National anthem hoo-ha

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have the utmost respect for anyones race, colour, creed, or gender. As a matter of fact I abhor a lot of what's going on in the world today.
I'm just a concerned these types of topics might become a little to divisive for a footy forum.
Feathered Friends !

Yes...and to focus on 'proportionality' without looking at the point is inherently incorrect.

Whether it's some colour on some colour crime....when the perpetrators are caught, they are sent to gaol. They are criminals.

when police, who are trained to protect and serve....arbitrarily shoot and kill unarmed people, they are the ones who are supposed to enforce the law without looking at 'race, colour, creed, etc'

And of course this just doesn't relate to the murder of civilians by the police, it's also the harassment and prejudice these civilians face everyday.

However if people can't see the difference between police shootings and criminal shootings except based purely on 'numbers of incidents' then it really is a case of playing chess with a pigeon.

Speaking of rich spoilt athletes, I'm guessing you cheered when the 'young white rapist' got out of gaol after three months then.

Proportion has nothing to do with it. Police are meant to be held to a much higher standard than a criminal....no mater what colour.

To try and get on some perceived 'front foot' by dropping lines such as "lefties, lame stream media, oh we're just racists if we have an opinion" certainly underlines the validity of wishing to have any semblance of a rational discussion.
One could just as easily argue that the right find it just as easy to roll their eyes, say it's because too much money is given to the victims, it's a small problem and any disagreements is just the lefties being lefties.

Oh wait

Last edited:
lol, 'or something like that' - Mark someone is spinning you yarns again!
There is no law against living with someone but there are certainly laws against under age sex and the penalties are extremely high if you are convicted.

No I'm serious, check it out, it was a major story on the news down there, and showed this gray beard mufti type character trotting out with the old wife and the 3 younger ones, and claiming to the reporter that it was "allowed in Victoria because I consider these my wives", and no doubt he was having sex with them all!!

If the yarn was being spun it was the Chan 7 newsroom in Melbourne doing the spinning.

Also, and not that he's the knower of all things but Derryn Hinch mentioned this on his twitter feed as well.

Yes...and to focus on 'proportionality' without looking at the point is inherently incorrect.

Whether it's some colour on some colour crime....when the perpetrators are caught, they are sent to gaol. They are criminals.

when police, who are trained to protect and serve....arbitrarily shoot and kill unarmed people, they are the ones who are supposed to enforce the law without looking at 'race, colour, creed, etc'

And of course this just doesn't relate to the murder of civilians by the police, it's also the harassment and prejudice these civilians face everyday.

However if people can't see the difference between police shootings and criminal shootings except based purely on 'numbers of incidents' then it really is a case of playing chess with a pigeon.

Speaking of rich spoilt athletes, I'm guessing you cheered when the 'young white rapist' got out of gaol after three months then.

Proportion has nothing to do with it. Police are meant to be held to a much higher standard than a criminal....no mater what colour.

To try and get on some perceived 'front foot' by dropping lines such as "lefties, lame stream media, oh we're just racists if we have an opinion" certainly underlines the validity of wishing to have any semblance of a rational discussion.
One could just as easily argue that the right find it just as easy to roll their eyes, say it's because too much money is given to the victims, it's a small problem and any disagreements is just the lefties being lefties.

Oh wait
I don't think the lefties deal with a tactical reversal at all well....

I don't think the lefties deal with a tactical reversal at all well....
They generally abhor examination of their 'facts' as well, so prefer to cut corners by not presenting any.

One wonders if it wasn't for Jarryd Haynes 'NFL dream' if most would even know whom who Colin Kaepernick is :rolleyes:

So for those wondering, here's a photo with his parents

article-2243429-165D22AD000005DC-327_634x603.jpg

from http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/05/article-2243429-165D22AD000005DC-327_634x603.jpg

interesting article as well

At some point the blame game has to stop because it is clearly getting us nowhere, apart from making a few lefties feel good about themselves.
So that means you'll stop blaming "lefties" and black people then? And start taking some personal responsibility?

And stop whinging about being labelled racist when you freely label others leftist? And start taking some personal responsibility?

And stop demanding others show you respect when you fail to show equivalent respect to them?

And stop using blacks killing blacks as a distraction tactic to avoid discussing the substance of the racist attitudes entrenched within America and clearly within yourself.

I think you are missing the point. People are talking about kaperdick disrespecting the police and his own country, and the gullible therefore assume that is where the problem lies. So by talking about kaperdick, we are actually hindering, not helping, any discussion on the real problems and how to solve them.
Terry what is the point of all the people on earth having different flags to " belong too" or a different song to sing along with ( many articles out there about the star spangled banners racist / slave owning roots) other than to divide all the people of the earth?
For the record I don't believe in "races" only the human race. Blacks killing blacks? More geographical than specific.
Not standing for the anthem? Great. Stop the divide and conquer and step onto the 21St century.
Your offended by my thoughts, words or actions? That's your problem not mine. I don't respect what you think I should. So what, it's only what you think.

Dutch ovens is a reasonable substitute... (the hoo haa comes later?)

(my wife has no sense of humor, btw)

Rex, I don't know you obviously, but my reading of what you have just written is that you are calling me a racist. How dare you? I have many friends of different races and cultures. How dare you? I have tried to argue reasonably about real solutions for black disadvantage in the US. I have called racist related deaths abhorrent. i disagree with what kaperdick has done, because I consider it straight out grandstanding that will continue the divide in the US, rather than make black lives better. If Black Lives Matter are so concerned about Black Lives, why are they not devoting their efforts to the root cause of 99 percent of black murders? How dare you?
We agree that the core problem is divisiveness Terry. Your issue is divisiveness against institutions of power. My issue is divisiveness against real live people.

