more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar

Manly Sea Eagles trainer Don Singe running training sessions while unvaccinated from Covid-19​

The NRL is facing a Covid nightmare with revelations a senior Manly staffer has been working unvaccinated while supervising players during training.
Phil RothfieldSports Editor-at-large

The Manly Sea Eagles have created an NRL Covid furore by allowing their head of high performance to work unvaccinated while supervising players and overseeing the club’s off-season training programs.
The Daily Telegraph has obtained photographs from the club’s North Narrabeen training headquarters on Tuesday of unvaccinated and unmasked sports fitness guru Don Singe in charge of a two-hour session.

He had a white mask around his wrist but was not wearing it in accordance with club health protocols.
Somehow Singe gets daily access to Manly’s state government-owned fitness centre despite a huge sign showing proof of vaccination is required to enter the facility.

Manly stands accused of shocking double standards after pressuring a number of their high-profile players to get vaccinated in recent months.
One of their star players, Josh Aloiai, last week became the first NRL player to test positive to Covid, although he had not been in contact with Singe.

Singe is a controversial figure who fell out with one of Australia’s most experienced sports doctors Nathan Gibbs last season over his conditioning methods which led to the veteran medico quitting the club.

Manly’s chief executive Stephen Humphreys insists the club is not breaking health protocols.

“Don is discussing his situation with his GP and our chief medical officer,” Humphreys said.

“It’s under review at the moment is the way I’d describe it.

“I really don’t want to talk about the private health matters of any of my employees.

“It’s not my place to talk about his beliefs.”

This at a time when the NRL has been strongly advocating Covid vaccinations with more than 500 contracted players, coaches and officials.

Only half a dozen players across the entire game remain unvaccinated.
Humphreys however insists: “We are definitely adhering to NRL protocols.

“Don is getting tested every day and completing all the details on his full whereabouts.

“He’s wearing a mask and not going into shared areas of the facility.”

However, a cameraman from The Daily Telegraph took photos on Tuesday morning which showed this was not the case in regards to Singe wearing his mask.

“The NRL would expect us to follow the protocols which we are,” Humphreys said.

When asked about the sign at the entrance to Manly training requesting proof of vaccination upon entry, Humphreys responded: “As I told you, we are complying with all NRL and Sydney Academy of Sport requirements and protocols.”

The Daily Telegraph understands not all Manly players are aware of Singe’s position, although he has actively expressed his anti-vax beliefs on social media.

Many of his recent posts have now been taken down.

He recently re-shared a Facebook post of a famous photo of a man refusing to do the “Sieg Heil” salute during a Nazi rally in Hamburg in 1936, which anti-vaxxers have used lately to liken to the push for mandatory vaccinations.
Whether you are unvaccinated or vaccinated is not an issue, the really important life changing question is … ‘Will you demonstrate tolerance and empathy for peoples (sic) personal choice’,” Singe wrote, accompanying the post.

Asked if he was encouraging Singe to get vaccinated, Humphreys said: “Yes we’re helping him and his family around education. I’d hope that it will come to a good conclusion soon.”

Singe declined to return phone calls or text messages when The Daily Telegraph attempted to contact him yesterday.
If the situation remains unchanged, Singe will be banned from attending matches interstate or possibly at other match-day venues in Sydney where proof of double vaccination is required.

Clint Newtown, head of the RLPA, said he was unaware Singe was working with the players while unvaccinated.
The club has an obligation to continue to provide a safe and healthy workplace,” he said. “They have to put the right protocols in place that includes daily testing and other biosecurity measures.”

The NRL has been approached for comment.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Hmmm Buzz the gerbil at large strikes again. Can’t imagine him writing this if Don worked out in the shire for his beloved Sharks. Talking about double standards!! this ambulance chaser takes the cake.
There is another comment/ assertion which is absolutely appalling. This guy needs to retire now!!

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
At the end of the day his choices will directly relate to his health and the health of his career.

I have absolutely no time for anti-vaxers and personally during an international pandemic think that those that remain unvaxed should bare the burden of reduced freedoms.

Society places all sorts of restrictions on our lives every day. Thing is we are used to it and just accept it. I do wonder if the death rate of covid was 10% or above if all these people would still stand by their beliefs.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Everyone has their own standards but to me this is far worse than Dylan Walker getting in a drunken scrape at a pizza shop. Donny is not merely a physical trainer but has a significant mentoring role at the club.
I now wonder if this issue has anything to do with Dr Gibbs leaving the club.
I also wonder whether Des is supporting Donny in this. It's hard to imagine he wouldn't have been given the flick already if he didn't have Des firmly in his corner.

Doesn't our club's owner make a living out of promoting health? Now this has been outed you'd think it needs a very swift resolution.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
I do wonder if the death rate of covid was 10% or above if all these people would still stand by their beliefs.
If death rates were anywhere near 10%, I think many people would reconsider their position on covid vaccination. The worldwide case/death ratio is 1.9% (262.93 million cases) and these are the stats for Australia:

VIC 1% (122k cases)
NSW 0.7% (82k cases)
ACT 0.7% (2,130 cases)
QLD 0.7% (2,127 cases)
WA 0.6% (1,121 cases)
SA 0.4% (932 cases)
NT 0% (288 cases)
TAS 0.5% (239 cases)

Australian Bureau of Statistic findings re total 921 covid deaths in Australia up till 31 July 2021:
  • Most COVID-19 deaths had acute respiratory symptoms such as viral pneumonia or acute respiratory distress syndrome listed as a consequence of the virus.
  • 73.4% of people who died from COVID-19 had pre-existing chronic conditions certified on the death certificate.
  • Dementia was the most common pre-existing chronic condition for those who died from COVID-19.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Australian Bureau of Statistic findings re total 921 covid deaths in Australia up till 31 July 2021:
The current figure is 1997 deaths in Australia from Covid.

The risks from Covid go far beyond the risk of death. Namely, sometimes serious lingering health effects but equally important, massive disruption to our economic and social lives.

As for the risk of vaccination, yes there can be side effects but the risks are minute compared with the risks from Covid. Out of 38.5 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in Australia (up to 21 November 2021) the TGA has found 9 reports of death that were linked to immunisation from 682 reports received and reviewed.
"The overwhelming majority of deaths reported occurred in people aged 65 years and older. The deaths linked to immunisation occurred after the first dose of Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca) – 8 were TTS cases and one was a case of immune thrombocytopenia (ITP)."

Mals

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hmmm Buzz the gerbil at large strikes again. Can’t imagine him writing this if Don worked out in the shire for his beloved Sharks. Talking about double standards!! this ambulance chaser takes the cake.
There is another comment/ assertion which is absolutely appalling. This guy needs to retire now!!
For once I am happy Buzz has highlighted something happening at our club. This is not something to be swept under the carpet. If Donnie (who I have been a big supporter of his) maintains his stance in not getting vaccinated he cannot remain effective in his very important role at our club going forward. His position will become untenable when the 2022 season kicks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17