more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Donny caught it from aloiai and died or got long covid, manly would have a huge WHS law suit on its hands. The current law in NSW puts the onus on having a safe workplace.

Until 15 December you pretty much can’t have any unvaccinated employees onsite.

I strongly doubt the Bulldogs would allow this to continue given their stance and we are WEAKER than them.

That’s a disgrace just on its own.

They are doing completely different jobs
yeah, i knew that but the story was that dr. gibbs didn't agree with decisions made by singe. below from the tele:

Singe is a controversial figure who fell out with one of Australia’s most experienced sports doctors Nathan Gibbs last season over his conditioning methods which led to the veteran medico quitting the club.

so donny out, dr.gibbs might return
however its no good having him back and no head trainer

yeah, i knew that but the story was that dr. gibbs didn't agree with decisions made by singe. below from the tele:

Singe is a controversial figure who fell out with one of Australia’s most experienced sports doctors Nathan Gibbs last season over his conditioning methods which led to the veteran medico quitting the club.

Nope - we need Donny there - he just needs to wear a mask and follow the rules

So, whilst I don't agree with Manly's position on this....Does Donny need to wear a mask outdoors and also whilst doing exercise??? Does he need to be vaccinated to train the side, I thought no balls V'Landys had said no to making it a rule???

It was obvious from the very beginning that the worst effect of the virus would be disruption to economies, education & social freedom. I am in regular contact with (poor) friends in India, Sri Lanka & Thailand who have lost their livelihoods due to covid restrictions. Some of them may never recover. As well, some college students are one-two years behind in their courses, which will increase the difficulty of finding work post graduation in an already crowded jobs market.
I love a good tin hat moment. Dont take the rest of this post too seriously BUT.......

When this all started what was happening?

A USA/China stand off and spat was escalating.

For all intensive purposes when covid first mutated in Whuan the thought did pop up that imagine if the US of A released a biological pathogen to destabilise China in attempt to put the barking dog back in its kennel....

Well that was all well and good but as the pandemic spread it turned out the the economic destruction of markets in the West and death rates in countries like Europe,UK, USA etc were much more pronounced.

China on the other hand look to be surging back with a vengeance with GDP up and apprehend low death rates overall..... did the barking Dog play a blinder and speed up their path to world supremacy by decades?

And as for third world countries and the total devastation of their economy's? Well as shown in Africa and Sub Asia there is one country with lots and lots of money thats more that happy to invest to 'help' as long as those countries realise that their alignment to the cause is delivered and paid for....

China holds most of Africa by the balls already. Other countries will be sure to follow.

What am I saying here?

I need a bigger TIN Hat!

I’m sure there are other qualified trainers probably better than Singe who’d jump at the job!

His position is untenable due to the nazi BS and totally unacceptable I have to admit, I haven’t seen what he has written. I will take all of your words on this.

What IS concerning is this underlying Vax vs Anti-Vax element of discussion and chest beating that is taking place. Yes it is up to each person what they decided to do and just the same, it is required or a condition of our teams employment that you adhere to the NRL’s covid guidelines. I have noticed “moderator edits” above and comments from the rag “The Guardian” which is borderline conspiracy central!

Sadly, I feel we are losing our humanity and we all need to find it quickly.

I’m sure there are other qualified trainers probably better than Singe who’d jump at the job!
However it goes, the timing’s atrocious with the boys just returning to training.
The arrogance of not doing what’s required - and if it’s a mask outdoors in government property so be it - for the sake of the team, pisses me off no end.

What ever happened to freedom of choice.
Very sad times.
Btw, I respect anyone who would prefer to be tested every day and remain compliant than do something in relation to their own body they do not agree with especially where there is no significant evidence to date of creating significant additional risk to others. Vaccinated people catch Covid as well. By being tested every day he is technically offering more protection to others than vaccinated colleagues.

I personally have made the choice to be vaccinated ( this was a personal choice) I think Don is entitled to his views and whilst he remains technically compliant from a work safety perspective should not be pressured by morons like Rothtool. If protocols change well Don will need to address his situation if he wants to stay in in his current job. Not being able to attend a few games due to specific stadium protocols is not a deal breaker for his specific role imo.

To me it's really quite simple. He cannot fulfill his contract while he remains unvaccinated. He cannot travel with the team, he cannot enter any indoor facility, etc etc He simply cannot do his job. That's a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
If Donny caught it from aloiai and died or got long covid, manly would have a huge WHS law suit on its hands. The current law in NSW puts the onus on having a safe workplace.

Until 15 December you pretty much can’t have any unvaccinated employees onsite.
Yes
And it’s actually called up now in legislation and is included in worker’s compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8