More trouble for Aloiai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He can get 1 week with an early plea or 2 weeks if he challenges and fails.

I would just take the week if I were him.

Also, they players (in every club across the NRL) are coached to come in as a third man and take the legs to (a) stop momentum, but more importantly (b) force the player to get up off the ground to play the ball (resulting in a slow play-the-ball). So there was certainly a purpose to what Aloiai was attempting to do....but the rule states the contact must be above knee height. They are coached to hit just below the hip but Aloiai went too low and thus, caused the injury.

He can get 1 week with an early plea or 2 weeks if he challenges and fails.

I would just take the week if I were him.

Also, they players (in every club across the NRL) are coached to come in as a third man and take the legs to (a) stop momentum, but more importantly (b) force the player to get up off the ground to play the ball (resulting in a slow play-the-ball). So there was certainly a purpose to what Aloiai was attempting to do....but the rule states the contact must be above knee height. They are coached to hit just below the hip but Aloiai went too low and thus, caused the injury.
It sounds like we have no ground to appeal . So it will be another weeks rest for big Al

It sounds like we have no ground to appeal . So it will be another weeks rest for big Al
At a stretch we could attempt the argument that he started high and slipped down, but you can bet the match review committee would simply rule that it's his responsibility not to 'slip down'. Was an injury caused? Yes. So was it dangerous then? Well, yes, I guess it was. It also doesn't help when the very reason the rule exists in the first place is to prevent knee injuries.

PlayerJosh Aloiai
ClubSea Eagles
Minute of match31st
Charge/incidentDangerous contact - Other
Charge grade2
7yrs incident free for discount?No
Base penalty for charge200
Prior similar offences in last 2 years (50% loading)0
Prior non-similar offences in last 2 years (20% loading)0
Carry-over points0
Early plea points150
Guilty at panel points200
Misconduct on whom?Alex Seyfarth

PlayerJosh Aloiai
ClubSea Eagles
Minute of match31st
Charge/incidentDangerous contact - Other
Charge grade2
7yrs incident free for discount?No
Base penalty for charge200
Prior similar offences in last 2 years (50% loading)0
Prior non-similar offences in last 2 years (20% loading)0
Carry-over points0
Early plea points150
Guilty at panel points200
Misconduct on whom?Alex Seyfarth

Didn't Des say he has carry over points? Doesn't look like it on this charge sheet.
1 week is probably fair enough

Take the 1 week prepare josh to rip into the storm.

Ben turbo and sirro / kurt to cover keepie and josh this week.

Cust to cover for walker if ruled out with concussion.

1 week is fair. I’d take the early plea.
Hopefully Walker pulls up ok and Lawton and Sironen are right. 8 day turnaround.

Walker
Lawton
Sipley
De Luis/Sironen/Gosiewski (Des pick)

Last edited:
This is the second time in 2 weeks that the fox commentators go on and on about tackles Manly players make and suddenly the bunker takes a look. It is obvious the bunker listens into the commentary and are influenced by them. The commentators obviously know this and go out of their way to influence the bunker, which is all sorts of wrong

Really?? Do you think the bunker have their arms and legs crossed watching the Fox broadcast and only acting when Braith & co make a comment.

That is ridiculous.

The Tigers player was still on the ground injured . That is why they stopped the play.

Can we please save our conspiracy theories to at least when we play a decent team ;)

Siro and Lawton in for Aloiai and Keppie. Let's see what Siro has got! He looks fit in the videos I've seen of him and might come back fresh and hungry after such a long lay off especially when playing for a contract.

i agree. Siro at his best is pretty good.
However, I don’t know where we fit him anymore if our edges are fit. Schu and Guac are 80 min players.

You’d say Guac has a mortgage on the right side.

can Siro reinvent himself into a middle forward?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6