more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no idea what is going on in my family at present - please be a little less dismissive regarding my personal situation. I hope you and yours are safe and well.
Not at all dismissing what is happening in your family and only wish you and them all the best.

Confirmation bias is focusing on information or examples that support your argument and filtering out other information.

So using one situation as a basis for an argument is inherently flawed.

Like people playing the lottery because Gary down the street won back in 2004 ingnoring the hundreds of thousands that play every week and lose.

As I said though, no disrespect to your family and hope everything resolves itself positively

I was on the fence regarding these “booster shots” and now we get this;

Exactly how many more “booster shots” will be required and funded by the Federal Government and Pfizer? Where are the scientists now with the “why we need the Pfizer vaccine”?

I think it’s time for the Government to call these vaccines out and search/move to more effective ones.
Wow, this has now made its way off the pages of "conspiracy nuts" and into the mainstream. There are many reputable epidemiologists and Nobel prize winning scientists who have been sounding the alarm for months. These guys have been referenced in this thread many times - just scroll back. People need to start taking this seriously. It's not a d1ck waving contest. This is serious. As I have said - what is occuring within my own family is absolutely mind blowing.

Not at all dismissing what is happening in your family and only wish you and them all the best.

Confirmation bias is focusing on information or examples that support your argument and filtering out other information.

So using one situation as a basis for an argument is inherently flawed.

Like people playing the lottery because Gary down the street won back in 2004 ingnoring the hundreds of thousands that play every week and lose.

As I said though, no disrespect to your family and hope everything resolves itself positively
No worries mate. Someone has posted an article from news.com in the Covid thread. You might want to have a read of it.

You are missing the point. The virus has mutated but the vaccine remains the same. And we are pushing this onto our kids before school opens.
The dosing changes...

I understand the discussion around children (and it is interesting how the anit vac / "pro community latches onto the children choices). As a parent, this is something that we have discussed and dealt with but I choose to believe in the science

Why?

Because I have a belief that there are things that I do not know as much as experts. I also do not believe in conspiracies
The vaccine isn't working, yet it is still being pushed hard. Why?

And what is this based on?

The dosing changes...

I understand the discussion around children (and it is interesting how the anit vac / "pro community latches onto the children choices). As a parent, this is something that we have discussed and dealt with but I choose to believe in the science

Why?

Because I have a belief that there are things that I do not know as much as experts. I also do not believe in conspiracies

The dosing changes?? I am not sure you understand the MRNA technology.

Pfizer CEO admits 2 shots of current vaccine have no efficacy on Omicron. That is why they are trying to develop new 'vaccines' for current and future variants. The spike proteins on the virus have mutated. They admit these new vaccines will not be ready for another 4 months. So my point is why are we pushing obsolete vaccines into our young children? The argument to protect others clearly has no sway anymore. Children with no comorbidities are not in the risk group. The virus has mutated and changed, but our policies remain the same. Calling everyone an anti vaxxer because they are questioning existing policies and practices in the midst of emerging data and studies is not helpful.

The reason why there is a huge drive in misinformation and conspiracy theories is because there is a control in the debate of science. Science is not exact. I am not claiming to be a scientist. But there a lot of credible and outstanding scientists and medical professionals who have been ostracised for voicing an opinion which flies contrary to the narrative.

As more data is being released, I hope there is a more robust discussion on how we move forward.

I'm not sure if you were aware but the FDA have been forced to release Pfizer clinical data at a rate of 55,000 pages per month. Originally they wanted 75years to release information.

So hopefully with more transperancy we become united in the fight against this disease.

The dosing changes...

Why?

The article refers to a Nobel prize winning virologist. That's about as high as any scientist can go. He doesn't agree with you. Why are you choosing to ignore his (and others from the scientific fields) advice? Remember, this article is from news.com.au, not some flat earth society paper.

The dosing changes...

Why?

The head of Pfizer said it himself.

The article refers to a Nobel prize winning virologist. That's about as high as any scientist can go. He doesn't agree with you. Why are you choosing to ignore his (and others from the scientific fields) advice? Remember, this article is from news.com.au, not some flat earth society paper.
news.com.au......

news.com.au......

Yes, they are certainly not an anti vax organisation. That is my point. They are mainstream media - and up until now, have shut down anything that questioned the standard vaccine narrative.

news.com.au......

Yes, they are certainly not an anti vax organisation. That is my point. They are mainstream media - and up until now, have shut down anything that questioned the standard vaccine narrative.
yes they are not a reliable source, however I get your point, up and until now they have been very much like the mods on silvertails shutting down anyone with a different opinion.

The dosing changes?? I am not sure you understand the MRNA technology.

Pfizer CEO admits 2 shots of current vaccine have no efficacy on Omicron. That is why they are trying to develop new 'vaccines' for current and future variants. The spike proteins on the virus have mutated. They admit these new vaccines will not be ready for another 4 months. So my point is why are we pushing obsolete vaccines into our young children? The argument to protect others clearly has no sway anymore. Children with no comorbidities are not in the risk group. The virus has mutated and changed, but our policies remain the same. Calling everyone an anti vaxxer because they are questioning existing policies and practices in the midst of emerging data and studies is not helpful.

The reason why there is a huge drive in misinformation and conspiracy theories is because there is a control in the debate of science. Science is not exact. I am not claiming to be a scientist. But there a lot of credible and outstanding scientists and medical professionals who have been ostracised for voicing an opinion which flies contrary to the narrative.

As more data is being released, I hope there is a more robust discussion on how we move forward.

I'm not sure if you were aware but the FDA have been forced to release Pfizer clinical data at a rate of 55,000 pages per month. Originally they wanted 75years to release information.

So hopefully with more transperancy we become united in the fight against this disease.

Most of the people in ICU have Delta. You think a child can choose their variant?

news.com.au......

This is Newscorp

Most of the people in ICU have Delta. You think a child can choose their variant?
Again, children are not and have never been a risk group for getting hospitalised or dying from Covid19. I don't think you will find many children without any cormorbidities in ICU. The reason for pushing vaccines onto them was to stop transmission and to protect our elderly and vulnerable. It is now apparent that these current vaccines do not stop breakthrough infections.

But please, don't take my word for it. Here is a study on the effects of Delta on children. I'm sure there are more.

Again, children are not and have never been a risk group for getting hospitalised or dying from Covid19. I don't think you will find many children without any cormorbidities in ICU. The reason for pushing vaccines onto them was to stop transmission and to protect our elderly and vulnerable. It is now apparent that these current vaccines do not stop breakthrough infections.

But please, don't take my word for it. Here is a study on the effects of Delta on children. I'm sure there are more.

Careful Spartan, this is covid misinformation you are posting, you can’t trust GPs 😂
thanks for sharing

Again, children are not and have never been a risk group for getting hospitalised or dying from Covid19. I don't think you will find many children without any cormorbidities in ICU.
I hear ya, let's kill the poor little buggers with comorbidities then!
I'm so over the inhumanity I'm reading on social media while Health Care Workers are being smashed trying to actually help those with and without 'comorbidities'.
OK. I'm out of the covid threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8