more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven of the deaths reported today are from September, October last year as per Kerry Chant. Kerry says they will be reporting historical cases in their daily death count now. Apparently there are MANY past cases that the Coroner is working on, and these deaths will count each day moving forward. The Coroner will determine whether those historical cases died with Covid from mouth swabs.

Thanks Kerry, I feel so much better about all this now.
Why would we want accurate reporting?

Unsurprising - they just continue shifting those Covid goalposts. Let's take a look back at what has transpired this past year.

The vaccine provides immunity, the vaccine doesn't provide immunity, vaccinated people don't transmit the virus, vaccinated people do transmit the virus, two shots will keep you safe, two shots will provide antibodies for 2 years, two shots will provide antibodies for twelve months, antibodies last six months, antibodies last three months, a booster shot will keep you safe, two booster shots is the new number, you will need to continue having shots, etc., etc., etc...

Rules are rules, and consistency is overrated.
Sorry Kevvie , disagree with you mate.

I’ve been critical at times of our QLD premier but largely I think all the politicians ( ALL) have done the best they can in what’s been a constantly changing environment.

This latest variant is a game changer, the most transmissible major disease ever ( so I’ve read ). Literally you can just walk past someone, breath the air they’ve just expelled, and bingo you’ve got it.

Things are happening and changing daily, if you’d said a month ago that we’d have figures of 100,000 plus cases a day you’d have been laughed at.

Do I agree with every thing that every politician has done , of course not , but I think slamming them for changes they might make ( with no play book or rule book to follow ) is a little harsh.

No mate I don't. If I posted what is occuring with infections at my sister's house right now few on here would believe it. However, I know it is happening, and as such, grow ever more sceptical by the day. I am not alone.
Come on.... At your sisters house? Thats your basis for this line of thought?

I hate to admit it but an Aunty on my mothers side (who is ex communicated) has 4 kids all of which are scummy douch bags. Now if I look at her house I could deduce that society is a completely lost cause and we should all just give up. However looking broarder at the data shows that the majority of other houses and families are in fact OK.

Who would have guessed.

Here's another one for you.

I've not had an accident driving in over 20 years until I sideswiped a post in my VW transporter in a bloody carpark last month. Unlucky yeah. Well then 1 week later my other car a lovely Volvo XC90 was damaged right up the side by some piece of ****e in a carpark who did a runner. Again unlucky. And now last night my wife was driving home and a lady opened her parked car door right into the other side of the xc90 causing a load of damage to the other side.

Whats this got to do with your sisters house I hear you ask?

Well if you just look narrowly at my accident history I'd be uninsurable after the past 4 weeks. But as a whole 2 of the accidents were not my doing so the narrow view while valid is a false positive.

I'm sure your sisters house is a nightmare but 1 house and 1 group of people do not make a valid data set.

I've lived thru covid here in London. I'm Fully triple vaxed and I'm yet to catch covid even with 150 000 deaths and 180 000 positive cases here yesterday. My view alone is the vax is a good thing. All my family have it and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Just wondering if Covid Discussion deserves its very own section on Silvertails? This section could be devoted to all things Covid, and ALL Covid threads could be moved into that section for full and frank discussion. Clearly Covid is not going away anytime soon, and neither will the enthusiastic but increasingly bizarre and sometimes opposing perspectives that we see popping up on a daily basis in the Rugby League Forum section. I for one will not be posting there, as the only reason I log into Silvertails, is to discuss Rugby League, and more specifically anything that is MWSE related. Strange concept I know, but perhaps setting clearer boundaries will facilitate more focussed discussion. Just a thought.
Covid is just another issue to argue about. We all sit at opposite ends of society apart from all supporting Manly so I'm not surprised this gets such a run.

I'm sure some on here are flat earthers as well.....

Covid is just another issue to argue about. We all sit at opposite ends of society apart from all supporting Manly so I'm not surprised this gets such a run.

I'm sure some on here are flat earthers as well.....

Apparently there are quite a few flat earthers who think the Flat Earth Society is a government front designed to make Flat Earthers look stupid.

Pretty sure Eric Grothe Jr is a flat earther.

No need, my family have owned and operated the finest tin foil hattery In these parts for five generations. We have a design for every conspiracy. The link below is one I made especially for you my friend.

Oh my,I hope you are not saying you want to give me that?I don't go that way(not that there is anything wrong with it),is that what you use at home,or just strangers you meet on the internet lol?

I hate to admit it but an Aunty on my mothers side (who is ex communicated) has 4 kids all of which are scummy douch bags. Now if I look at her house I could deduce that society is a completely lost cause and we should all just give up. However looking broarder at the data shows that the majority of other houses and families are in fact OK.

Who would have guessed.

I've not had an accident driving in over 20 years until I sideswiped a post in my VW transporter in a bloody carpark last month. Unlucky yeah. Well then 1 week later my other car a lovely Volvo XC90 was damaged right up the side by some piece of ****e in a carpark who did a runner. Again unlucky. And now last night my wife was driving home and a lady opened her parked car door right into the other side of the xc90 causing a load of damage to the other side.

Well if you just look narrowly at my accident history I'd be uninsurable after the past 4 weeks. But as a whole 2 of the accidents were not my doing so the narrow view while valid is a false positive.

I'm sure your sisters house is a nightmare but 1 house and 1 group of people do not make a valid data set.

