New News...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously, get stuffed Roosters. They stole and destroyed Lama Tasi's career. They stole JWH. THey are dead set like vultures that club. I repeat, I find it interesting they can sign whoever they want, whenever they want, just like Melbourne could those years ago, and have Melbourne's recruiter from those years ago.

Also, something like:-

06. Todd Carney
07. Richie Myler

and wow, that's not much of a downgrade on what we have now. That WOULD be International halves, and quite a coup if possible. In fact, I'd be thinking MUCH better of Kelly. Myler would cost a bit, and so would Carney tbh though.

A halves pairing like that would really excite me.

Seriously, get stuffed Roosters. They stole and destroyed Lama Tasi's career. They stole JWH. THey are dead set like vultures that club. I repeat, I find it interesting they can sign whoever they want, whenever they want, just like Melbourne could those years ago, and have Melbourne's recruiter from those years ago.
I don't think it's genuine interest. It's probably a ruse to drive his price up.

You know what - at this point of the season, I'm glad he's injured. I don't feel comfortable running him out there every week with this **** squad when he's 18 because he has an honest go and contests the ball and he is trying harder than most others. I don't want him getting seriously injured doing that whilst playing with this garbage team.

Turbo - take your time with the ankle mate. As much time as you need.

Also, something like:-

06. Todd Carney
07. Richie Myler

and wow, that's not much of a downgrade on what we have now. That WOULD be International halves, and quite a coup if possible. In fact, I'd be thinking MUCH better of Kelly. Myler would cost a bit, and so would Carney tbh though.

A halves pairing like that would really excite me.
I'm hoping this comes off now so I can see you praise JK on here haha

I don't think it's genuine interest. It's probably a ruse to drive his price up.

You know what - at this point of the season, I'm glad he's injured. I don't feel comfortable running him out there every week with this **** squad when he's 18 because he has an honest go and contests the ball and he is trying harder than most others. I don't want him getting seriously injured doing that whilst playing with this garbage team.

Turbo - take your time with the ankle mate. As much time as you need.

Mate, he's playing with bench players, or reserve graders at the moment. Our two (whether rightfully or wrong) starting props are sitting on the sidelines. Heck, even Blake Leary may get a run, but is also injured.

See my team (full strength) in that other thread. If our halves heads were in the right space, that's a world class get up - and I include the forwards in that.

Some good news indeed! Good to see Opal here for another couple of years. And like I said in another thread, maybe we are looking at the English SL (the same thread I was shot down in for criticizing the club, FMD there are some tools floating about here lately)

Would like to see Luke Page signed too.

Mamo??

Roosters can get stuffed! I hope we sign Turbo up long term!

Mate, he's playing with bench players, or reserve graders at the moment. Our two (whether rightfully or wrong) starting props are sitting on the sidelines. Heck, even Blake Leary may get a run, but is also injured.

See my team (full strength) in that other thread. If our halves heads were in the right space, that's a world class get up - and I include the forwards in that.
Yeah I know but like Canberra game when he got up holding his hip I could have ****ing vomited. It's one thing to throw a young half out so they get experience directing the team. Different having your gun winger play with heartless second rate guys and get smashed for weeks.

I'm hoping this comes off now so I can see you praise JK on here haha
Unfortunately JK can only earn our praise if the halves he signs are the best halves pairing in the NRL at the time of signing.:cool:

Because that is what his charter was when he became CEO

Yes please !!

01. Brett Stewart
02. Clinton Gutherson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Todd Carney
07. Richie Myler
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Luke Burgess
15. Ligi Sao
16. Luke Page
17. Dunamis Lui

That is a beastly bench. That team imo is top 4.

Somebody in another thread said losing RTS will just be an excuse for the Roosters to hog even more talent. It seems from that article that losing him will enable them to sign Alex Johnson, Tom Turbo, and secure their own existing rising star. Magic salary cap...

Somebody in another thread said losing RTS will just be an excuse for the Roosters to hog even more talent. It seems from that article that losing him will enable them to sign Alex Johnson, Tom Turbo, and secure their own existing rising star. Magic salary cap...

Melbourne's old recruitment officer. How is it a known joke around the NRL about their salary cap, but no-one does a thing about it?

I mean we still need to have some of this stuff come off it it's meaningless but at least there is some hope here.

Page would be handy this year. Like ASAP. Otherwise Hasson will be playing again.

Yes please !!

01. Brett Stewart
02. Clinton Gutherson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Todd Carney
07. Richie Myler
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Luke Burgess
15. Ligi Sao
16. Luke Page
17. Dunamis Lui

That is a beastly bench. That team imo is top 4.
Top 4?? You can't be serious.
Wouldn't make the top 8 with that list.
Would be one if the worst packs in the comp.

agree...that's an average pack. We definitely need some props and one of them has to be world class.

Gallen was just interviewed on the Sunday Footy Show and said he'd change clubs if that was what was needed. Feels (and rightly too, in my opinion) he has plenty to offer in the NRL.

I'd have him at Manly in a heartbeat. Hard as nails and a leader. We don't have a single forward in Gallen's class.

I do think what is required currently is that BK forward leader of 05. I think potentially we tried to do that with Mason, but no disrespect, he's not in the same stratosphere as BK. He's trying hard and playing quite well, but he's just not that guy.

We have a captain (and back leader) in Jamie Lyon who commands respect with his actions and cool nature. Now we need to give him a hand with a co-captain (like we had with Kingy) with some quality forward (like a Gallen) that will just rip the door off the change room as he sprints out and says simply 'follow me'. To me that's where BK came into his own in 05/06. Whilst I don't think he was even captain at the time (or not always), you could see the forwards around him just lift with him there. We needed another carry from a tired forward pack.....there's BK doing it. Suddenly Watmough, Kingy, Kitey just went 'give me that ball, I've got to follow his lead!'.

I think we need a prop AND a back rower. T-Red shouldn't be in the top squad. He is a depth forward at best. Gallen and Bird. And a new coaching staff that can do something with our fat arse squad.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6