New News...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gallen was just interviewed on the Sunday Footy Show and said he'd change clubs if that was what was needed. Feels (and rightly too, in my opinion) he has plenty to offer in the NRL.

I'd have him at Manly in a heartbeat. Hard as nails and a leader. We don't have a single forward in Gallen's class.
Our Forward signings after Hasler left .
Starling - bench player for South's
Lawrence - bench player for Titans
Horo -unwanted at Parra
Mason - past his peak and unwanted at Newcastle
Leary - played only 2 nrl games with the Cowboys 2012 & 2013 and was released to play for QLD Residennts team 2014
Lui - bench player for Bronco's
Luke Burgess - bench player for Souths who were happy to let him go
Mateo - Warriors discard
How can we be a force if we have no Marquee forwards ?

What is going on here. We must be desperate if we want players like Gallen, Bird and Myles. Lets get some young players in and start rebuilding. Gallen only plays origin games, you hardly see him in the sharks jersey.

Minimally I think our forward pack needs one quality established first grader and one boon up an comer. Not sure if this is feasible with our salary cap but compared to what other clubs are buying I can't see why not.

I seriously doubt anyone in their right mind would sign with Manly. Tom Turbo could do a lot worse than to sign with the Roosters.

Our club stinks to high heaven.

Halves won't sign because our pack sucks.

Forwards won't sign because our halves are unknown.

Players aren't exactly lining up to play under Toovey, who looks likely to be sacked anyway.

I don't like it, but that's the way it is.

I seriously doubt anyone in their right mind would sign with Manly. Tom Turbo could do a lot worse than to sign with the Roosters.

Players aren't exactly lining up to play under Toovey, who looks likely to be sacked anyway.

Unfortunately you are dead right. At the moment we suck and are worse than the Raiders or even Sharks in attracting talent to the club. At least players have a reason for not choosing Canberra (no one in their right mind would want to live there and be coached by Ricky Stuart). What is our excuse for not being able to sign anyone decent or retain our own stars? Being able to attract and retain talent in business or sport is the job of the CEO and Management. They created this ****en mess and I hope they have a plan....

I think to a degree you are right. What I think more it going to happen is we will buy a player like (I'm just picking names, no inside info) say Blake Austin, who is a serviceable half. Nothing special, but has a go. Realistically out of the 32 halves in the comp, is probably in the bottom third (no disrespect intended), and we will have to pay him $800k to join us (whereas say his value is $400k or something similar). Or we take a punt on an English Half (as has been reported) and pay him overs to get a shot in the NRL.

It's going to take a lot of salesmanship and negotiation and PLANNING!! to get the current situation sorted.

What is going on here. We must be desperate if we want players like Gallen, Bird and Myles. Lets get some young players in and start rebuilding. Gallen only plays origin games, you hardly see him in the sharks jersey.
We are desperate. Have one of the worst packs in NRL. All 3 of those players are origin players, just what we need at Manly. After losing Gift it has really affected the team by not having a leader. Signing a player like Gallen would be more for his leadership than anything else. Id be happy if Gallen was in our pack and another back rower like Bird, although ideally a player like Sam Burgees would be perfect.

Manly must keep Tom T at all costs, bloody rorters! If we lose him or any of our good kids with the cap we now have available Kelly shoud be sacked with immediate effect.

I think we need a prop AND a back rower. T-Red shouldn't be in the top squad. He is a depth forward at best. Gallen and Bird. And a new coaching staff that can do something with our fat arse squad.
Yep, a rep prop and back rower is required.

Gallen the new BK if he signed with us!

too true BK turned things around with his attitude and toughness, Mason was the hope for this year but he talks more than he plays and sadly his wit has outlasted his ability - we don't have any forward who is destructive in attack or defines (we've got a lot of honest toilers) if we could get two strong seasons out of gallen, that would be enough to get us back on track and show the younger ones how to play hard.

Still believe we will do better in the second half of this season though.

In 1999 we were in a terrible mess after the first few rounds with Adam Hayden and Adam Brown and we had to call Cliffy back to help us avoid the spoon. He was 38 years old and hasn't played for 9 months but he came on and got us home against the knights from memory in his first back. Maybe Jason King can come back and show our rookie forwards the way to go for the rest of the season

Furl
I mean we still need to have some of this stuff come off it it's meaningless but at least there is some hope here.

Page would be handy this year. Like ASAP. Otherwise Hasson will be playing again.[/QUOT
Furk no, no matter how bad things are he's had his chance, we don't need a reversing skirt back again.

I think we need a prop AND a back rower. T-Red shouldn't be in the top squad. He is a depth forward at best. Gallen and Bird. And a new coaching staff that can do something with our fat arse squad.

without him who do we use to play in the backs each game after one(or more) gets injured?
so far this year we haven't finished a game with the same 1-7 that we started the game

I would have no problem with Gallen, Bird or Myles coming on board with us to add a bit of mongrel and toughness. Especially if we end up with a set of young halves.
I'd also like to see them make a play for Sika Manu.

without him who do we use to play in the backs each game after one(or more) gets injured?
so far this year we haven't finished a game with the same 1-7 that we started the game
Yeah that's all he's been good for. As a forward though and especially as a starter he's not up to it.

In Mason's defence, he was never supposed to be a starting prop. But with BJ and Starling missing, Tooves has few options open to him. As well, Burgess should be coming off the bench.

The more I think of it, the more I'm convinced a "thug" like Gallen is what our pack needs. A leader with mongrel and passion. Someone who DOES. Not someone who talks.

In 1999 we were in a terrible mess after the first few rounds with Adam Hayden and Adam Brown and we had to call Cliffy back to help us avoid the spoon. He was 38 years old and hasn't played for 9 months but he came on and got us home against the knights from memory in his first back. Maybe Jason King can come back and show our rookie forwards the way to go for the rest of the season

Forget Kingy. We need a 6. Cliffy saved us before. I reckon he can do it again!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6