National Rugby League SHAME

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know of family friends, which find it difficult to support their team every week because they just can't afford to attend the footy every week with four kids. The wife is a stay home Mum and he is the only bread winner in the household. Paying a mortgage, they struggle to find an extra $100- $150 a week to watch a live footy game every week, however, they all follow the NRL passionately. Also, some pensioners one would think may also struggle to pay these inflated prices, when costs could have been immediately cut by 70% years ago (that is some cut).

You start to wonder how V'landys can reduce costs by 70% all of a sudden (effective/immediately), when this could have been achieved much earlier. The savings, could have allowed more supporters struggling with ticket prices, ensuring they too, could attend games and follow their teams. Just goes to show the NRL never really gave two hoots about supporters, players and clubs.

I take your point about the cost of taking kids to the footy from personal experience .... but in a rare display of fairness to the NRL .... doom on GreenTurd .... I must point out that the ticket sales and concession food costs are up to the clubs ...

Hold your tickets peoples .... the title for the worlds worst sporting CEO is not yet settled ..... Rugby Chief Rae Rae has thrown down the guantlet to GreenTurd by revealing this absolute stunner ...

She is unable to present the Rugby Players Assoc with any financials or fiqures .. because of the Cor-19 virus ...... hahahahahahahha ....

Hold your tickets peoples .... the title for the worlds worst sporting CEO is not yet settled ..... Rugby Chief Rae Rae has thrown down the guantlet to GreenTurd by revealing this absolute stunner ...

She is unable to present the Rugby Players Assoc with any financials or fiqures .. because of the Cor-19 virus ...... hahahahahahahha ....

I think I kinda believe the books are 'not well'

I take your point about the cost of taking kids to the footy from personal experience .... but in a rare display of fairness to the NRL .... doom on GreenTurd .... I must point out that the ticket sales and concession food costs are up to the clubs ...

Hi Woodsie,

You are spot on, and take your point 100%. However, if the NRL did not spend the huge amounts of money they apparently did on running the game, and instead gave out more assistance to the licence holders (clubs), they may not require to charge such exorbitant costs to watch a live NRL game.

They complain that many games over the last two years, have half full stadiums. Well instead of spending $3.5 mill a week on who knows what (as they can magically cut 57% of those costs immediately now) why can't they give say $50k a week to each club to promote the game via ticket sales. For example one week kids under 16 have free entry, then following week pensioners get free entry, and so on.

I understand that ticket sales and food costs are up to the clubs, but as we know, what has the NRL done to alleviate clubs survival? If the NRL were fair dinkum in promoting the game and trying to fill the stadiums (by giving something back to fans), a promotion of some type to assist clubs, and fans alike, would be much more advantageous, and one would think it better serves the game than running a $181 mil bill a year on baloney.

How is it that 2 codes could find them selves with the two worst administrators in history at the same time .Geenburg and Sharon Streslecki ,,,sorry I mean Ralene Castle .
Both have been shown to have taken incompetence to unheard of levels and trust to unheralded lows and their respective games to the absolute precipice of destruction

I don't follow Rugby and I could careless what happens to it but if there has been a wrong rein to be pulled Raylene has pulled it and then pulled it again just to be sure she f*&5 it up .
With a bungled media deal which has led to no media deal ,no players trust/faith ,no money and pretty much no hope she is corporate toast and so is that game in its current format.

Which brings us to old mate Grennburg.What can you say that hasn't already been said about the now shown to be hapless and deliberately duplicitous Greenburg. Lets walk down memory lane and revisit the low lights of this total nob

What we did know before was ...

