• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah not sure, You would think he has most of next year to decide. No doubt his managers will be testing the waters.
We'd be crazy to pay any of his freight, because even the cheapest halfback replacements are expensive so we'd end up with nil or negligible cap benefit. However, if a team wanted him badly and offered full pay (or more) then we probably wouldn't stand in his way (after pretending we would, for the purpose of negotiation) ;)

Been saying it for a while, this team lacks leadership.

I made an unpopular thread asking about that a week ago.

Whatever it is, leadership, team morale, comradery... I just don't see it in our team at the moment. Maybe it's as simple as us just needing to win some more football games but I doubt it.

DCE has one more year on his deal before the two year option (in his favour) kicks in. There is a big chance he will test the market next year. Who knows where that might end up.
But if he does test the market no club will be offering him anywhere near as much as Manly, so to move him on Manly will need to pay a large chunk of his salary to play against us. We'll have the same situation that we faced this year with Api....
and we know how that is turning out.

But if he does test the market no club will be offering him anywhere near as much as Manly, so to move him on Manly will need to pay a large chunk of his salary to play against us. We'll have the same situation that we faced this year with Api....
and we know how that is turning out.

Also ... does any 10 year one club salary cap dispensation kick in next year for DCE ??

DCE has one more year on his deal before the two year option (in his favour) kicks in. There is a big chance he will test the market next year. Who knows where that might end up.
Are you sure his contract has an "option" ? would like to see a link confirming that. I though it was just a straight up 8 year deal.

Anyway it's a moot point, I sincerely doubt any club will pay him the coin we are. And we all know DCE is about doing what is best for his family, so he'll stay on his current contract.

If he wants to test the market it will be a George Constanza type of negotiation

Brisbane may throw the leagues club at DCE because they have nothing and have freed up the Fafita money. If they offered similiar money but over 4 years he could well walk out. One thing is for sure, he won't hang around if a better deal suits him.

I wound love to know what is really going on within this playing group. They have been down for quite some time and there must division within the camp.

Whether lack of concentration or footy ability , just making too many unforced errors game after game for quite some time now . must have one of the worst completion rates in the comp , maybe with the exception with the Warriors match . Consequently just seem constantly on the back foot for a good part of games and do not regroup well . If there were more top line and more experienced players regularly on the field , sure that things would be different and for the better . Being up against it for a good portion of a game would be a morale downer and sap zest for any N R L side and again particularly one down on seasoned and good standard individuals Seem to start O K in most games for the past couple of months , then seem to get into their mistake prone pattern and can not seem to shake. it off for some reason . Sure that a better credentialed spine and less error riddled play will help matters big time . Defence and regardless who is in the game day side has to improve big time also , wooden spoon level for a good part of the past couple of months

The first six weeks of the season, the side was very together and were punching above their weight. There is no doubt that the Fainu situation handicapped the team from the get go and it was evident in those early rounds that our attack looked very clunky and that our defence was getting us results.

Once we lost Tom and Dylan in round 6 the confidence drained from the team. I also believe that the defeats against the Worms in round 4 and Drugcastle in round 8 where questionnable decisions from officials cost us a certain victory and in the other a chance to draw level and force golden point. Those lost 4 points that we didnt get really sapped the confidence of the team.

When AFB had his say against the Ref and it led to 2 weeks of absolute negativity directed at him and our club it just added to the wearing away of confidence.

Since round 10 when the team put in such a big effort to beat the Whingers and it was fuelled by the injustice of round 4 our team has won a paltry 2 games out of 9. In that time the team has conceded 40 points twice, 50+ once and 30 points twice.Our defence has totally falled apart as has the resilience and toughness seen earlierr in the season.

Now we see our best prop wanting out of the club and it done hastily. Something is clearly not right and I witnessed on Saturday a team just not at the races. No effort or heart at times and that was sad to see.

The upcoming months will be all about making the right decisions for 2021. We cannot afford to carry passengers again and we need a coach to understand that you cannot stick with failing players at the expense of untried young players.

I would like to see Des appoint a guy like Glenn Stewart as his assistant as we need continuity in our club and a succession plan. The lessons of the last 5 years must be learned. We cannot afford to fritter away the legacy of good young players and allow them to thrive at other clubs when we have deficiencies in our club.

We need committment from the head office down the playing group. We cant afford another season like this one!

We'd be crazy to pay any of his freight, because even the cheapest halfback replacements are expensive so we'd end up with nil or negligible cap benefit. However, if a team wanted him badly and offered full pay (or more) then we probably wouldn't stand in his way (after pretending we would, for the purpose of negotiation) ;)
I don’t think we are obligated to pay any freight if he takes up his option. It will be interesting to see what unfolds.

Been saying it for a while, this team lacks leadership. DCE might be Captain by name but he is no leader. We need some strong characters who are prepared to set a standard and hold others to that standard. Running around like a blue arsed fly, all frantic and panicky, trying to get involved in every play isn't leadership. Watmough used to do that, they never made him Captain, but you would never fault Choc's effort.

It seems pretty clear that the first 5 years of our 5 year plan haven't worked, so now we are into the second 5 years of our 5 year plan. Looks like we will be going down the youth path next year, Schuster, Funa, Hoppa, Fainu, Guaca, Cust, Harper, Suli....maybe some others. What this squad really needs is a BK signing - Kennedy or Kite type, doesn't matter. Just someone who will lay down a culture, set a standard, meet that standard and hold others to that standard.

Have thought about the Foran signing and whether that ticks that box ?? Foz could be inspirational, a follow me type leader. He definitely has links to the past core group that was responsible for the culture that gave us a decade of success. Maybe he can resurrect that ??

Otherwise we need to buy someone who can fill that leadership role.
I agree largely with this but it’s very hard to buy in a leader that will instantly be in tune with the Manly culture BK was a 1 off could we get JWH back?

And neither would being led by a 1.3 million dollar cat that panicks in attack like an under 12 and rushes in in defence yet still runs these stupid team huddles with him in the centre trying to "set an example" as this great (myth) leader he is!
Yes we are paying the price of over paying for DCE

Our backline moves are something from an under 7's competition compared to etam like the raiders, storm and roosters

Our backs hardly score tries

Last edited:
I agree largely with this but it’s very hard to buy in a leader that will instantly be in tune with the Manly culture BK was a 1 off could we get JWH back?

He recently re-signed with the Roosters, and we won't be able to match the golf handicap anyway.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8