more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Donny needs to understand that employment comes with conditions and, while he is free to not accept those conditions, he can't dictate what those conditions are.

As a teacher, the conditions of my employment change constantly. Working with Children Checks. Completion of so many hours of professional development. And now, vaccination.

Let him go. We don't need this crap. He's not the messiah.

Not s good look for the club all round , really should stand down [ or be stood down ] until some type of resolution reasonably soon , Should be unconditional really , don't get the vax , can "t continue in his present role . Get a care taker in for the short term , hasn 't Chad Randell done a bit of club training fitness previously

I have no problem with Don making his own decisions, but the NRL has made a stand on this and clearly - to every NRL club....a pretty Black and White situation.
In actual fact, though Don is on the front page for this offence, the Manly heirarchy play a bigger part and have more to lose by allowing him to continue in this role including sponsorships and potentially far more, very suprised it just played out like this.
Manly need to step Don down immediately and would be very suprised if this is not already the case.
As for the drunk behind the story, this seems like it was handed to him on a gift platter and is based on facts alone - for once the story is credible and has legs.

What ever happened to freedom of choice.
Very sad times.
Btw, I respect anyone who would prefer to be tested every day and remain compliant than do something in relation to their own body they do not agree with especially where there is no significant evidence to date of creating significant additional risk to others. Vaccinated people catch Covid as well. By being tested every day he is technically offering more protection to others than vaccinated colleagues.

I personally have made the choice to be vaccinated ( this was a personal choice) I think Don is entitled to his views and whilst he remains technically compliant from a work safety perspective should not be pressured by morons like Rothtool. If protocols change well Don will need to address his situation if he wants to stay in in his current job. Not being able to attend a few games due to specific stadium protocols is not a deal breaker for his specific role imo.

What ever happened to freedom of choice.
Very sad times.
Btw, I respect anyone who would prefer to be tested every day and remain compliant than do something in relation to their own body they do not agree with especially where there is no significant evidence to date of creating significant additional risk to others. Vaccinated people catch Covid as well. By being tested every day he is technically offering more protection to others than vaccinated colleagues.

I personally have made the choice to be vaccinated ( this was a personal choice) I think Don is entitled to his views and whilst he remains technically compliant from a work safety perspective should not be pressured by morons like Rothtool. If protocols change well Don will need to address his situation if he wants to stay in in his current job. Not being able to attend a few games due to specific stadium protocols is not a deal breaker for his specific role imo.
The article alleges he has not been complying with mask requirements, and has been photographed in breach of them

especially where there is no significant evidence to date of creating significant additional risk to others. Vaccinated people catch Covid as well. By being tested every day he is technically offering more protection to others than vaccinated colleagues
This was the claim of One Nation bigot Pauline Hanson - it has been fact checked and found false.

This was the claim of One Nation bigot Pauline Hanson - it has been fact checked and found false.
Pauline is a puppet for the Muppets
1638315755408.jpeg

Seems to be the [ at least majority scientific based opinion ] anticipated path to some effective herd immunity stage . Maximum vaccine rates , less likelihood of severe infection rates , transition rates , specialized medical attention and care , some necessary restrictions for people choosing not to vax [ and some consideration for non vaxes with medical conditions ] less society disruption and so on . Every new strain and mutation to get gradually less serious and virulent . Really can not have too many exceptions to make this preferred outcome .

The current figure is 1997 deaths in Australia from Covid
When up to date ABS stats are released in the new year, it is likely the percentage of pre-existing conditions for those who die will be similar to those at the end of July.

At this early stage, we don't know the long term lingering effects of either the virus or vaccines.

It was obvious from the very beginning that the worst effect of the virus would be disruption to economies, education & social freedom. I am in regular contact with (poor) friends in India, Sri Lanka & Thailand who have lost their livelihoods due to covid restrictions. Some of them may never recover. As well, some college students are one-two years behind in their courses, which will increase the difficulty of finding work post graduation in an already crowded jobs market.

When up to date ABS stats are released in the new year, it is likely the percentage of pre-existing conditions for those who die will be similar to those at the end of July.
You do know that those taking this line of argument are advocating for the deaths of those who would have survived their underlying conditions (and some are very mild in isolation) had they not contracted covid? Right?

I made a comparison in a previous post in relation comparing the pressure place upon people to comply to vaccinate like Nazi Germany where people had no choice but to align / swear allegiance to Adolf Hitler. A moderator on this site somehow made the decision to edit this as I was somehow promoting a anti semitism. This is completely ridiculous and just plain stupid. I would expect to encounter this kind of nonsense on Facebook but not here! If the moderator changes this post consider this my farewell post. IF so best wishes to you all and GO MANLY
To be clear I did not moderate or edit the comment but allow me to reply

If you think that the choice of taking a vaccine is ANYTHING (capitals intended) like what Nazi Germany was like you have no idea.

Had a similar reaction last week for having my own opinion, which is based on my own personal experiences....thing is, it's a footy site so stick around and keep your strong views up Red Pill, always a good read imo, including many that clash with my opinion.
Personally I "have not" had the vaccination and don't intend to....if this bans me from the site, even through arguement, so be it...but hopefully that's not the case.
In this case however, I do think that Don "should not" be involved with the training, as the NRL has made it clear for all NRL clubs, however his choice not to be Vac, should be respected and Buzz though an old drunk donkey, had grounds for this report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friendly reminder, the pandemic has added a lot of stress to all our lives and there are many legitimate issues that have arisen as a result.
The view of this site around anti-vax messages was clearly spelled out in this post:

If people want to discuss related matters then do so factually and respectfully - and use the General discussion forum, in which there are already several Covid threads

Friendly reminder, the pandemic has added a lot of stress to all our lives and there are many legitimate issues that have arisen as a result.
The view of this site around anti-vax messages was clearly spelled out in this post:

If people want to discuss related matters then do so factually and respectfully - and use the General discussion forum, in which there are already several Covid threads
Can you change your photo please?

You do know that those taking this line of argument are advocating for the deaths of those who would have survived their underlying conditions (and some are very mild in isolation) had they not contracted covid? Right?
I don't follow the logic of your point. I am not presenting any argument, nor am I advocating not being vaccinated. I am only pointing to stats showing that the overall rate of death for the virus is low & the overwhelming majority of deaths have pre-existing conditions.

Pre-covid, I was spending most of my time in Asia. If all goes according to plan, I will be in India early in the new year. I certainly wouldn't go there unvaccinated :)

And on that note there was a time where I actually considered getting Donny into my work to do some work...

Anti vac is one thing...to compare anything to Nazi germany is just a joke and highly disappointing
Completely agree. Vaccination is about protecting and saving life. The nazi regime was based on mass murder and conquest. Anyone who uses this comparison is a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8