New Coaching Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I do not think the club will ever relocate in any foreseeable timeframe. There is no evidence of that.

My concerns are that attempts to ‘de-Manlyfy’ like this latest one, ultimately lead to another dead end.

I would like to agree with you @Terry Zarsoff But we must remain vigilant to the concept that relocation is still a possibility for the future. Expansion of the NRL might well provide the conditions for partial relocation to occur, without breaching the terms of the existing agreement with the MWRLFC. I am just playing Devils Advocate, because it's the last thing I would want to happen to the club.

What I don't believe is that Mestrov is acting purely as a functionary for Penn, and further to that, that many changes are happening at MWSE in spite of Penn and not because of Penn. Clearly, he has to operate within the limitations of his contract, and therefore hasn't been given carte blanche to act outside those parameters. I have stated this in my two previous posts @Eagle of London

Other posters on here have a similar perspective on this to me

He goes on to write that "I find it interesting that many contributors on this forum who attribute an agenda/narrative that Tony Mestrov was appointed as CEO to function as [the] Penns' mercenary, to fulfill a pre-determined agenda set by the Penn family.

I have made my feelings quite clear on “The Yank” and his family along with his true “lapdog” in my posts throughout the year, unfortunately, there is a CLEAR agenda here, the Penn family DO NOT wish to continue with Des HOWEVER it is not solely on their shoulders.

There are more parties agitating for Des to walk and those parties are privately playing both sides of the field, leaving the agenda to be set as a "Penn v Hasler" brief whilst they too do not wish for him to continue."

No I don't believe Mestrov is there solely to do Penns bidding. I think its a little more complicated than that actually, and if it was so Mestrov would not have taken the role.
Time will tell I guess. Let's just hope after the gutting the fish can still swim.

When analysing the appointment of Seibold and the potential reasons for the failure he had at the Broncos, I think it is really important to look at the staff he had around him there.

When in charge of the Broncos, he had two assistant coaches in Peter Gentle and Ben Cross. No disrespect to them, but neither have anywhere close to the sort of experience Flanagan and Dymock have.

Clearly Seibs has taken some learnings out of that and is looking to surround himself with people that are going to provide the support needed.

Also with Dymock he is going to be really good to have around the Pacific Island contingent of the playing group with his background, another consideration that would have been made with his appointment.

What I don't believe is that Mestrov is acting purely as a functionary for Penn, and further to that, that many changes are happening at MWSE in spite of Penn and not because of Penn. Clearly, he has to operate within the limitations of his contract, and therefore hasn't been given carte blanche to act outside those parameters. I have stated this in my two previous posts @Eagle of London

Other posters on here have a similar perspective on this to me

He goes on to write that "I find it interesting that many contributors on this forum who attribute an agenda/narrative that Tony Mestrov was appointed as CEO to function as [the] Penns' mercenary, to fulfill a pre-determined agenda set by the Penn family.

I have made my feelings quite clear on “The Yank” and his family along with his true “lapdog” in my posts throughout the year, unfortunately, there is a CLEAR agenda here, the Penn family DO NOT wish to continue with Des HOWEVER it is not solely on their shoulders.

There are more parties agitating for Des to walk and those parties are privately playing both sides of the field, leaving the agenda to be set as a "Penn v Hasler" brief whilst they too do not wish for him to continue."

No I don't believe Mestrov is there solely to do Penns bidding. I think its a little more complicated than that actually, and if it was so Mestrov would not have taken the role.
Agree

Penn wanted Des gone , agree with UK on that one BUT I reckon the only way Mestrov would have taken the job was with a fair bit of autonomy to do things his way.

That’s what we are seeing right now , there’s no way he’s just Penn’s “ lapdog “.

Agree

Penn wanted Des gone , agree with UK on that one BUT I reckon the only way Mestrov would have taken the job was with a fair bit of autonomy to do things his way.

That’s what we are seeing right now , there’s no way he’s just Penn’s “ lapdog “.
After meeting Tony last night and hearing how he spoke about the direction he wants to take the club and the influence he personally is looking to have when it comes to local player pathways, recruitment and retention and notably the distain he had for the leaks that had come out of the club and the assurance he gave that those would be stamped out, I can guarantee he isn't just a 'Yes' man.

He is making decisions that others were afraid or unwilling to make.

After meeting Tony last night and hearing how he spoke about the direction he wants to take the club and the influence he personally is looking to have when it comes to local player pathways, recruitment and retention and notably the distain he had for the leaks that had come out of the club and the assurance he gave that those would be stamped out, I can guarantee he isn't just a 'Yes' man.

He is making decisions that others were afraid or unwilling to make.
That’s very very clear in his actions.

I hate to rain on your parade Jerry but Siebold never won the spoon, he left long before that was achieved
Maybe but from Wiki here what it says: Under Seibold, 2020 was the worst year in Brisbane's history with only 3 wins from 20 matches and a points differential of -356 resulting in the club's first wooden spoon.[14]

Maybe but from Wiki here what it says: Under Seibold, 2020 was the worst year in Brisbane's history with only 3 wins from 20 matches and a points differential of -356 resulting in the club's first wooden spoon.[14]
While I agree with you about it being their worst season mate, the reason for the downward spiral was the white anting being orchestrated by the bloc of former players in support of Kevvie Walters, the team was divided too because of it as well as the social media campaign that must have driven him to the point of breaking, it was disgraceful and he had no choice but to walk away, there's been a lot of people on this site that have misrepresented Siebolds history because it suits their narrow agenda. I'm of the mind that he's the Manly coach going forward and as such I'll support him. Don't forget that the year prior to his leaving Brisbane he took them to the eight and the season prior to that he took the bunnies from 12th the year before to the top four collecting the coach of the year award. Imo there's a lot to like about our build up to 2023 and instead of everyone looking for a reason to bag the coach, it's time to get behind the team and look ahead to an improved effort, I'm actually excited about the dawn of a new era

While I agree with you about it being their worst season mate, the reason for the downward spiral was the white anting being orchestrated by the bloc of former players in support of Kevvie Walters, the team was divided too because of it as well as the social media campaign that must have driven him to the point of breaking, it was disgraceful and he had no choice but to walk away, there's been a lot of people on this site that have misrepresented Siebolds history because it suits their narrow agenda. I'm of the mind that he's the Manly coach going forward and as such I'll support him. Don't forget that the year prior to his leaving Brisbane he took them to the eight and the season prior to that he took the bunnies from 12th the year before to the top four collecting the coach of the year award. Imo there's a lot to like about our build up to 2023 and instead of everyone looking for a reason to bag the coach, it's time to get behind the team and look ahead to an improved effort, I'm actually excited about the dawn of a new era
I have the same opinion of him that I had of Barrett. I doubt that it will work but I'll wave my flag for a season or two. If it works out I'll be well happy. If it doesn't then I'll give it to him on here. I'd be happier with the Flan running the show much more than Siebold but there ya go we get what we're given.

I have the same opinion of him that I had of Barrett. I doubt that it will work but I'll wave my flag for a season or two. If it works out I'll be well happy. If it doesn't then I'll give it to him on here. I'd be happier with the Flan running the show much more than Siebold but there ya go we get what we're given.
Yeah it's definitely a wait and see mate but I won't be surprised if we see a marked improvement with improved fitness and discipline, we couldn't continue on the way we were, every week was like a recurring nightmare

Yeah it's definitely a wait and see mate but I won't be surprised if we see a marked improvement with improved fitness and discipline, we couldn't continue on the way we were, every week was like a recurring nightmare
Announcing Bill Murray GIF

12 days to pre-season's first day... still no word from the club. At this point in time, Hales is the only one left

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7