-he thought he was the emperor of the NRL
-he toadied to the rich and powerful in clubland
-he relentlessly persecuted clubs he deemed excess to capacity like Manly with trumped up salary Cap charges yet let totally corrupt organisations and the mangers that infested them like Parramatta ,Roosters,Bronco's effectively off the hook
- he learned to look previously outcast players in the eye and magically determine if they were ready to play NRL. Only of course on the proviso that the player was put up by the Bronco's Roosters ,Storm or maybe Souffs.i.e Lodge and Jamel Hopate who couldn't possibly play for Manly but ....abracadabra!!!!.... he can play for the Bronco's no problem ,,,,,where do I sign ,,,,,press hard Sir the 3rd copy is yours!!! .Not to mention Todd Carney who did nothing more than a photographic trick and was never allowed to play again yet Lodge who could have actually killed people is allowed to play ...WTF Greenburg explain that !!!!
-he totally ignored the grass roots ,in fact not just ignored them he rubbed in their faces his" I could care less about you" with the largess doled out to the like s of Smith !!! and his wife and the many "testimonials" to someone who 90% of the RL fans despise .How disconnected form reality do you have to be to do that
-he persisted in trying to close down local grounds in favor of cavernous empty stadiums.Is this a throwback to the time he used to work for one of those stadiums with an orange vest a belt full of keys , a head full of the his own importance and the ability to drive around in a golf cart and tell people what to do? .Somehow with those qualifications he found himself running the dogs and look how that turned out .Go figure
-He has corrupted the Salary cap and the the TPA system to the point it was unworkable ,a joke and an unprincipled mess and thanks in part to Corona will now have to be re worked for the games own benefit .Luckily for the NRL Vlandys is there and I think its clear he knows that Greenburg is the architect of the hot mess he finds himself in
-he has championed the 2 reff rule which effectively just multiply s the potential for f&%$ ups and haven't we seen plenty of those .Watch the ESL I can tell you its much better to watch,who ever runs the refs in the UK get them out here to re work the system when Greenburg and his coterie of conspirators are finally laid to rest.
-the bunker has become another expensive flop littered with a history of mind boggling stuff ups and ineptitude -Get rid of it !
-he has lavished gifts on those whose favors he covets , like Smith (FFS !!) and his wife and ofcourse himself with "study trips" and trips to the Superbowl and Limos and expensive restaurants and hotels ,all to what end .The whole thing has a ring of the Bernie Madoffs about it i.e a giant ponzi scheme where Peter is borrowing from Paul to pay Mary and on it goes.

Which brings us to what we now know

-Greenbergs much heralded "profit" of 30 Mill which he credited to his discredited "no fault stand down rule " is a total sham ,a lie ,a ruse ,a falsehood a ,a fabrication and a perversion of the facts
-by all reports he has effectively robbed the payers of 10M per year( I think) ,in super over the last 2 years .George Columbaris had to sell all his businesses and houses etc to pay employee entitlements ,so what will you do Greenberg ?
-and on the basis of the sham 30M profit which we know wasn't really 30 M (see above),did Greenburg and all the other lackey's collect their bonuses ?
Because if they did ,that is STEALING at worst and willful misrepresentation at best, I would think this is one of the pot-puree of reasons why Vlandys has stood this reprobate down.
-he has sent the NRL pretty much broke with a bloated office and no doubt an army of hangers on and yes men to fluff the emperors pillows ,and who knows what else
-as a previous excellent post on this charlatan said " the ARL had a 20 team competition in 1994, a broadcast deal worth just $8 million a year, and yet had $20 million in the bank".
-and yet Greenburg with billions in TV deals has come up with falsified accounts , a shortfall in player super payments ,nothing in the bank ,unhappy fans ,a corrupted salary cap system, a messy and over officiated game, a useless bunker ,a fleet of white elephant stadia and a cost structure more appropriate to running a small country.!!

So now Corona virus has helped pull the shades back and let the sun shine in on the NRLs dark and shady "accounting practices" and Greenberg's tenure as the most polarizing ,financially frivolous , deceitful , and now infamous,, cough cough " Leader" .

When you consider all of the above one could reasonably surmise that he has unwittingly been digging this huge hole for himself over the last 7 years and now finally,,,,finally after all these years and all the felonious decisions and scandals it appears that it is starting to collapse on him and that thankfully will rid the game of its most poisonous protagonist.
He is finally reaping what he has sown .He will be lucky to get a job at his daughters tuck shop

To borrow from old Gough Whitlam...

May god save the NRL because nothing will save Todd Greenburg (we hope)

I’m hating not having a game to watch , I’m hating the thought that my club could struggle.

