swap him for anyone. Obviously no other clubs think this way, other than the Warriors, which is a rabble of an administration anyway.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The irony of this is we have been discussing new signings for about a month or more now and it’s even spawned a new meme in “ #nextweek”, and still nothing.

And IMO, Pearce will stay at the Rorters ( getting over his hissy fit) after the Cronk move in.

It seems likely the Maloney / Moylan swap could go ahead , Moylan unhappy where he is and Maloney is just a mercenary.

Thompson, well who knows but he’ll probably stay where he is.

So where does that leave the Sea Eagles??

Well for 50 pages ( and probably a lot more before it fades) we will have wasted thousands of words , hundreds of hours for absolutely nothing , that’s zero, nada not a cracker.

We’ve argued, bickered , agree’d, disagreed , given likes, given dislikes AND even some trolls, again for absolutely nothing!

Been fun hasn’t it?

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
Just heard on radio that the Maloney / Moylan swap is a done deal and will be announced next week

(Monday next week- source Rothtool via Hadley)

Ryan

Journey Man
Just heard on radio that the Maloney / Moylan swap is a done deal and will be announced next week

Now's the time to strike. Dylan Edwards from the Panthers - offer him very big $$$$. Off contract 2018. Will be behind Maloney / Cleary. Screw Panthers over by at least forcing them to pay him massive overs.

Sick of all these ****ing rich clubs getting richer.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader

Now's the time to strike. Dylan Edwards from the Panthers - offer him very big $$$$. Off contract 2018. Will be behind Maloney / Cleary. Screw Panthers over by at least forcing them to pay him massive overs.

Sick of all these ****ing rich clubs getting richer.

Edwards will be fullback but I would have a look at Tyson May! He’ll be out now Maloney is coming & looked good in the lead up to the finals!

At this stage I just want Manly to sign a first grader...anyone really!

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
The irony of this is we have been discussing new signings for about a month or more now and it’s even spawned a new meme in “ #nextweek”, and still nothing.

And IMO, Pearce will stay at the Rorters ( getting over his hissy fit) after the Cronk move in.

It seems likely the Maloney / Moylan swap could go ahead , Moylan unhappy where he is and Maloney is just a mercenary.

Thompson, well who knows but he’ll probably stay where he is.

So where does that leave the Sea Eagles??

Well for 50 pages ( and probably a lot more before it fades) we will have wasted thousands of words , hundreds of hours for absolutely nothing , that’s zero, nada not a cracker.

We’ve argued, bickered , agree’d, disagreed , given likes, given dislikes AND even some trolls, again for absolutely nothing!

Been fun hasn’t it?

No foreseeable new signings:(

Has anyone got a stopwatch. Get ready to press.

We are starting to miss Bozo from...........NOW!

The Who

Journey Man
Edwards will be fullback but I would have a look at Tyson May! He’ll be out now Maloney is coming & looked good in the lead up to the finals!

At this stage I just want Manly to sign a first grader...anyone really!
We may as well give Tom Wright a try at 5/8 than buy an average player like May. His club has no confidence in him or else they wouldn't be recruiting Maloney.
What we need is a goal kicker. Maloney would have fitted that bill, but there are now no star 5/8s available who are goal kickers. Even if we get Pearce we still are lacking a goal kicker, unless DCE, Kelly or Walker step up, or Hastings is given a chance.
Frankly, when I look at our potential top 30 I can only see goal-kicking as our one weakness. We don't need another high-priced import. Better to keep some money available for mid-season bargains of which there are always several.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just heard that the Penn family are negotiating with Greenturd to be our next CEO! How awesome would that be! Going to be announced next week!
troll.jpg

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
Just heard that the Penn family are negotiating with Greenturd to be our next CEO! How awesome would that be! Going to be announced next week!

What? So we’ve buggered up the signing of Lyall Gorman too have we?

That’s now Moylan, Klemmer, Thompson, Pearce & there would be others I’ve missed who we’ve been linked too & come up with squat!

Not to mention we can’t sign a coach who is already at the club & now has no other job options at rival clubs!

Manly is a laughing stock & even Bob Fulton didn’t want to hang around.

Last one out turn off the lights!

Bencher

That’s now Moylan, Klemmer, Thompson, Pearce & there would be others I’ve missed who we’ve been linked too & come up with squat!

Not to mention we can’t sign a coach who is already at the club & now has no other job options at rival clubs!

All is not lost, we still have Brown.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader

When Supreme said that the head of the NRL was joining Manly as CEO I got the sneaking suspicion it was a joke, could be wrong though.

giphy.gif

I realise it was tongue in cheek but my point is we are constantly coming up with nothing! The Salary Cap could go up to $20m & we would still be battling! Hopeless

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18