National anthem hoo-ha

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has anyone ever considered if these blacks hadn't been performing criminal acts then maybe they wouldn't be dead?

Like that kid who sparked the Redfern riots,he was a criminal
You should get a few bites with that question. After all we are in danger of being swamped by Muslims......

You should get a few bites with that question. After all we are in danger of being swamped by Muslims......
Well in my experience the cops don't do **** if you don't break the law

You can't get chased if you don't run away,also why run away if your innocent?

That's my way of staying alive around all cops,it's worked 100% of the time

What's everyone's take on the triple j 'invasion day' debacle?

Well in my experience the cops don't do **** if you don't break the law

You can't get chased if you don't run away,also why run away if your innocent?

That's my way of staying alive around all cops,it's worked 100% of the time

What's everyone's take on the triple j 'invasion day' debacle?
Ever since JJJ turned away from punk, power pop and Australian underground bands I haven't bothered with the lamest 100.

There's no point arguing about any of this because people become entrenched in their own beliefs and most won't be willing to change.

Ah, but the point in arguing is not to change the mind of your opponent, because that rarely occurs.

It is to illuminate the issues, for the benefit of others who may be following the discussion, and who have not yet formed an entrenched belief on the topic.

It is only through hearing different views that new improved views are created! (isn’t it?!)

What harm is he doing?

I actually had a discussion with a mate about this the other day. The harm he is doing (or at least his original protest) was that it drew attention to him. People and the media were discussing whether his protest was disrespectful or not. Nobody was talking about what he was actually protesting. Isn't that the point of a protest? Draw attention to the cause you are advocating for? He didn't do that, he just caused division and made headlines about him.

In my opinion his protest was flawed as it didn't draw attention to his cause. He could have done this in a far better manner, particularly with his profile and position. Something similar to what the Seattle team is doing (linking arms) or what many NBA players are doing through press conferences and charity work.

The harm he did was he made a divisive issue in the US much more divisive by doing something the is routinely considered in the US as un-patriotic. Him sitting during the anthem was also going to create headlines and if he had thought it through he would have realised it would have been for the wrong reasons and that there were many many many more effective ways for him to draw attention to the cause.

Well you are a man who looks for the worst in things aren't you rex.
Making assumptions about people seems to be your right of passage rex.
According to you.
You know nil about me or my background or for that matter what leanings I have rex.
I will give you this much though rex.
I'm actually one of the middle ground of which you speak so I'd be offending myself.
It's just this rex. Most people I know are.
I've met a few extreme right but not many.
But my post that you called a sermon was my observation of the left leaners I've encountered.
Like you. Way more left wing than Tom Mooney.
You haven't changed my opinion.
Have a read of my original post in this thread and see if you can criticise it.
Anyway you can have the last word I'm moving on.
I expect a cheap shot.
Most extremists think they and their friends are middle ground. That's just a fact.

If you love dishing it out - taking your cheap shots at the 50% of readers here who are left of centre - and can't take it when challenged on this - then maybe it's time to just toughen up. Or go back and join your mates on 2GB.

Ah yes, the weapons of the left, like who can scream their morale outrage the loudest and use the most words ending with ' ist ', racist, fascist etc. Or ' phobe', homophobe, xenophobe, etc to make people feel low enough about themselves for merely disagreeing with their morally superior view.
Then the more sinister ones like online campaigns urging people to kill themselves for not being subservient to their peace loving views.
The midnight oil mantra........
" if you disagree, you'll be annihilated ".
You asked me to respond to this posting of yours Harvey. Happy to. Is English your second language because you don't seem to understand what "ist" and "phobe" mean, or the possessive of "Harvey".

1. "ISM" and "IST" mean people who believe in something.

An Islamist believes in Islam. Do they take offence at that label because it ends in "ist"? No. Of course not. They welcome it. There is nothing offensive in "ist".

A racist believes that all people of different races have different characteristics, qualities, etc specific to that race and especially that makes them inferior or superior to other races. If that is what you believe then you are a racist. Own it. If not, then own being non-racist. Pretty simple really. Nothing to squirm about.

2. "Phobe" means having a fear or dislike of something. If you fear or dislike homosexuality, then you are a homophobe. If not, then you aren't. Own who you are.

If you are emotionally reacting to these labels - which clearly you are - then maybe you are in internal conflict about your values and beliefs - and it is you (not those mean lefties) who is the real culprit judging you.

3. The possessive of Harvey (as in John Harvey) is Harvey's, not "Harvies".

Happy to review other postings if you wish.

