more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a bit of a storm in a tea cup really.

No photographs of Donny actually wearing his mask and maybe he was all the time when training the guys.

The photo looks like the end of the session and Donny is walking away, with no players in close contact. Maybe he wore the mask the entire time during the training, maybe he didn’t however, the photo only shows Donny by himself (an opportune moment for a story).

However, the NSW Government owns the Narrabeen Sports Complex and even despite the fact that Brad Hazzard is a Manly fan, I am sure he won’t be looking at this situation favourably. Donny apparently flaunting the rules without a mask, is not a good look for the club. Nor are his posts.

I respect Donny’s right not be be vaxed however, rules are rules and they have been implemented for a reason.

Despite Des’s protests about maybe losing his head conditioner, I think Humphries has no option. Get vaxed Donny or unfortunately you can’t be around the guys and your job is obsolete.

I am sure Des contacted Slothfield and said in matter of fact “Yeah thanks for that”. Maybe not in those words.

I don't follow the logic of your point. I am not presenting any argument, nor am I advocating not being vaccinated. I am only pointing to stats showing that the overall rate of death for the virus is low & the overwhelming majority of deaths have pre-existing conditions.

Pre-covid, I was spending most of my time in Asia. If all goes according to plan, I will be in India early in the new year. I certainly wouldn't go there unvaccinated :)
Think that the lingering effects of covid is still being underestimated , and the unhelpful and vicious cycle of lock downs and social restriction will just continue everywhere unless there is some universal effective control measures . Hence the out break of a couple of the recent strains from some of the disadvantaged regions of the world with low vaccination rates . Heard this morning that the Greek government is going to impose a 150 U S dollar fine per month from early next year to all folk over 60 who are not vaccinated [ obviously has to some exceptions with medical conditions and so on and which is bound to be circumvented too ] but drastic times can only be combated with some equally drastic measures not that i would necessarily agree with them all anywhere

To be clear I did not moderate or edit the comment but allow me to reply

If you think that the choice of taking a vaccine is ANYTHING (capitals intended) like what Nazi Germany was like you have no idea.
No ****ing idea really !!

Ive visited the death camps in Poland and I cannot tell you what that experience was like. I’m a grown man, and a male but I can tell you I was crying at certain parts of the visits.

The most sobering experience of my life.

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

The club need to get this right.

As much as we have to thank Donny Singe about his contribution. We have to abide by the rules of the NRL and jurisdictions about vaccination for Covid 19.

The club need to be decisive now about how they handle this as it really is unprofessional to have allowed this to occur where there are specific rules!

Everyone has their own standards but to me this is far worse than Dylan Walker getting in a drunken scrape at a pizza shop. Donny is not merely a physical trainer but has a significant mentoring role at the club.
I now wonder if this issue has anything to do with Dr Gibbs leaving the club.
I also wonder whether Des is supporting Donny in this. It's hard to imagine he wouldn't have been given the flick already if he didn't have Des firmly in his corner.

Doesn't our club's owner make a living out of promoting health? Now this has been outed you'd think it needs a very swift resolution.

Absolutely. Walker copped crap from most here on the forum for not being vaccinated.

Donny either gets vaccinated or get rid of him. Simple.

One of my buddies in the UK who lived here for many years was an anti vaxer. lots of post on facebook about choices etc. Anyway he's just got out of hospital after a week in ICU & another on a covid ward. His message to me said I was offered the jab & I declined it - How stupid was I. I had another school friend who died of covid last year. Your choice to have or not to have. Don't complain either way if something goes wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12