more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Omicron is being spread by the vaccinated" - yes, because:

1. The unvaccinated are not allowed to travel (ergo only vaccinated people are travelling interstate & overseas just now)

2. Omicron is highly contagious, & the vaccine does not prevent infection - it does however, reduce the severity of symptoms (making hospitalisation less likely) & reduce the duration & volume of peak viral load (thereby lowering the chances of passing it on).

Last edited:
The vaccine doesnt work because:

1. Vaccinated people are still getting infected by Omicron - yes, because Omicron is a different variant to the Alpha, Beta & Delta strains.

2. Vaccinated people are still dying from COVID - yes, because most are elderly &/or have existing comorbidities that means they are more vulnerable to the virus, even the reduced load as per the vaccine.

3. Oh but a 20 year old man died last week from COVID! yes, there are always outliers to any statistical data. However, using independant thought processes, I sought out more information on this matter & discovered he was 23 years old & a former powerlifter. Perhaps he was simply vulnerable to COVID, despite vaccination, or perhaps powerlifters put a lot of strain on their hearts in performing their sport & perhaps some powerlifters use PEDs to increase their strength & recovery, which can place further strain on their hearts.

Last edited:
B7D21620-C91E-4857-9597-667311C502F3.jpeg

Just wondering if Covid Discussion deserves its very own section on Silvertails? This section could be devoted to all things Covid, and ALL Covid threads could be moved into that section for full and frank discussion. Clearly Covid is not going away anytime soon, and neither will the enthusiastic but increasingly bizarre, and sometimes nonsensical opposing perspectives, that we see popping up on a daily basis in the Rugby League Forum section. I for one will not be posting there, as the only reason I log into Silvertails, is to discuss Rugby League, and more specifically anything that is MWSE related. Strange concept I know, but perhaps setting clearer boundaries will facilitate more focussed discussion. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Just wondering if Covid Discussion deserves its very own section on Silvertails? This section could be devoted to all things Covid, and ALL Covid threads could be moved into that section for full and frank discussion. Clearly Covid is not going away anytime soon, and neither will the enthusiastic but increasingly bizarre and sometimes opposing perspectives that we see popping up on a daily basis in the Rugby League Forum section. I for one will not be posting there, as the only reason I log into Silvertails, is to discuss Rugby League, and more specifically anything that is MWSE related. Strange concept I know, but perhaps setting clearer boundaries will facilitate more focussed discussion. Just a thought.

I mean this post has Covid in the title, you could just scroll past it.

Havn't posted much on this, as prefer footy and tbh....I think we ALL know much more about footy than Covid also....I am doing what I feel is best for myself and happy with decisions now and going forward.
The way I see it - we can all give advice on a Melbourne Cup winner and if it wins it's Gold, if not we give each other sh** and it's no big deal......but when it comes to a decision regarding health and welfare with so much uncertainty, I feel it's better to respectfully make our own choices without copping abuse and judgement.
Anyway that's my 5 cents worth, so I'll see you all back on Silvertails "Footy forums" :hi:

I mean this post has Covid in the title, you could just scroll past it.
It also has Season 2022 in the title which was probably an attempt to keep it Rugby League related. Unfortunately it has devolved into just another COVID19 thread. By being in the Rugby League Forum it is stealing oxygen from actual footy chat.

It's a fair question but its almost certain there will actually be Covid implications for 2022 NRL so from that perspective the thread has been legitimately in the rugby league section (so far).
There will be players and staff testing positive, getting isolated as close contacts, some might get sick, players missing games at short notice, games might be moved or postponed or cancelled (hopefully not) or rescheduled, crowds might be out, might be in, might be part out and part in, Vlandys might get ill (he doesn't look very healthy) so basically any number of actual rugby league related things might crop up.
Other Covid issues should definitely be in General forum, not here.
(Apologies in advance if anyone feels victimised by this comment.)

Seven of the deaths reported today are from September, October last year as per Kerry Chant. Kerry says they will be reporting historical cases in their daily death count now. Apparently there are MANY past cases that the Coroner is working on, and these deaths will count each day moving forward. The Coroner will determine whether those historical cases died with Covid from mouth swabs.

Thanks Kerry, I feel so much better about all this now.

It's a fair question but its almost certain there will actually be Covid implications for 2022 NRL so from that perspective the thread has been legitimately in the rugby league section (so far).
There will be players and staff testing positive, getting isolated as close contacts, some might get sick, players missing games at short notice, games might be moved or postponed or cancelled (hopefully not) or rescheduled, crowds might be out, might be in, might be part out and part in, Vlandys might get ill (he doesn't look very healthy) so basically any number of actual rugby league related things might crop up.
Other Covid issues should definitely be in General forum, not here.
(Apologies in advance if anyone feels victimised by this comment.)
Agree with all of the above. However, this thread has consistently been used (hijacked) to discuss other Covid issues that do not have direct implications for season 2022. Surely, if it's not specifically related to the thread title it should be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11