• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I strongly believe I’m not racist ( especially given my background) and I’ve got nothing against the aboriginal flag nor aboriginal players , let’s face it the Manly team and teams of the past are littered with other races but what I am is a die hard dinky die Aussie and to not see our nations flag anywhere in the advertisement, to me anyway, stinks!!

You want inclusiveness, show both NOT one!!
Why just the aboriginal flag and not those of NZ, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, New Guinea, England etc, all of whom contribute players to the NRL?

A lot of this national anthem will I / won’t I stuff could be avoided if they didn’t play the national anthem for the opening of a letter.
Why do we have it at club games, origin etc

It should be for international events contested by Aussie teams or individuals. Keep it significant and related to representing our country. So many times I’ve stood there wondering why the he’ll they are playing it in the first place.
I’m not sure where I stand on players not wanting to participate but I do know it’s played far too often.

It upsets me that the afl is really popular and so blatantly racist. It shows how far most of the country has to go before they even realise how bad things are for first nations people.

Goodes was Australian of the year and booed out of the game for daring to challenge things. His own state of SA even booed him, and he was a clean and skillful player, not dirty. So it was racism. I had country south Australian relos telling me they weren’t racist during the boo period, they just didn’t like his war dance. Complete dumb idiots.

I am pleased that the nrl has made a positive step here, however clumsy. It is a line in the sand which says we accept diversity.
I have to disagree. Goodes was booed because he carries on like a peanut! Remember Jason Akamanis? He said it perfectly when he said that himself was booed throughout his whole career and he says that he was booed because he carried on like an idiot and people didnt like him. Akamanis said imagine if he was indigenous, everyone would be saying its racism... Why when a white fella gets booed its play on but if an indigenous player gets booed its racism??? Why is racism even a topic???
I really believe Australia in the majority is NOT racist at all in fact most indigenous Australians especially sportsman are held in the highest regard. Look at Meninga, Campbell, Thurston etc the list goes on. Apart from origin I dont think any of these players would have ever been booed and especially not because they are indigenous.

I have to disagree. Goodes was booed because he carries on like a peanut! Remember Jason Akamanis? He said it perfectly when he said that himself was booed throughout his whole career and he says that he was booed because he carried on like an idiot and people didnt like him. Akamanis said imagine if he was indigenous, everyone would be saying its racism... Why when a white fella gets booed its play on but if an indigenous player gets booed its racism??? Why is racism even a topic???
I really believe Australia in the majority is NOT racist at all in fact most indigenous Australians especially sportsman are held in the highest regard. Look at Meninga, Campbell, Thurston etc the list goes on. Apart from origin I dont think any of these players would have ever been booed and especially not because they are indigenous.
So the monkey chants were not racist?

Robbo and also @Woodsie, I hope you have time to take a quick look at this article by former Swans teammate of Goodes. Includes this:

After training this week with my university football team, I was sitting in the change rooms with some of the guys and the topic of racism and Adam came up. One player said that they didn’t think it was racist. His view was that the best players have always been booed. That it was a badge of honour. As I prepared to respond, something happened. From the other corner of the room a voice called out: “He said it was hurting him. He felt it was racist. He was made to feel small and isolated and was bullied for standing up against racism. So yeah, I think it was racist.”

So the monkey chants were not racist?
Australians are sheep. They follow like little sheep. Look at this toilet paper fiasco for example. I would say a very very small minority of the people doing the monkey chants were actually racist, the rest were just sheep doing what sheep do. I think its more a case of them people being stupid as opposed to racist. Just my opinion anyway.

Robbo and also @Woodsie, I hope you have time to take a quick look at this article by former Swans teammate of Goodes. Includes this:

After training this week with my university football team, I was sitting in the change rooms with some of the guys and the topic of racism and Adam came up. One player said that they didn’t think it was racist. His view was that the best players have always been booed. That it was a badge of honour. As I prepared to respond, something happened. From the other corner of the room a voice called out: “He said it was hurting him. He felt it was racist. He was made to feel small and isolated and was bullied for standing up against racism. So yeah, I think it was racist.”

It shows that there is 2 completely different interpretations on what is considered racist. What seems fine to one can be interpreted in a completely different way by another. Its because of these differing opinions that it will be near impossible to rid the world of "racism"

Instead of showing Sheilas kissing to promote inclusiveness and female participation, how bout just extending the womens game past 4 weeks of playing and what, 6-8 teams only?? And make a real go of having a womens comp.. or atleast pay them enough to focus on league as a career? I dunno, just a thought.

