more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinward777

First Grader
79000 plus adverse reactions - from a vaccine that has no data about the long term effect on people's health. Imagine if this information was available at the beginning of the roll out. Fingers crossed it doesn't cause long term harm to many in years to come.

Last edited:

Kevinward777

First Grader
It's no different to the way they changed their tune from that which was spun in March and April. Remember how they said the virus can't host in a vaccinated person, and it would stop transmission? Now, they say we are less likely to get sick and die. That's a big, big, difference. It blows my mind that people don't seem to care. Whoops you all got it wrong, yeah, that's okay. No problem.

Even worse are the people who say they never claimed that at all - talk about simple minded.

Kevinward777

First Grader
There's literally hundreds more. Now they are reporting that a third dose will greatly reduce transmission as in the article below.

Kevinward777

First Grader
I have posted these articles as a few on here have asked for information. I have only posted articles from sources deemed trustworthy by the mainstream media.

Volley

Bencher
I think trying to make the point that because vaccinated people can die from Covid it means the vaccine doesn’t provide any benefit is a very weak argument.

It clearly helps in reducing transmission and severe illness.

I’d like some creditable sources of either:
1. Covid not being dangerous; or
2. Vaccines not providing any substantial benefit.

That pile of **** Rafferty posted earlier contains neither. The fact you need boosters doesn’t qualify for 2, as this has been common knowledge once mutations started appearing.

Why do you trust the tetanus vaccine but not any Covid vaccines?

Kevinward777

First Grader
I think trying to make the point that because vaccinated people can die from Covid it means the vaccine doesn’t provide any benefit is a very weak argument.

It clearly helps in reducing transmission and severe illness.

I’d like some creditable sources of either:
1. Covid not being dangerous; or
2. Vaccines not providing any substantial benefit.

That pile of **** Rafferty posted earlier contains neither. The fact you need boosters doesn’t qualify for 2, as this has been common knowledge once mutations started appearing.

Why do you trust the tetanus vaccine but not any Covid vaccines?
Because the tetanus boosters went through a decade or more of clinical trials. Aaaaand the narrative around these Covid vaccinations changes on a weekly basis. In September Israel was reported as winning the Covid war after administering the third booster. In December they are rolling out a fourth as Omicron runs rampant. Then there's the 79000 plus adverse reactions in Australia alone. That might also have something to do with my reluctance to go and get the booster.

Volley

Bencher
Because the tetanus boosters went through a decade or more of clinical trials. Aaaaand the narrative around these Covid vaccinations changes on a weekly basis. In September Israel was reported as winning the Covid war after administering the third booster. In December they are rolling out a fourth as Omicron runs rampant. Then there's the 79000 plus adverse reactions in Australia alone. That might also have something to do with my reluctance to go and get the booster.

Thanks for answering.

Unfortunately we couldn’t really wait a decade with this one. The danger was already here and needed action.

Viruses mutate, maybe the next variant will be even more dangerous and more resistant to vaccination. Maybe it will be milder. Vaccines provide the best way of avoiding further mutations.

Unfortunately a lot of things cause adverse reactions, after every vaccine you have to wait around 10-15 minutes to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction. They know the signs of serious adverse reactions with vaccines and how to treat it. The death rate from Covid itself dwarfs the death rate from vaccines though.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Sadly, all the overnight deaths were either double or triple vaccinated. I guess they might ask what was the point if they were still with us.
Does make you wonder, just how many more deaths there would be without the vaccine or booster and many more serious cases in hospital there would be.
A friend sadly passed away in a car accident when another car plowed into him, he was wearing a seatbelt, I guess he could ask the same thing if he was still with us.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
I have posted these articles as a few on here have asked for information. I have only posted articles from sources deemed trustworthy by the mainstream media.
Thanks for posting them up Kev.
Though I haven't fully read through all, I did notice words just as May, Could, most etc, so my personal interpretation is that despite the overall content of the articles, there was never a 100% guarantee that vaccines would 100% cover deaths, transmissions etc. only reduce the chance.
Add to that the natural mutations and of course vaccines may lose their effectiveness against new variants which then require new doses. It isn't unusual, the Flu vac gets tweaked every year, the only unusual point to me is the short gap for this one, but then as Noval virus, is that to be expected with very fast mutations. I dont know, only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18