BUT

I’m loving that this prick is under so much pressure!!

**** OFF NOW YOU BALDY HEADED TWAT!!!
I can picture him trying to sell me a car. They are nothing more than salesmen.I don’t like Peter V’landys either. Any one connected with horse racing can’t be good for the game. Typical gambler.The rugby league has been a mess for years. The mafia could do a better job.They gave birth to themselves.

How is it that 2 codes could find them selves with the two worst administrators in history at the same time .Geenburg and Sharon Streslecki ,,,sorry I mean Ralene Castle .
Both have been shown to have taken incompetence to unheard of levels and trust to unheralded lows and their respective games to the absolute precipice of destruction

I don't follow Rugby and I could careless what happens to it but if there has been a wrong rein to be pulled Raylene has pulled it and then pulled it again just to be sure she f*&5 it up .
With a bungled media deal which has led to no media deal ,no players trust/faith ,no money and pretty much no hope she is corporate toast and so is that game in its current format.

Which brings us to old mate Grennburg.What can you say that hasn't already been said about the now shown to be hapless and deliberately duplicitous Greenburg. Lets walk down memory lane and revisit the low lights of this total nob

-he relentlessly persecuted clubs he deemed excess to capacity like Manly with trumped up salary Cap charges yet let totally corrupt organisations and the mangers that infested them like Parramatta ,Roosters,Bronco's effectively off the hook
- he learned to look previously outcast players in the eye and magically determine if they were ready to play NRL. Only of course on the proviso that the player was put up by the Bronco's Roosters ,Storm or maybe Souffs.i.e Lodge and Jamel Hopate who couldn't possibly play for Manly but ....abracadabra!!!!.... he can play for the Bronco's no problem ,,,,,where do I sign ,,,,,press hard Sir the 3rd copy is yours!!! .Not to mention Todd Carney who did nothing more than a photographic trick and was never allowed to play again yet Lodge who could have actually killed people is allowed to play ...WTF Greenburg explain that !!!!
-he totally ignored the grass roots ,in fact not just ignored them he rubbed in their faces his" I could care less about you" with the largess doled out to the like s of Smith !!! and his wife and the many "testimonials" to someone who 90% of the RL fans despise .How disconnected form reality do you have to be to do that
-he persisted in trying to close down local grounds in favor of cavernous empty stadiums.Is this a throwback to the time he used to work for one of those stadiums with an orange vest a belt full of keys , a head full of the his own importance and the ability to drive around in a golf cart and tell people what to do? .Somehow with those qualifications he found himself running the dogs and look how that turned out .Go figure
-He has corrupted the Salary cap and the the TPA system to the point it was unworkable ,a joke and an unprincipled mess and thanks in part to Corona will now have to be re worked for the games own benefit .Luckily for the NRL Vlandys is there and I think its clear he knows that Greenburg is the architect of the hot mess he finds himself in
-he has championed the 2 reff rule which effectively just multiply s the potential for f&%$ ups and haven't we seen plenty of those .Watch the ESL I can tell you its much better to watch,who ever runs the refs in the UK get them out here to re work the system when Greenburg and his coterie of conspirators are finally laid to rest.
-the bunker has become another expensive flop littered with a history of mind boggling stuff ups and ineptitude -Get rid of it !
-he has lavished gifts on those whose favors he covets , like Smith (FFS !!) and his wife and ofcourse himself with "study trips" and trips to the Superbowl and Limos and expensive restaurants and hotels ,all to what end .The whole thing has a ring of the Bernie Madoffs about it i.e a giant ponzi scheme where Peter is borrowing from Paul to pay Mary and on it goes.

