• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Ha singo....when do we get Max K's view on it?
Here it is . The Max K view and the full story

The point is that this political can of worms add stirs up people and takes their focus away from footy and into a political warfare

Not a clever move . But hey , when was the last time Todd did anything clever ?

Sport and politics are not a good mix and you would think Todd would be smarter than that

These politicians have spent years debating in parliment and they cant sort out our political s**t

and Todd thinks we can sort it all out with a 2 minute footy add

All you have done Todd is add fuel to the fire

The new age NRL committe here in deep consultation

Stand by for another one of their bright ideas

jpg.jpg

Instead of showing Sheilas kissing to promote inclusiveness and female participation, how bout just extending the womens game past 4 weeks of playing and what, 6-8 teams only?? And make a real go of having a womens comp.. or atleast pay them enough to focus on league as a career? I dunno, just a thought.

On the aboriginal side of things, how bout showing the countless indiginious players that light the game up each week, instead of focusing on the selfish greedy tosser that gets "offended" at 800K and sulks off home

In a cafe in Rome opposite the Vatican and Tina is belting this out. Regardless of how ****e the new Ad is it still screams Rugby league to me every time I hear it.

In honour of being called a “ triggered boomer” ( perhaps one of you millenials can tell me what that actually means ) I’m no longer “ living the dream “.

Interesting views on here I’ve just read @SeaEagleRock8 ‘a view and he’s probably right but I still reckon a straight out “ how good are our players “ with wingers scoring in the corner whilst in the air and stuff like that with Tina starting and the little girl finishing would still have been better.

I bet the AFL does just that ( different song).

Yes @Mark from Brisbane the AFL did a much much better job with their ad (although the NRLs song was much much better). It features fan footage, celebrations and highlights, showcasing the creativity and skills of AFL players – and the dreamers.

"clips from fans emulating their favourite footy stars producing some of the biggest moments of the 2019 season.

It also uses clips of Nick Riewoldt ‘performing’ as Freddie Mercury as well as MND ambassador Neale Daniher’s emotional speech to Melbourne players before that game on Queen’s Birthday."

The ad was supposed to be about RUGBY LEAGUE.

It is supposed to inspire participation in the game by kids and fans to get to grounds and become members if I'm not mistaken.

Why does someone's Aboriginality need to be highlighted ? George Peponis' Greek background wasn't highlighted and he captained Australia. (And it shouldn't be, by the way.)

Do we need to show two lesbians kissing to show we are accepting of people's sexuality ? Most people don't care which way you swing. Just don't be a dickhead is all most ask.

The tribalism that built this game is dwindling and the powers that be are too blind to see it. How did these clowns ever get in charge of a sport ?
Actually Peponis’s Greek heritage was highlighted at every turn, once he became the Australian captain. And it was also a strong marketing tool for Canterbury-Bankstown throughout his career. But don’t let facts get in the way of an argument built on shifting sands.

I see nothing wrong with the ad.

Needless to say I find it amusing that some on this site adopt the News Ltd tabloid line (presumably part of a strategy to oust Greenberg) re: the ad, then routinely attack the same organisation for some of its perceived negative reporting of the Manly-Warringah club over many years.

Last edited:
Joel Thompson points out that racist are wrong and uneducated.

“It changed everything for me, it gave me more understanding. and now I know the issues,” he said.

“That’s what I think people can’t cop – a proud black man standing up for what he believes in. Just like the Adam Goodes bit, people just aren’t ready for that which is disappointing.

“It’s a really sad part of society at the moment. Let’s have a decent chat, come out to communities see why our game is so important to so many people.

“It means so much to those kids. To see Latrell get attacked is not OK. To have anyone attacked is not OK.
“We’re not just coming up with this, ‘oh let’s not have the anthem’, we do it because it means something to us.

“People are too quick to judge without having an understanding and not educating themselves and not having a bit of empathy.

“There’s a reason behind it – when the anthem came out my nan wasn’t even classed as a citizen. It was a racist period for our people. I hope the next generation coming through are getting better at understanding.”

Joel Thompson points out that racist are wrong and uneducated.
And points out that the attacks on Mitchell following the league's ad are very concerning given recent history in this country “This is heading into dangerous territory. A lot of us have watched the Adam Goodes documentary and it makes you feel sick, if you watch that and know what that man went through."
Good on Joel for speaking out.

[QUOT
Have a look at Harley Davidson,
Once the biggest name in motorcycles,
Rusted on consumers, passionate, loyal and Harley know what they like and make a product to suit, but a thinning market as the average age of consumers goes up by 9 years evry decade ie kids dont buy Harley's they but scooters and electric bikes.
Harley need to either change (which they are) or die.

A fair parallel to NRL i reckon.

I am not certain you are making the point you think you are ....

If Harley Davidson do as you suggest ... and abandon what has made them successful for 100 years ..... and start making 50cc step through scooters to appease the "new" market ...... then they cease to be Harley Davidson anyway .....

OK ... so the left wing drama propagandists have managed to turn the arguement into their usual bull**** smother .....

If you didn't like the ad, or the choice of Mitchell over other Indigenous contributors to the game .... then you are racist and homophobic .....

Fair dinkum .... I know who the ideological dinosaurs are .....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8