Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've been saying for years I reckon Suli could be a Sivo type winger. Only problem would be his positional play but it really couldn't be any worse then his centre positioning. Id probably lean to Suli forcing his way in through Blacktown.
Walker to 14 is a real option too, spoke to my bro last night and he said the word is that "people in the know" are not sure if Walker is a centre anymore. Could explain why he hasn't played there for so long. Going by this its hard to imagine ge will be re signed as a centre.
With the Dogs backs signings. Cotric, Fox, Naden, Burton, DZW, Flanagan and Allen I can't see them being able to afford to resign Hoppa. I would be happy to give him a 2 yr contract on reduced money , say $250 - 300K and let Walker go. Can cover 1 - 5, no baggage, not injury prone and a local junior. Still only 28.
In two yrs time we should have Koula, Fainu, Weekes and Feledy pushing for spots 1 - 6.

Happy to see Harper getting his chance. Saw the Trial game against the Tigers before Round 1 and thought Harper was excellent and had to be in the team for Round 1 , yet he wasn't sighted off Nobbys for the first few weeks selections.

The guy wants to play footy and you can see it. He has great feet in attack and his subtle changes of direction fool defenders often. He's locked down a spot for a while for me, hoping Des see's in the same way but have a funny feeling he may not.

Anyway, love what this bloke brings to the team

With the Dogs backs signings. Cotric, Fox, Naden, Burton, DZW, Flanagan and Allen I can't see them being able to afford to resign Hoppa. I would be happy to give him a 2 yr contract on reduced money , say $250 - 300K and let Walker go. Can cover 1 - 5, no baggage, not injury prone and a local junior. Still only 28.
In two yrs time we should have Koula, Fainu, Weekes and Feledy pushing for spots 1 - 6.
Was just discussing this exact thing

I think an easy decision coming up for Des when Suli returns. No way in the world you could drop either Harper or Parker. The good possibility for Suli is on the wing replacing Garrick. Big , fast and like Jorge, does not talk much. You don't need your wingers to talk much....just take the hard runs and all the long runs. I reckon Suli could do both and could be a great success there. DCE might have to earn every cent of his pay packet and do the goal kicking.

As for Dylan.....what do you do? Same as above you cant drop anyone. Only possibility would be through Blacktown.
It would be interesting to see how Suli would go on the left wing to replace Garrick, and Walker to come in to the side to replace Parker. I am not completely sold on this, because Suli as a winger would only be an outstanding success, or a complete failure. Nothing in between. Apart from doing the hard runs, kickoff returns, long runs etc he could also be great finisher on the wing, with our great ball players inside. Kicks in behind him would be an issue, and I don't think he's very comfortable under the high ball. In my opinion though, Suli and Walker have much more upside than Garrick and Parker.

Suli for Garrick could work, although for now Garrick is also cover for Turbo. I can imagine Saab becoming a fullback cover, his bomb catching has been good and he's fast enough to cover a lot of ground.

Walker to come back via Cust's no 14 spot? Subject to pizza-gate, of course.
Plenty of cover for Turbo...Garrick, Morgan, Walker... depends on who plays.
The bigger question in my mind is how Suli would handle the bombs?

Suli for Garrick could work, although for now Garrick is also cover for Turbo. I can imagine Saab becoming a fullback cover, his bomb catching has been good and he's fast enough to cover a lot of ground.

Walker to come back via Cust's no 14 spot? Subject to pizza-gate, of course.
I’d be good with Walker at 14. But if a roaming commission sub

I think Harper has been great.
But he and Parker both need lessons in passing the bloody ball to their open wingers... More so Parker last night, but we coulda won by 70 points if they pass the ball on overlaps to unmarked Saab and Garrick instead of dieing with the ball...
Funny, Harper is usually really good at that but I also noticed he bombed a try by not passing to Saab.

lol

I just went looking for this thread... and it'd been bumped 'yo'.

Harper's enthusiasm is awesome.

Loved again seeing his arms raised as Turbo went in to score.

Said some naughty words when Shuster scored.

And.... when ONE drink bottle isn't ENOUGH to quench the happiness...

Screenshot 2021-05-14 12.01.23.png

Suli needs some time back in 2nds when he comes back. He needs to know he has to force his way back in. No free rides.
Speaking of free rides ....

Parker failed to score a try from close range after he was set up by a great pass putting him through an open gap
He failed to make any line breaks
He failed to make any try assists
He failed to make any impression in open play
He failed to make a tackle just before half time which allowed the broncos to score their only try
Parker is out of place and out of pace at NRL level and is a passenger in our team and is enjoying his free ride

Funny, Harper is usually really good at that but I also noticed he bombed a try by not passing to Saab.
Yea, it's hard to be to critical when we won 50-6 but he did bomb that chance..
More so in the middle of the field tho, countless times last night tom goes across, creates the overlap, passes to Harper and he holds the ball stifling the run when Saab was wide open..
Parker had a shocker tho, Garrick touched the ball once last night it seemed . Needed more ball from his centre

Parker failed to score a try from close range after he was set up by a great pass putting him through an open gap
He failed to make a tackle just before half time which allowed the broncos to score their only try
Parker is out of place and out of pace at NRL level and is a passenger in our team and is enjoying his free ride
Did he say something mean to you?
Soft!

True, but he took lots of tough hit ups, made a try saving tackle in the last minute and knows his role in the moving backline.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2