National anthem hoo-ha

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If they got that far in the video, I'm guessing Rex, BE et al are squirming in their cognitive dissonance right now.

I don't know how often the asylum allow Rex to access the computer room but in Budgie's defence I can tell you from first hand observation that racism is alive and well in the South.

There are racist police officers, there are racist officials and there are racist people but the notion of institutional racism being riff is well and truly out dated.

Jon Stewart put it best

This is not a left or right issue.

It is pretty clear that there is an inherit bias against people of certain skin colours in America (same as here). I find it difficult to see as I am a white middle aged male which does not make it non-existent.

This is not me calling anyone racist rather, as white males (I am making an assumption here) we are not exposed to racism on a daily basis

For what it is worth maybe this is worth reading

http://blacklivesmatter.com/11-major-misconceptions-about-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

As for Colin K the irony I find is that in the land of the free someone can be criticised for exercising their freedoms and protesting against what they see as being unjust. Is it free speech for some?

Jon Stewart put it best

This is not a left or right issue.

It is pretty clear that there is an inherit bias against people of certain skin colours in America (same as here). I find it difficult to see as I am a white middle aged male which does not make it non-existent.

This is not me calling anyone racist rather, as white males (I am making an assumption here) we are not exposed to racism on a daily basis

For what it is worth maybe this is worth reading

http://blacklivesmatter.com/11-major-misconceptions-about-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

As for Colin K the irony I find is that in the land of the free someone can be criticised for exercising their freedoms and protesting against what they see as being unjust. Is it free speech for some?
I've seen a lot of serving soldiers saying that they don't agree with col k they will fight for his right to do it.

A few people claiming not be racist in these posts makes me wonder.
I am at times racist. I don't like it and I try to correct myself and make an active effort to call others out if I notice it. I don't think it's right but I also know that it exists in our society.
It has been proven in repeatable trials that those who think they are biased are on average less biased then those who think they are not biased.

Also here is the best article I have read on the current race situation.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...olicing-is-real-and-fixable?collection=168433

A few people claiming not be racist in these posts makes me wonder.
I am at times racist. I don't like it and I try to correct myself and make an active effort to call others out if I notice it. I don't think it's right but I also know that it exists in our society.
It has been proven in repeatable trials that those who think they are biased are on average less biased then those who think they are not biased.

Also here is the best article I have read on the current race situation.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...olicing-is-real-and-fixable?collection=168433
Absolutely. I once saw an interview with Maya Angelou where she talked about how people let racism go, so as not to rock the boat. In her beautiful, fierce way she said we must never do this. She said every time we do, we are partially responsible for it continuing. We must simply say 'stop'.
And I'm absolutely with you on people denying they're racist. I am very much aware of negative race based thoughts that enter my head when someone cuts in line, or drives badly, or whatever. The awareness helps because you can call yourself out on it. And I do.

Some people might take the view that refusing to stand for the national anthem is in fact disrespecting the country that gives someone the freedom to protest in the first place, whilst conveying the view that the police force is rife with systemic racism, which some people might not agree is the case. But your point is valid - in a free country, people can protest as they see fit, just as people can disagree with how they have chosen to protest. As for Jon Stewart, I am fairly sure he has never been accused of being an impartial observer of american political and social life.

But that is the point? If you have freedom then you have freedom (much like flag burning)

Take an example closer to home.

Pauline Hanson and her parties approach to life embarrasses me. Their senate speeches were, for me, some of the most misguided excuses for speaches I have ever seen or heard.

My problem is that they were elected by the people so, as insulting as it is, if you believe in the democratic process then they have their right to represent the people that elected them (and therefore act in that way)

Although having re-read what you posted I think we think the same on this!

As for Jon Stewart there are plenty of things he can be accused of bias on but the point remains. Non white people experience race related bias on a far greater scale than should be acceptable (which is zero)

I was going to reference flag burning as well. Great minds I guess. Again, this is just my personal opinion, but I find that one of the worst forms of protest there is. It just says I hate my country, which I think is more sad than anything else. Protest away, but do so with the good grace to at least recognise your good fortune to live in a country that cherishes free speech.
I guess it is a symbol for some of their frustration and lack of other options to be heard

I don't know how often the asylum allow Rex to access the computer room but in Budgie's defence I can tell you from first hand observation that racism is alive and well in the South.