The classy thing to do would have been to withdraw your slanderous insult and apologise, but I'm not surprised you haven't.
The classy thing, Terry, would be for you to follow your own standards before demanding others do what you are not prepared to do.

While you are drafting that, I'll look forward to you identifying claimed slander in my posting.

Last edited:
I have nothing to apologise for, unless you consider someone having an opinion that differs from yours requiring an apology. You joined this thread halfway through and immediately became personal. Your post included this:
"stop using blacks killing blacks as a distraction tactic to avoid discussing the substance of the racist attitudes entrenched within America and clearly within yourself."
My reading of that is that you are calling me a racist, which I find deeply offensive, and slanderous. Tell me I'm wrong. Or if you prefer, give me one example of where in this entire thread I have said something racist. And I mean things I have actually said, rather than what you have inferred with your superior intellect.
Lol, Terry. Good hissy fit. Seems you love dishing it out and have a glass jaw at the first challenge.

Kaepernick - one man - simply refuses to stand up during the national anthem and you are full-on outraged. Not some mild disagreement. Not I wouldn't do that but respect his right to make his own choices. This is full-on outrage. Like you think the entire structure of modern society is going to crumble because some second-rate NFL player didn't stand up when you think he must. Seriously? Are you OK?

On the other hand when black people are killed - yes killed - by the police you think this is a "minuscule" problem - your words. Where is the outrage? Or is that reserved for if these dead blacks failed to stand up in their coffins for the national anthem?

I can't find a single thing you've written - not one - that empathises with the plight and disadvantage faced by blacks in America. Yet you go to lengths to show your empathy for the police in the context of them killing blacks. Can you see any hint of difference in standards yet?

Your solution is for blacks to take responsibility, to get over their victim mentality, to cut welfare, to stop money flow aimed at fixing the problems, and for those seeking to help them (lefties) to stop doing that. You nominate the black president - and no-one else in authority - as being part of the problem. Apparently the white fellas who hold the real power (republicans) are doing just fine. Putting aside your demands to stop all current attempts to help, you have not nominated a single proactive measure to deal with the problems.

If you want credibility, the starting point is to drop your agendas for a moment and add some balance and thought to your perspectives.

Since you are playing ‘quoties’ (is that how a 10 year old mind would put it?), here a few that are actually correct in data and context.

“There were almost 6,000 blacks killed by other blacks in 2015. By contrast, only 258 blacks were killed by police gunfire that year.”
http://www.dailywire.com/news/7441/7-statistics-you-need-know-about-black-black-crime-aaron-bandler
Comment - Yes, 6000 / 258! That’s a factor of 23 times greater. They are both huge problems but one is miniscule (very small) in relation to the other. Repeat with deliberation, in relation.

If it helps,
Definition of Miniscule
adjective
very small.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/minuscule

Regarding alternate strategies,
“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” - Maimonides
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/maimonides.html
Comment – Goodness, we have known this for a very long time, so why go the other way?

"I’ll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” Lyndon Baines Johnson about the Great Society plan.
http://www.quotes.net/quote/57364
Comment – Ahhh that great LEFT President LBJ let the cat out of the bag didn’t he. There is plenty of data available, to those who really care about fixing these issues that shows that when the money started to be ‘thrown around’ with the Great Society Plan the plight of blacks in the USA started to nosedive. And yes the more they were ‘given’ the more they voted Democrat just as planned!

In the spirit of empathy I’ll assume you didn’t know these things.

AND anyway this is a footy forum so let us get back to that!

BTW Rex, there are plenty of other forums to discuss such matters, I recommend you look them up. However, I do advise that your vitriolic ad hominem diatribes will probably get very short shrift on forums where there are plenty of knowledgeable people regarding the subject matter and therefore not prone to misrepresentations.

and also BTW Rex, I also am not a racist, keep that disgusting filth to yourself!

NO MORE ON THIS SUBJECT FROM ME ON THIS FORUM

Have a great weekend everybody, enjoy the footy.

Last edited:
Some interesting data for the combatants to interpret. Whilst these tragic (and apparently stupid) killings have resulted in many calling the Miami Police Department "racist", the following 2013 demographics should be considered.

Miami (Florida) Police Department.

Hispanic 56%
Black 32%
White 10%

Miami (Dade County) Police Department.

Hispanic 57%
White 22%
Black 20%

Here's the interview I mentioned earlier for anyone prepared to move passed name calling and consider the real issues facing black Americans and how they might be resolved.
Rex - I assume from your logic that this black man must be racist too.

But, but, but ....... he's agenda driven, yeah that's it .....

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6