On the aboriginal side of things, how bout showing the countless indiginious players that light the game up each week, instead of focusing on the selfish greedy tosser that gets "offended" at 800K and sulks off home
Because tokenism is easier to promote to the current generation.

It upsets me that the afl is really popular and so blatantly racist. It shows how far most of the country has to go before they even realise how bad things are for first nations people.

Goodes was Australian of the year and booed out of the game for daring to challenge things. His own state of SA even booed him, and he was a clean and skillful player, not dirty. So it was racism. I had country south Australian relos telling me they weren’t racist during the boo period, they just didn’t like his war dance. Complete dumb idiots.

I am pleased that the nrl has made a positive step here, however clumsy. It is a line in the sand which says we accept diversity.

Goodes was booed for being a grandstanding free kick seeking sook. The afl crowds never booed Rioli Burgoyne or Betts.

How much better would the advertisement have been with say , Trell wrapped in the Indigenous flag, with an arm around Player XXXX wrapped in an Aussie flag.

Now that would be TRULY inclusive.
Yes, they should of done that with all of them.. tonga fiji nz etc flags then it would of been great. We have all nationalities playing in our game why just show Mitchell

Australians are sheep. They follow like little sheep. Look at this toilet paper fiasco for example. I would say a very very small minority of the people doing the monkey chants were actually racist, the rest were just sheep doing what sheep do. I think its more a case of them people being stupid as opposed to racist. Just my opinion anyway.
Sheep or uneducated? I would lean towards uneducated knuckle daggers.

Our own god in Cliff was never booed to my knowledge, if he was it wasn’t often.

Anthony Mundine was always booed and played the race card.
it was nothing to do with his background but everything to do with him carrying on like a Fwit.

Plenty of players of aboriginal background or islanders never got treated badly because they never carried on like spoilt little sooks.
Lateral is heading the same way, doesn’t get what he wants then it’s because of his background.
I use to like him as a player but not after the off season

Yes, they should of done that with all of them.. tonga fiji nz etc flags then it would of been great. We have all nationalities playing in our game why just show Mitchell

All they had to do was use Joel Thompson (as Indigenous captain) draped in the flag!!

It's LaTrell the person most people can't take too, not his colour.

Last edited:

Nobody is saying that racism is non existent ... or that there are no red neck dick heads ..... but to then expand that into the narrative that anybody that dislikes an indigenous player or his actions is a racist is intellectual fraud and factually untrue .....

but to then expand that into the narrative that anybody that dislikes an indigenous player or his actions is a racist is intellectual fraud and factually untrue .....

I agree although I’m not sure who you think has done that. Mitchell? Joel Thompson? Me?? For what its worth I think it’s impossible to not be racist, simply because of the history of how our country and the world came to be as it is. Including me, I’ve no illusions that I don’t have racist thoughts and attitudes that I’m not even aware of.

Luckily for all of us, this issue doesn’t have to be resolved today (!)

And this idea from AFB about improving as a footy player, might even be applied to the way we can help each other to improve our understanding of other things?

“Sometimes you think you are having a good game, you go in and you are shown a few things you can work on,” Fonua-Blake said. “It humbles you and that’s the type of thing that you need – you need to be able to take the good with the bad. “I reckon that’s what makes you a good footy player, someone that can obviously take criticism and use it to his advantage.”

I agree although I’m not sure who you think has done that. Mitchell? Joel Thompson? Me?? For what its worth I think it’s impossible to not be racist, simply because of the history of how our country and the world came to be as it is. Including me, I’ve no illusions that I don’t have racist thoughts and attitudes that I’m not even aware of.

Luckily for all of us, this issue doesn’t have to be resolved today (!)

And this idea from AFB about improving as a footy player, might even be applied to the way we can help each other to improve our understanding of other things?

“Sometimes you think you are having a good game, you go in and you are shown a few things you can work on,” Fonua-Blake said. “It humbles you and that’s the type of thing that you need – you need to be able to take the good with the bad. “I reckon that’s what makes you a good footy player, someone that can obviously take criticism and use it to his advantage.”

All of that .... but again as soon as the argument is started it deflects and ignores the true issues that people have ... the issue for me is simple ..

Many people didn't like or agree with the NRL becoming a social commentator ..... therefore ... cried the 'woke" .... they are racist and homophobic ....

NO .... they just don't think it is a role of the NRL to become a social commentator .....

... and PSS .... and people thinking that there may have been .. say .. 20 million better ways of showing cultural inclusiveness than featuring Latrell Mitchell ... who has done nothing for the game in his 2 years there, and who many regard as a Mungo ..... is also not racist ..... they just think it was a very poor choice and typical of the lack of good judgement displayed by an out of touch administration ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7