more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volley

Bencher
Just a quick look Volley, but would you agree with the broad statement that approx,

10% of the eligible population who are un-vaxxed are providing almost 30% of all hospital patients .. and almost 50% of ICU patients ...

Way to go unvaxxed .. punching well above your weight .

Hi Woodsie, yep exactly.

Here's an interesting article regarding natural immunity. Long established science re natural immunity is being totally overlooked. Many of our kids and others have recovered from covid and therefore should be included in the vaccinated class. Like in Switzerland.

Also study shows you are at increased risk of adverse effects from vaccine if have already acquired natural imminity.

The only stats they need to report are people in hospital "because" of covid, people in ICU "because" of covid and deaths directly related to covid.

2 weeks ago QLD had 70 people in hospital "with" covid BUT only 1 was there "because" of their covid symptoms.

They are now saying within weeks half of all people in hospital will have covid but again that is completely misleading, the important stats are the people there "because" of covid!

These are 2 very misleading stats! My doctor was saying he gets calls daily from people asking him if they should go to emergency because they think they might have covid... people are stupid and are filling our hospitals for no reason.

I also know a number of people needing to travel for work etc and have tested positive with absolutely no symptoms and then have to isolate along with all close contacts even though the only reason they had a test was to travel for work. If they didn't have to travel they would have been out spreading it without any symptoms and not even knowing they were infected. Get your vaccinations, get your booster shots if you feel the need to and let's move on with our lives!

Kevinward777

First Grader
Here's an interesting article regarding natural immunity. Long established science re natural immunity is being totally overlooked. Many of our kids and others have recovered from covid and therefore should be included in the vaccinated class. Like in Switzerland.

Also study shows you are at increased risk of adverse effects from vaccine if have already acquired natural imminity.

You got to laugh at the bit where the "expert" says - acquired immunity through the vaccine is still the preferred option. What freaking immunity is that exactly? Is he talking about the CDC changed definition of a vaccine? Surely this numbnut isn't referring to that? Perhaps he means the immunity that has seen case numbers explode to unprecedented levels this past week. I'd choose natural immunity every day of the week.

Kevinward777

First Grader
The only stats they need to report are people in hospital "because" of covid, people in ICU "because" of covid and deaths directly related to covid.

2 weeks ago QLD had 70 people in hospital "with" covid BUT only 1 was there "because" of their covid symptoms.

They are now saying within weeks half of all people in hospital will have covid but again that is completely misleading, the important stats are the people there "because" of covid!

These are 2 very misleading stats! My doctor was saying he gets calls daily from people asking him if they should go to emergency because they think they might have covid... people are stupid and are filling our hospitals for no reason.

I also know a number of people needing to travel for work etc and have tested positive with absolutely no symptoms and then have to isolate along with all close contacts even though the only reason they had a test was to travel for work. If they didn't have to travel they would have been out spreading it without any symptoms and not even knowing they were infected. Get your vaccinations, get your booster shots if you feel the need to and let's move on with our lives!
Nearly every death is reported as dying with Covid as opposed to from Covid. It's been that way all year.

Kevinward777

First Grader

They are getting even more misleading with their stats. Whenever an unvaccinated person contracts Covid, the media etc jump all over it. They don't do the same when vaxxed people die, hiding the facts amongst countless other data. Just last week the media were happy to let everyone run with the lie that Frank Pritchard was an anti vaxxer. No need for any FACT CHECK in that instance.

Reports from over there in South Australia today...
164 people hospitalized due to Covid,80 percent unvaxed.
But as I mentioned earlier my doctor said a lot of people are going to hospital for no reason other than they suspect they have covid. Id be interested to know how many of those 164 actually require hospitalisation for their symptoms.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
You got to laugh at the bit where the "expert" says - acquired immunity through the vaccine is still the preferred option. What freaking immunity is that exactly? Is he talking about the CDC changed definition of a vaccine? Surely this numbnut isn't referring to that? Perhaps he means the immunity that has seen case numbers explode to unprecedented levels this past week. I'd choose natural immunity every day of the week.
But you did have a choice, and you chose to be vaccinated ? @:p

Volley

Bencher

Are you being deliberately obtuse or are you just thick? “Natural immunity” means you’ve caught it and recovered. As the figures I provided earlier highlight, relying on “natural immunity” is more likely to land you in ICU than if you’re vaccinated.

You’ve essentially said you’d rather catch Covid than be vaccinated. Finally, you’ve admitted you’re an anti-vaxxer.

Volley

Bencher
But as I mentioned earlier my doctor said a lot of people are going to hospital for no reason other than they suspect they have covid. Id be interested to know how many of those 164 actually require hospitalisation for their symptoms.

