Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
True, but he took lots of tough hit ups, made a try saving tackle in the last minute and knows his role in the moving backline.
We need more than that

If we are to go on another level and compete and beat the benchmarks

Nothing personal against Parker

My focus is how we can improve the team

With the Dogs backs signings. Cotric, Fox, Naden, Burton, DZW, Flanagan and Allen I can't see them being able to afford to resign Hoppa. I would be happy to give him a 2 yr contract on reduced money , say $250 - 300K and let Walker go. Can cover 1 - 5, no baggage, not injury prone and a local junior. Still only 28.
In two yrs time we should have Koula, Fainu, Weekes and Feledy pushing for spots 1 - 6.
Hoppa too slow these days

Speaking of free rides ....

Parker failed to score a try from close range after he was set up by a great pass putting him through an open gap
He failed to make any line breaks
He failed to make any try assists
He failed to make any impression in open play
He failed to make a tackle just before half time which allowed the broncos to score their only try
Parker is out of place and out of pace at NRL level and is a passenger in our team and is enjoying his free ride
I can't disagree with anything you've said and, logically, we should all be calling for Brad to be dropped. He doesn't have the speed or natural ability to be in first grade. Brad gets a lot of support that better players are denied. I can't speak for everyone else but I just like Brad. He tries so hard. He's like the dog with the stumpy legs who trails along behind the rest of the pack but refuses to give up. Unless he starts regularly costing us games I'm happy to see him run out each week. There's a lot of emotion in supporting a team. Maybe more emotion than reason. If it came down to reason alone we'd probably all be Storm supporters.

I can't disagree with anything you've said and, logically, we should all be calling for Brad to be dropped. He doesn't have the speed or natural ability to be in first grade. Brad gets a lot of support that better players are denied. I can't speak for everyone else but I just like Brad. He tries so hard. He's like the dog with the stumpy legs who trails along behind the rest of the pack but refuses to give up. Unless he starts regularly costing us games I'm happy to see him run out each week. There's a lot of emotion in supporting a team. Maybe more emotion than reason. If it came down to reason alone we'd probably all be Storm supporters.
Agree completely. Plus I think there's always much we don't see within a team and I suspect Brad is both popular and inspirational in the way he rises above his talent. Take him out and what does it do to team dynamic/morale?

We all have different standards and expectations

Any player can put in the effort and try hard

But only the competent players convert their hard effort in to tries

Brad is a liability in our back line
When was the last
Try he scored
Try he set up
Line break he made
Defensively he is not the world beater that some perceive him to be

He lacks pace and the skill of decisive footwork to be a threat
He is a one dimensional predictable and pedestrian back.

We are a rebuilding team and I do not see Parker getting past the rebuilding stage

Agree completely. Plus I think there's always much we don't see within a team and I suspect Brad is both popular and inspirational in the way he rises above his talent. Take him out and what does it do to team dynamic/morale?
The new Mediocre Manly Theory ...

Popularity instead of Performance

Let us not focus on how many
Trys you score
Try assist you make
Line breaks you make

As long you are both popular and Inspirational with the players you are in !!!

Sounds a bit like Trent Barrett

When was the last
Try he scored
Try he set up
Line break he made

We are a rebuilding team and I do not see Parker getting past the rebuilding stage
Gees BOZO .... tell us what you really think!
he was part of a team that scored 50!

Gees BOZO .... tell us what you really think!
he was part of a team that scored 50!
Perspective time

Apart from the 6 points he let in

How many points did he contribute to ?
Line breaks
Try assists
Trys ?

Isnt this forum about what we think ?

What are you trying to hide ? ........ The obvious :)

When was the last
Try he scored
Try he set up
Line break he made

Agree he better than Suli who we know is a lazy sod. We finally unearthed very good centre in Harper. Parker tries hard but is limited in ability

Harper has toughened up his game from the end of last season as well , deceptively quick also . Understand his frustration at the start of the season when he was being omitted and he is certainly making every post a winner since he has been given his opportunity for a regular spot . Going real well . Really can not still ignore the quandary and open question with the other centre option though and whether Walker and Suli can or will be able to offer more then Brad . Des feels quite comfortable with Brad there at present and continues to play his role well but just have to see how it pans out in approaching weeks .

Perspective time

Apart from the 6 points he let in

How many points did he contribute to ?
Line breaks
Try assists
Trys ?

Isnt this forum about what we think ?

What are you trying to hide ? ........ The obvious :)
We all have our blind spots BOZO. Some of us forgive Parker fumbling a tackle and letting the Bronco score. Some of us forgive Cherry failing to count numbers when attacking the Bronco's line early in the match and putting in a pointless kick rather than passing the ball for a certain Saab try.

On the subject of your favourite player: I'm sure everyone was much much happier with Cherry's play this week. That's two pin-point kicks for two Saab tries in 3 matches. DCE was much more involved this week and most of his touches were quality. If he keeps playing like that he may yet lead us to a premiership.

Harper should be our first centre picked quite easily right now - Def is massive, smart footy brain, deadly combination with Saab on that right-edge.

He knows when to take the tackle and when not to push the play. He aims up much bigger guys than himself and plays fearlessly. He is so young still, his upside will be significant in coming years if we can hang on to him.

I heard Parker was close buddys with Turbo - if that is true then could Parker be someone on there to simply elevate Turbo's game? Parker's game certainly lifts when Turbo is on the field, without doubt. Whilst Walker or Suli may offer more individually, they strike me as individual performers - from a combination standpoint maybe Parker simply brings more to the table than alternatives do. That's just a thought.

Example would be teamwork cohesion - Tom calls the shots defensively and Parker listens/executes that much better than Suli or Walker would, net result is team is better as a whole.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8