-Greenbergs much heralded "profit" of 30 Mill which he credited to his discredited "no fault stand down rule " is a total sham ,a lie ,a ruse ,a falsehood a ,a fabrication and a perversion of the facts
-by all reports he has effectively robbed the payers of 10M per year( I think) ,in super over the last 2 years .George Columbaris had to sell all his businesses and houses etc to pay employee entitlements ,so what will you do Greenberg ?
-and on the basis of the sham 30M profit which we know wasn't really 30 M (see above),did Greenburg and all the other lackey's collect their bonuses ?
Because if they did ,that is STEALING at worst and willful misrepresentation at best, I would think this is one of the pot-puree of reasons why Vlandys has stood this reprobate down.
-he has sent the NRL pretty much broke with a bloated office and no doubt an army of hangers on and yes men to fluff the emperors pillows ,and who knows what else
-as a previous excellent post on this charlatan said " the ARL had a 20 team competition in 1994, a broadcast deal worth just $8 million a year, and yet had $20 million in the bank".
-and yet Greenburg with billions in TV deals has come up with falsified accounts , a shortfall in player super payments ,nothing in the bank ,unhappy fans ,a corrupted salary cap system, a messy and over officiated game, a useless bunker ,a fleet of white elephant stadia and a cost structure more appropriate to running a small country.!!

So now Corona virus has helped pull the shades back and let the sun shine in on the NRLs dark and shady "accounting practices" and Greenberg's tenure as the most polarizing ,financially frivolous , deceitful , and now infamous,, cough cough " Leader" .

When you consider all of the above one could reasonably surmise that he has unwittingly been digging this huge hole for himself over the last 7 years and now finally,,,,finally after all these years and all the felonious decisions and scandals it appears that it is starting to collapse on him and that thankfully will rid the game of its most poisonous protagonist.
He is finally reaping what he has sown .He will be lucky to get a job at his daughters tuck shop

both Greenburg and Raelene Castle should be arrested. Greenburg is just plain arrogant and dishonest however he does have some capability.

The ARU are paying Raelene 815k per year and she gave herself a 50% pay cut. Seriously. WTF. No organisation in their right mind would hire her on 60k a year. She is so so incompetent it just beggars belief. Her management of the media deal was just amazing to watch. You couldn't make up how poorly she handled it.

The players are angry and they're pointing the finger directly at Todd Greenberg for mismanaging the NRL's finances according to 9News reporter Danny Weidler.

Speaking on Sky Sports Radio's Big Sports Breakfast this morning, Weidler stopped short of claiming that the players wanted Greenberg's head but claimed "a lot of players in the game are very unhappy with what he has done".

"Since late last week I have had players on the phone to me and we are trying to play happy families, but the honest situation is the players are definitely unhappy with what is going on," Weidler said.

"Firstly with the way everything has been mismanaged by the NRL. They just cannot believe how badly it has been done.

"They now want transparency. They want to see the books and audits. But they are just dirty.

"They are dirty on the management of the game and most of their anger rightly or wrongly is being directed at Todd Greenberg.

"It is probably too far to say the players want him gone, but there are a lot of players within the game that are very unhappy with what he has done."

It's somewhat ironic that Greenberg appeared to be headed for the axe in the days before COVID-19 took its grip on Australia, with the pandemic seemingly giving the NRL chief executive a stay of execution.

At that time the biggest story in the game was the ARL Commission's review of Greenberg's performance, with his contract due to expire at the end of the season.

In one 9News interview with Danny Weidler, the Commission's chairman Peter V'landys made the remarkable admission that there was sentiment from within the game that Greenberg was "arrogant".

According to some reports, that statement, combined with moves behind the scenes, indicated that Greenberg was on the outer and was unlikely to see out the season.

However, the NRL's fight to keep the competition rolling through the coronavirus crisis put Greenberg's future down the list of priorities. The perilous financial position the subsequent suspension of the season put the NRL in then made it impossible for the Commission to justify Greenberg's sacking.

The optics of a large payout in this time of austerity would be impossible to sell to the players or the public.

When asked whether Greenberg's job was safe following the NRL's decision to suspend the competition, V'landys said: "Absolutely. Todd's done a great job in very hard times, as has all the executive team here.

"They've done countless hours and I can't thank them enough for all their efforts, because we've got a hard road ahead and we're going to need everyone at the wheel."

Greenberg will reportedly take leave without pay as soon as talks with the broadcasters, Nine and Fox Sports, are concluded.