Yes, a lot of people are going to hospital because they’re worried. But the anti-vax brigade aren’t worried about Covid, so they must have symptoms causing them to be worried enough to seek medical attention.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
If they have been admitted,they require hospitalization,otherwise they get turned away or processed and told to leave if not needing hospitalization.
Do you really believe that hospitals have enough spare beds to take in people who are not requiring hospitalization?
They try to get anyone not truly needing a bed out the door....
I am sure there are many panicking and turning up to a hospital but they do not get admitted unless requiring a bed,they may get a few checks in ER like a chest x-ray or a quick check over but this is not being hospitalized.
80 percent unvaxed,so does that mean the unvaxed are losing their **** and turning up to hospitals unecessarily and clogging up the hospitals for people more needy?

Last edited:
If they have been admitted,they require hospitalization,otherwise they get turned away or processed and told to leave if not needing hospitalization.
Do you really believe that hospitals have enough spare beds to take in people who are not requiring hospitalization?
They try to get anyone not truly needing a bed out the door....
I am sure there are many panicking and turning up to a hospital but they do not get admitted unless requiring a bed,they may get a few checks in ER like a chest x-ray or a quick check over but this is not being hospitalized.
80 percent unvaxed,so does that mean the unvaxed are losing their **** and turning up to hospitals unecessarily and clogging up the hospitals for people more needy?
No what I'm saying is a lot of people who are in hospital are there for other reasons and are testing positive for covid.
People are clogging the emergency waiting room for no reason im not saying hospitals are taking people in for a sniffle.

Most people in hospital are there for other reasons and happen to have covid but the media are reporting as all people there with covid as if they are all there "because" of covid. There is a massive difference there! As mentioned earlier, 2 weeks ago in QLD 70 in hospital with covid and only 1 there "because" of covid.

Yes, a lot of people are going to hospital because they’re worried. But the anti-vax brigade aren’t worried about Covid, so they must have symptoms causing them to be worried enough to seek medical attention.
I wasn't debating vaccinated V unvaccinated at all, you completely misread what I was saying. I'm clearly stating that most in hospital are not there "because" of covid. A lot of idiots are going to emergency for no reason and as smoking jo said they would he turned away. Im saying that the majority of those in hospital "with" covid are not actually there "because" of covid

Kevinward777

First Grader
I wasn't debating vaccinated V unvaccinated at all, you completely misread what I was saying. I'm clearly stating that most in hospital are not there "because" of covid. A lot of idiots are going to emergency for no reason and as smoking jo said they would he turned away. Im saying that the majority of those in hospital "with" covid are not actually there "because" of covid
A very similar thing has been occuring with deaths. If a person died from almost anything while Covid positive, or in some cases, within 30 days of catching Covid, it was chalked up as a "Covid death."

Kevinward777

First Grader
Are you being deliberately obtuse or are you just thick? “Natural immunity” means you’ve caught it and recovered. As the figures I provided earlier highlight, relying on “natural immunity” is more likely to land you in ICU than if you’re vaccinated.

You’ve essentially said you’d rather catch Covid than be vaccinated. Finally, you’ve admitted you’re an anti-vaxxer.
I'm both obtuse and thick.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
No what I'm saying is a lot of people who are in hospital are there for other reasons and are testing positive for covid.
People are clogging the emergency waiting room for no reason im not saying hospitals are taking people in for a sniffle.

Most people in hospital are there for other reasons and happen to have covid but the media are reporting as all people there with covid as if they are all there "because" of covid. There is a massive difference there! As mentioned earlier, 2 weeks ago in QLD 70 in hospital with covid and only 1 there "because" of covid.
Are you basing this on what your personal GP is telling you?
I would not assume that a regular GP would have extensive knowledge of what is going on at hospitals,for me I have friends who ae ambos on the front line who say different....
Reports say hospitalized because of covid,if you think they are lying or manipulating then so be it....

Are you basing this on what your personal GP is telling you?
I would not assume that a regular GP would have extensive knowledge of what is going on at hospitals,for me I have friends who ae ambos on the front line who say different....
Reports say hospitalized because of covid,if you think they are lying or manipulating then so be it....
I'm basing it on the fact last week QLD had 70 cases of covid in hospital BUT only 1 there because of covid. Two totally different stats. The stats actually say "WITH" covid not because of covid... Don't get me wrong, Im not anti vac or into conspiracy theories at all but surely you can see there has been quite a bit of spin on the numbers... reports on hospitalisation and deaths every year from the "normal flu" are extreme aswell, with such high vaccination rates our death rate is actually much lower than the normal flu, I don't get the hysteria (now we have a 90% vaccination rate) obviously it was more deadly early on but not anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18