New Coaching Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A lot of people on here forget about all that Mick, I don't understand what scares them about moving away from the rubbish we've been fed over the past seven years, they've become accustomed to following a Manly team playing that brand of football week in week out year after year and they're happy to continue on accepting mediocrity. I'm hoping they'll be shaken out of their malaise when they see our team playing a 2023 brand of football that excites us instead of the confusing, slow, second rate crap we've become accustomed to, not expecting overnight success just an improvement on how we play the game with everyone on the same page

i dont disagree for one second.

but ask yourself 'how many Manly players make the Penrith top 13?" The correct and only possible answers are 0,1 or 2.

Mr Fluffy thinks we have a premiership roster, we have 8 first graders and two of them have left.

We aint got the cattle. While ever Parker and Croker are potentially 100 game first graders at the club we are in all sorts. PS not knocking those two, the try their guts out every week.

It's nice that everyone has a wish list of candidates for assistants that we might be able to get in a perfect world, but as we all know, this ain't a perfect world.

Three things to keep in mind. First, The Sei-Word will know who he wants in key roles. New coaches generally bring new trainers, new physios, etc - people they've worked with and are comfortable with. So that will come into play. Second, SATNIP is a cheap bastard, so there will be budgetary constraints - probably severe budgetary constraints. And third, just like with the head coach position, who in his or her right mind would want to come here? Why would anyone want to join a club that functions - when it functions at all - mostly as a punchline?

May be not that much change at all if the reports of Hayles and Monas staying on are accurate . Not too sure what Chad [ Randell 's ] role was but not really sure why 3 assistants are required in the general sense . Used to be the regular on field runner but again should not have to be an assistant coach to manage this role . Head fitness coach could be another issue but well and good to try and get players to optimum fitness levels , another matter for some players to have that additional on field mobility especially around the ruck to make their side really competitive . Marry , Keppie , Sipley , Boyle , even Jake, not the most lateral and covering type suitable players . Though Jake of course just so outstanding in most other facets . Bullermor good on his feet but some way yet to make his presence really felt in the middle where he looks like most effective . Maybe the likes of Tuitavake , Fifita and Sykes can have good off seasons and be a bit closer to a serious N R L and mobility level . .

Three things to keep in mind. First, The Sei-Word will know who he wants in key roles. New coaches generally bring new trainers, new physios, etc - people they've worked with and are comfortable with. So that will come into play.
The reality is, Seibold is our new coach. The only way to go is to give him the assistants and fitness staff he wants.
He really just needs to get clear air. And then the troops who've jumped on him hard (the name calling really is embarrassingly next level) can have a shot if he fails.

It's nice that everyone has a wish list of candidates for assistants that we might be able to get in a perfect world, but as we all know, this ain't a perfect world.

Three things to keep in mind. First, The Sei-Word will know who he wants in key roles. New coaches generally bring new trainers, new physios, etc - people they've worked with and are comfortable with. So that will come into play. Second, SATNIP is a cheap bastard, so there will be budgetary constraints - probably severe budgetary constraints. And third, just like with the head coach position, who in his or her right mind would want to come here? Why would anyone want to join a club that functions - when it functions at all - mostly as a punchline?
Hopefully the garden furniture has been upgraded since 2018.

Seriously though, I hope he can at least keep someone like Monaghan onboard. If and when the Seibold experiment falls over (and historically, when was the last time a Manly coach left on his own terms - certainly not since the Pennsylvanians got involved), we will want someone with some ‘Manly DNA’ still standing.

A lot of people on here forget about all that Mick, I don't understand what scares them about moving away from the rubbish we've been fed over the past seven years, they've become accustomed to following a Manly team playing that brand of football week in week out year after year and they're happy to continue on accepting mediocrity. I'm hoping they'll be shaken out of their malaise when they see our team playing a 2023 brand of football that excites us instead of the confusing, slow, second rate crap we've become accustomed to, not expecting overnight success just an improvement on how we play the game with everyone on the same page
Very true @eagleron there's been too much acceptance of mediocrity for too long. How the hell do you run without a recognised #9 for 3 years is beyond me. Forwards that are too slow and overweight as well as certain backs. Clearly unfit teams that collapse late in games. It had to change. I just hope the on field leadership changes too. We cannot continue with the poor captaincy that we've had for so long too.

And then the troops who've jumped on him hard (the name calling really is embarrassingly next level
Something about the anonymity of user names seems to allow people to reveal their true selves. A couple look downright nasty, but there's quite a few look just childish. Was doing a wwcc refresh yesterday and couldn't help noticing - an extreme interest in sex, sex words and dirty jokes is typical behaviour in 6-10 year olds!

Very concerned about Penn's 'championship quality side' comment.... may mean that there is very little on the way in terms of fresh blood...
Altho, who knows, maybe some of our young blood may step up into the void and take their opportunity with both hands - there is certainly incentive there now with fresh eyes on the scene...
Perhaps he forgot that he offloaded Api.

I'm intrigued as to what players he brought in to the souths and Brisbane camps when he was there? I can't think of any... despite what Penn says we are far off a premiership winning team. Is siebold the coach or character that's going to be able to bolster our stocks. Or is this still the Fulton's family calling

I'm intrigued as to what players he brought in to the souths and Brisbane camps when he was there? I can't think of any... despite what Penn says we are far off a premiership winning team. Is siebold the coach or character that's going to be able to bolster our stocks. Or is this still the Fulton's family calling
Pretty much like what players has Des brought in the last 4 years. None.

We do have some very talented young players as well as some experience. Surely there is no excuse not to have this quality fighting for top 4.
Tom T, Garrick , Koula , Schuster , DCE, Jake T, Olakau'atu , Weekes , Aloiai , Paseka ,Tuitavake, Tuipolutu, Fifita , Sykes.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8