I've lived thru covid here in London. I'm Fully triple vaxed and I'm yet to catch covid even with 150 000 deaths and 180 000 positive cases here yesterday. My view alone is the vax is a good thing. All my family have it and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Yeah its classic confirmation bias

Oh my,I hope you are not saying you want to give me that?I don't go that way(not that there is anything wrong with it),is that what you use at home,or just strangers you meet on the internet lol?

why can’t Kevin have his own opinion? You seem opinionated, his vaccination status is his personal choice, if you don’t like it good for you doesn’t mean he should be ridiculed for it. Some of you guys on here need to grow up and get over yourselves. Kevin doesn’t call names or discriminate against people that are vaxxed, but you think you have the right to belittle him on an open forum behind a screen. Says alot about you, and it’s really sad you’re a Manly fan.

I reckon I have circa 30 family and friends who have had it
My family and I have just had it ,and I bet 50% could of already had it and not known .
It was honestly that weak ,the only reason we had been tested is that we have been visiting immune compromised older relatives .

why can’t Kevin have his own opinion? You seem opinionated, his vaccination status is his personal choice, if you don’t like it good for you doesn’t mean he should be ridiculed for it. Some of you guys on here need to grow up and get over yourselves. Kevin doesn’t call names or discriminate against people that are vaxxed, but you think you have the right to belittle him on an open forum behind a screen. Says alot about you, and it’s really sad you’re a Manly fan.
My apologies,I forget that Kev has never belittled anyone here,it has been give and take from both sides.
Claiming that Kev does not name call is a blatant lie.(and the constant trolling of a certain poster on here that you ignore)
Sorry you are so uptight and can't laugh at people who take themselves so seriously,maybe you should unwind and chill?
Says a lot about you maybe?

I mean this post has Covid in the title, you could just scroll past it.

Yep @Volley I could. I could also ignore all of the threads in the general discussion section. Which in the most part I do.

Each to their own but I don't come here for general discussion, I come here for discussion on MWSE related issues, news, updates etc and focussed Rugby League conversation.

Outside of Silvertails I have been involved in facilitating Covid 19 Information sessions (initialy in relation to vaccine hesitancy but now extended into countering vaccine misinformation) in various communities for some time.

I don't come here expecting that Silvertails is the appropriate vehicle to deliver this information. It's a fan site for ****s sake.

Just like I choose not to talk in detail about Manly in these information sessions. So yeah I could scroll through, or I could just expect that in the Rugby League Forum section, we would only discuss Rugby League.

Ok - great divided opinions with zero 100% certain answers, only personal views with the old "I'm right because......"

The real reason this is in with the rugby league section, is because the original thread was about the Covid effect on the 2022 season and watching our Seaeagles soar......something like 10 pages ago, there's another thread in the "General section" for ppl to compare notes on various media reports and have a pi**ing comp about being right on this changing, unpredictable and uncertain topic.

So just to get back to the footy, what's the opinions on the 2022 season....will this run smoothly ?
I see most weeks going ahead, but feel there will be a Massive amount of player camps getting flooded with virus and missing games and a heap of rookies and unexpected players, getting a shot.

Just let the thread naturally disappear until there is NRL related Covid news.

Tobacco smoking remains the leading preventable cause of death and disease in Australia. Smoking leads to a wide range of diseases including many types of cancer, heart disease and stroke, chest and lung illnesses and stomach ulcers. It claims the lives of around 24,000 Australians every year.

Should we ridicule all smokers? Should we isolate all the smokers? Why don't we make smoking illegal? I mean all these restrictions and isolations are about saving lives... how come the 24,000 smokers lives don't seem to matter?
Again I'm not anti vacc but I am pro choice, just as smokers have a choice to smoke!

Use my condom analogy. Putting a condom on is like getting your vaccine, it won't necessarily stop pregnancy but it greatly reduces the chances.
Some people prefer the pull out method which is (the non vaccinated) doesn't mean you will or won't make her pregnant but its the chance you take and its your right to make that choice :)

I was on the fence regarding these “booster shots” and now we get this;

Exactly how many more “booster shots” will be required and funded by the Federal Government and Pfizer? Where are the scientists now with the “why we need the Pfizer vaccine”?

I think it’s time for the Government to call these vaccines out and search/move to more effective ones.

Sorry Kevvie , disagree with you mate.

I’ve been critical at times of our QLD premier but largely I think all the politicians ( ALL) have done the best they can in what’s been a constantly changing environment.

This latest variant is a game changer, the most transmissible major disease ever ( so I’ve read ). Literally you can just walk past someone, breath the air they’ve just expelled, and bingo you’ve got it.

Things are happening and changing daily, if you’d said a month ago that we’d have figures of 100,000 plus cases a day you’d have been laughed at.

Do I agree with every thing that every politician has done , of course not , but I think slamming them for changes they might make ( with no play book or rule book to follow ) is a little harsh.
That's okay Mark.

Who would have guessed.

Glad to read you and your family are doing well in these times.

I was on the fence regarding these “booster shots” and now we get this;

Exactly how many more “booster shots” will be required and funded by the Federal Government and Pfizer? Where are the scientists now with the “why we need the Pfizer vaccine”?

I think it’s time for the Government to call these vaccines out and search/move to more effective ones.
Much like how the flu vaccine changes every year as the disease mutates and changes this is what will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11