I hear you aren't aware of yourself as being a racist. Most people of prejudice (ie most people) aren't aware of it.

You call Kapernick divisive because he doesn't worship authority and subservient nationalism like you do, and then expresses different opinions to yours. And you lump him and everyone who disagrees with you on this into a single catch-all bucket - "lefties" - which you then proceed to denigrate and blame for all ills. Does it make you feel superior doing that? Is that why you do it? That type of potted thinking is simplistic, lazy, takes no account of differences between individuals and is equivalent in nature to racism.

There is nothing in your postings that give any indication of any empathy at all with people of black skin. A non-racist would not effectively demonise and dismiss a race or group, as you have done. Your list of blamings are:
1 It is the lefties who play the blame game. Never you. You claim all of them have no answers apart from blaming racists. And you have all the answers - which btw sound like the same answers used so "successfully" in the 1950s.
2. You whinged about the money "thrown" at blacks
3. You claimed blacks (implicitly all of them) have a victim mentality. Unlike you. You don't see all of your complaints, and your reaction to being called racist, as coming from a victim mindspace?
4. You claimed blacks (implicitly all of them) do not take responsibility for their situation. I have to wonder if you were born black into a black ghetto, whether you believe you would have taken this "responsibility", and everything would have turned out so spectacularly rosy for you.
5. You totally dismissed any issue with racism in the US Police force. Presumably you think they are doing just fine when they beat and kill blacks. And then are found to have done nothing wrong.
6 You claim to want to talk about the real problems of substance and how to solve them. Yet the only causes you can think of are to blame lefties and blacks for all problems and your solution is to again point the finger of blame at lefties and blacks. Wow.

Now I will await the troll ratings from your racist mate (LGK) and the winner ratings you will inevitably receive from him.

No I'm serious, check it out, it was a major story on the news down there, and showed this gray beard mufti type character trotting out with the old wife and the 3 younger ones, and claiming to the reporter that it was "allowed in Victoria because I consider these my wives", and no doubt he was having sex with them all!!

If the yarn was being spun it was the Chan 7 newsroom in Melbourne doing the spinning.

Also, and not that he's the knower of all things but Derryn Hinch mentioned this on his twitter feed as well.
Ah, you should have said it was on Channel 7, that changes everything!!!

Ah yes, the weapons of the left, like who can scream their morale outrage the loudest and use the most words ending with ' ist ', racist, fascist etc. Or ' phobe', homophobe, xenophobe, etc to make people feel low enough about themselves for merely disagreeing with their morally superior view.
Then the more sinister ones like online campaigns urging people to kill themselves for not being subservient to their peace loving views.
The midnight oil mantra........
" if you disagree, you'll be annihilated ".
Nice sermon Harvey.

Yet it is actually the right - not the left - which is screaming moral outrage here.

All because just one man chose to follow his own conscience instead of mindlessly follow the sheep.

The conservative right as a group is terrified - absolutely terrified - of anyone breaking rank and thinking for themselves.

Nice sermon Harvey.

Yet it is actually the right - not the left - which is screaming moral outrage here.

All because just one man chose to follow his own conscience instead of mindlessly follow the sheep.

The conservative right as a group is terrified - absolutely terrified - of anyone breaking rank and thinking for themselves.
Lol thanks for the attempted lesson Rex.
Read what I said about tactical reversal again.

The lefties and righties are split 50/50 around the centre, yes? And so when you, TerryRandall, and Little Grubber Kick, actively and repeatedly sought to demean all "lefties" in this thread you sought to demean and offend 50% of the Manly supporters reading this forum. Yes?

And that is divisive. Yes?

And your reason for being divisive was to complain about Kaepernick being "divisive". Yes?

Yep. Now THAT is quite a tactical reversal.

Last edited:
The lefties and righties are split 50/50 around the centre, yes? And so when you, TerryRandall, and Little Grubber Kick actively and repeatedly sought to demean all "lefties" in this thread you sought to demean and offend 50% of the Manly supporters reading this forum. Yes?

And that is divisive. Yes?

And the reason for your being divisive was to complain about Kaepernick being "divisive". Yes?

Yep. That is quite a tactical reversal.
Well you are a man who looks for the worst in things aren't you rex.
Making assumptions about people seems to be your right of passage rex.
According to you.
You know nil about me or my background or for that matter what leanings I have rex.
I will give you this much though rex.
I'm actually one of the middle ground of which you speak so I'd be offending myself.
It's just this rex. Most people I know are.
I've met a few extreme right but not many.
But my post that you called a sermon was my observation of the left leaners I've encountered.
Like you. Way more left wing than Tom Mooney.
You haven't changed my opinion.
Have a read of my original post in this thread and see if you can criticise it.
Anyway you can have the last word I'm moving on.
I expect a cheap shot.

Education, tolerance, non-stereotyping of difference and Manly winning more Premierships will make the world a better place.
There's no point arguing about any of this because people become entrenched in their own beliefs and most won't be willing to change.
Being willing to learn the whole picture including different points of view is the only way to move forward.
It starts with the little five year olds I see every day.
On a lighter note I'm also teaching them to be Manly supporters deep in rural bronco land.:giggle:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4