The CEO and the rest of his executive team had already agreed to a 25 per cent pay cut for the rest of the season but Greenberg has agreed to take the extra step of leave without pay while head office is shut during the competition's suspension.

However, the pay cuts taken by the rest of the executive team leave them better off than the players, who will lose 46 per cent of their income if the game does not return in 2020.

That point has clearly caused tension between the NRL and the Rugby League Players' Association, with RLPA CEO Clint Newton hinting as much in an interview with The Sydney Morning Herald.

"That's a question for [chairman] Peter [V'landys] and the [ARL] Commission around whether they think it's fair,'' Newton said.

"At the moment, our main priority is to secure a deal that protects the players' immediate future based on what's available, and that's what we're trying to do now.''

Newton and the NRL are meeting again today after players representatives were given an opportunity to revise the payment plan, which sees players receiving two months out of their next seven months worth of salary, yesterday afternoon.

"Two months [of pay] have been secured, and how they want to divvy that up will be determined by the individuals,'' Newton said.

"Some might want to spread it out, some might want two months upfront and do their best from there, or take one month and separate the remaining month's pay.

"There is also the ability to withdraw funds that are connected to each individual's retirement accounts. That's also part of the detail we'll work through with the NRL around the guarantees of that money being available if or when the players want it.''

Happy families are what the nrl is selling at the moment,trouble is it’s the players that get knocked around every week and put their own bodies on the line through injuries week in and week out that have to suffer to keep these other clowns in a job.If the league survives this then someone needs to get rid of the whole tribe that has been so called running the NRL. This code has been the laughing stock in the sporting industry for a long long time Especially in OZ.This really does not surprise me one bit.My old man told me that the Nrl in this country was coming to a head regardless of the reason Before he passed.Their tails are well and truly in between their legs now.Way too much pride in the code and not enough brains and money to go round.Even the fox footy shows are a disgrace with total asses at the helm that sit back like really big men that might as well be judjes on the voice.They are all talk and would not know the difference between sh...t and clay.

Best post I've read... and I've read all of my posts.
I hope you can send this on to some media outlets who love plagiarising such meaty material and then publish it under their own byline.

Best post I've read... and I've read all of my posts.
I hope you can send this on to some media outlets who love plagiarising such meaty material and then publish it under their own byline.
Unfortunately it may have to be watered down somewhat, but thanks for your thoughts, I have written similar things before but what has been recently exposed is just confirmation of what we have always suspected that this bloke was just another pig at the trough with a maniacal hatred of Manly who consistently confused his ambitions with his very limited abilities
Sack Greenburg Now!!!

It’s all about money now!
You used to be able to go down to the park and watch 3 games of footy. Now you are lucky to get one or 2 games during daylight hours on the weekend.
you could get a pie, chips and a drink at a reasonable price....now you have to get your food at maccas across the road. At least their hot food is hot and their cold drinks are cold!!
and what about the jersey ..... it was a uniform - it was the same colours and hoops year after year - why do they need to change it year on year - can only be for money!
Well if this COVID-19 buggers the game up then it will probably be for the better in my opinion
It was better when it was just a game played on the weekend.

Unfortunately it may have to be watered down somewhat, but thanks for your thoughts, I have written similar things before but what has been recently exposed is just confirmation of what we have always suspected that this bloke was just another pig at the trough with a maniacal hatred of Manly who consistently confused his ambitions with his very limited abilities
Sack Greenburg Now!!!

Yes you’d have to in fact make each of those factual and not an opinion BUT personally I LOVED IT!’

What I want to know is just how desperate the ARU was in hiring Morticia in the first place after the complete mess she left the Dogs in.

And what she has done to union is even worse than the state she left the Dogs in. The woman is a completely incompetent administrator. She's not even fit to run the canteen at the local footy club on Sunday mornings.

And as we've been saying for years and we're now finally being vindicated ... the same goes for Greenturd.

well well well. on fox sports today. the bookcase just happened to catch my eye in the now standard covid 19 cross via skype.

at least we can see what the new boss has added some of his own folders to green turds office collection.

nrl funny.jpg

nrl funny 2.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8