There are racist police officers, there are racist officials and there are racist people but the notion of institutional racism being riff is well and truly out dated.
Yes wrecks is a sad , sorry, delusional extreme left misfit.

Seems it boils down to what is important to you.

The nation - a mental concept
The people - living, breathing souls, just like you. Irrespective of appearances.

If, say, your parents saw you, not in human terms, but in conceptual terms, then you would've been immediately abandoned to die. You would certainly not be cared for. In the world of concepts you are a negative investment, something to be disposed of quickly.

And if you see others in conceptual rather than human terms, in divisions rather than connections, then you have lost contact with your heart. And there is no more unrewarding or painful or fearful place to live than in a heartless world.

How you treat others is how you treat yourself.

Which league player do you think will be the first to copy Col Kaepernick?

This was the first post in the thread. Fairly innoucuous eh?
If Shoe was trying to stimulate discussion about the disrespect shown by NRL players towards our anthem (white, black, brown and brindle) then he got me thinking.

Watch a Rugby game and see ALL of the players sing the national anthem.

Watch an NRL game and see how players many sing? Some sing, some mumble and some keep their mouths tightly closed.

The colour of the player's skin is irrelevant. (skin colour is not an issue in Rugby league - or is it?)

Is it sissy to sing our national anthem? Real men don't sing the national anthem!
I think that it is an embarrassment for our country!

ONLY rugby league and ONLY in Australia.

Last edited:
Don't understand why colour matters don't understand why some people are too sensitive don't understand why people would say stuff just cause you were born a different colour. Don't bother caring for either side as it is just plain stupid, no one should care and caring about it as well as talking about it and giving it attention is the only reason skin colour is a problem.
I was going to reply but I have no idea what you are saying!

If Shoe was trying to stimulate discussion about the disrespect shown by NRL players towards our anthem (white, black, brown and brindle) then he got me thinking.

Watch an NRL game and see how players many sing? Some sing, some mumble and some keep their mouths tightly closed.

The colour of the player's skin is irrelevant.
Is it sissy to sing our national anthem? Real men don't sing the national anthem!

Yeah, sorry. I was wondering more from the bandwagon point of view. Who would be a copycat. I had no real opinion on why the young chap is kneeling.

I was going to reply but I have no idea what you are saying!
Sorry I was gonna reply to that video above about skin colour and just said a random load of ****, thought the thread was about that and I was just like, why is a silvertails post about this? Hahaha my mistake

Good for you. I personally have never had a racist thought, so have never felt the need to self correct. I believe in taking everyone on face value. I must say I dislike lefties though, particularly when they throw around insults like "racist" as a form of self-righteous hate speech. And I think those trials you referred to are biased.
Too.

The colour of the player's skin is irrelevant. (skin colour is not an issue in Rugby league - or is it?)

Yeah you are right Loaded, some don't exactly belt the anthem out but I think in the US they really get into like no other.
And again correct, skin colour doesn't seem to be an issue in league which is one thing we seem to have in our favour.
Yeah there's been some incidents but few.
In my time involved, some 35- 40 years that's a positive of the game I can be happy with.

Good for you. I personally have never had a racist thought, so have never felt the need to self correct. I believe in taking everyone on face value. I must say I dislike lefties though, particularly when they throw around insults like "racist" as a form of self-righteous hate speech. And I think those trials you referred to are biased.
Comedy = New concepts.

I was going to reference flag burning as well. Great minds I guess. Again, this is just my personal opinion, but I find that one of the worst forms of protest there is. It just says I hate my country, which I think is more sad than anything else. Protest away, but do so with the good grace to at least recognise your good fortune to live in a country that cherishes free speech.
Free speech as long as that does not mean flag burning?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6