National Rugby League SHAME

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What about when Glenn Stewart wanted to stay at Manly in 2014 for unders and Greenberg wouldn't allow it. Talk about trying to inflate player payments himself.

Greenberg is gone. Everyone knows it. His tenure at the NRL will end in disgrace.
Wasnt that Gallop....not that Im sticking up for Greenberg, He surely will get the arse now

The NRL has to go and be replaced with a model that the clubs are more a part of. Take the short term pain to end up with something that supports RL from the ground up...instead of a gravy train for bureaucrats with personal/ financial agendas.
Simply run by RL not TV.

The NRL has to go and be replaced with a model that the clubs are more a part of. Take the short term pain to end up with something that supports RL from the ground up...instead of a gravy train for bureaucrats with personal/ financial agendas.

Happy for the entire NRL to go .... but I would keep V'Landy as an Executive Chairman ... the bloke seems a capable administrator with no bullshiite in him ....

However, as any external rescue package ... Gov't or private .... will undoubtably come through the NRL offices ... I think we can assume the NRL is here to stay .... but I think under V'Landy it will take on a whole new shape and agenda ....

I know we're making 'some' jokes about it but the failure to pay into the retirement fund for two years is a very big deal.

I'm not sure if it is a like comparison but if an employer / business was found not to have been paying into their employees super funds... there would be big problems.

Spending 500k a day, but let's not use a small number.... it's approx 182 million a year for essentially a globally small competition is ludicrous as it stands, but to not pay into that retirement fund because they 'needed the money for other operating expenses is a disgrace.

The trouble seems to be (and a lot of pollies go the same way), the 1 billion plus dollars were seen by the nrl admin as 'free money' that should all be spent before the next big chunk comes in.

And if it goes pear shaped, well why would Todd care, hasn't he been getting 1,5 mill for the last few years, and I bet not much of that flows out as the nrl probably pay for everything.

Yet the afl - players agree to a 50% cut and somehow there's a 500 mill approved loan to get them through the tough times. Where's all this regarding the nrl?

There has been some pocket lining and pork barreling of a large scale, and the players and fans at the moment are the poorer for it.

It's disgraceful, probably borderline illegal, and the ceo should be punted.

But ... who is thinking of all the poor players agents that will probably have to refund some of their percentage already paid .... good luck to the players getting a refund from some of those characters .....

The RLPA's 10 commandments
  1. Provide transparency in relation to NRL revenues, including what the NRL will retain after distributions to clubs and players and what those funds are proposed to be used for.
  2. The right to conduct a special purpose audit of the NRL's finances.
  3. Guarantees that the retirement account (for 2018 and 2019) will be paid in full.
  4. Players will receive a minimum of 29.5 per cent of any additional revenues received by the NRL.
  5. Future years of all current player contracts are guaranteed.
  6. That any revisions to the salary cap and player payments and benefits for 2021 or beyond must be agreed with the RLPA.
  7. That players' private health insurance cover will continue to be paid for by clubs as well as any gap payment.
  8. That representative payments will be agreed between NRL and RLPA (if any representative matches are played in 2020).
  9. That the RLPA will have direct inclusion in discussions with broadcasters regarding future competition schedule and structure.
  10. That the RLPA will have direct inclusion in discussions around possible alternative revenue streams for the game that can be explored in the immediate and short term (eg banks, broadcasters, government, campaigns etc).
It's expected the RLPA, in the next 48 hours, will sign off on the $24.6 million proposal that will see players take close to a 75 per cent pay cut over the next seven months. The players have already been paid five months in full.

It's almost double what was on offer last week, when the Herald revealed there was only $12.4 million for the players to share over the next seven months.

You just had to click the link ya boomer! lol. (The heading was also a hyperlink)

Also, moving on quickly, some of those 10 requests.... I bet a lot of the players wouldn't want the same level of transparency on all their "money in" as they are now demanding. cough cough

PS - I mentioned something similar about the player agents a week or so ago. I agree!

You just had to click the link ya boomer! lol. (The heading was also a hyperlink)

Also, moving on quickly, some of those 10 requests.... I bet a lot of the players wouldn't want the same level of transparency on all their "money in" as they are now demanding. cough cough

PS - I mentioned something similar about the player agents a week or so ago. I agree!

What's a link?

"It comes amid revelations that the NRL has been spending $181 million annually just putting together the regular season rounds, finals series and State of Origin.
Astonishingly, the whopping $181 million does not include payments to players or clubs."

So if it doesn't go to the clubs or player payments then what are they actually spending $181mill p/year on. Surely that figure can't be real?
Does anybody actually know where the $181mill each year gets spent?

"It comes amid revelations that the NRL has been spending $181 million annually just putting together the regular season rounds, finals series and State of Origin.
Astonishingly, the whopping $181 million does not include payments to players or clubs."

So if it doesn't go to the clubs or player payments then what are they actually spending $181mill p/year on. Surely that figure can't be real?

The NRL will say that the money goes to the NSW, QLD and Country leagues ... grass roots, the womens league, the bunker, the ref's , marketing, diamond rings etc .... there is no doubt the NRL has a large footprint .... but it is also very clear that they have built an unsustainable empire, with ego's and costs widely out of control .... their IT and media dept is apparently a bottomless pit of millions .... plus a staff of hundreds that do what .. I don't know .....

I know we're making 'some' jokes about it but the failure to pay into the retirement fund for two years is a very big deal.

I'm not sure if it is a like comparison but if an employer / business was found not to have been paying into their employees super funds... there would be big problems.

Spending 500k a day, but let's not use a small number.... it's approx 182 million a year for essentially a globally small competition is ludicrous as it stands, but to not pay into that retirement fund because they 'needed the money for other operating expenses is a disgrace.

The trouble seems to be (and a lot of pollies go the same way), the 1 billion plus dollars were seen by the nrl admin as 'free money' that should all be spent before the next big chunk comes in.

And if it goes pear shaped, well why would Todd care, hasn't he been getting 1,5 mill for the last few years, and I bet not much of that flows out as the nrl probably pay for everything.

Yet the afl - players agree to a 50% cut and somehow there's a 500 mill approved loan to get them through the tough times. Where's all this regarding the nrl?

There has been some pocket lining and pork barreling of a large scale, and the players and fans at the moment are the poorer for it.

It's disgraceful, probably borderline illegal, and the ceo should be punted.

Nailed it, and I think Toddy’s “ taking unpaid leave” is really “ **** off you useless prick and don’t ever show your face in the door again”.

Think about it , $500k a day .......yes a day!!

Bloated wages, bloated conditions , bloated fat cats living a largesse lifestyle.

Manly fans have been anti the Greenturd for years but really now the real truth is finally coming out.

I'm just impressed with the way they keep finding money......look there in the gutter, someones dropped 40 mill....
"The NRL has agreed to hand out $40 million in emergency funding to its 16 clubs to survive the coronavirus crisis.
In a phone hook-up among chief executives and club chairs, ARL Commission boss Peter V’landys announced each club would receive a payment of $2.5 million.

This funding is separate to player payments and will help most clubs survive until the resumption of the competition."

Think about it , $500k a day .......yes a day!!

Bloated wages, bloated conditions , bloated fat cats living a largesse lifestyle.

Manly fans have been anti the Greenturd for years but really now the real truth is finally coming out.

Unbelievable. And that also includes the off season!!

No wonder the 1st item on the RLPA demand list is
The RLPA's 10 commandments
  1. Provide transparency in relation to NRL revenues, including what the NRL will retain after distributions to clubs and players and what those funds are proposed to be used for.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8