Mensa Candidate Todd Greenturd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Idiot thinks crowds are down because the stadiums aren't rectangles. Maybe it's because you can buy 65 inch tv's for under $1,000 and not deal with traffic and price gouging. Or just stream it on your phone from wherever you have to be...

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg says getting Sydney’s stadiums right is the key to fixing the game’s attendance problems.

Average attendance for the NRL is down in 2017, with Greenberg saying there are a few key elements concerning Sydney’s stadiums that will get footy fans back through the turnstiles.

“This year we’re about one and a half percentage points down, and the true reality of that is we won’t shift crowds up until we can get the stadium network right in this city,” Greenberg said on NRL360.

“We’re right on the precipice with the New South Wales government of allocating the best part of $1.5 billion and if we get that right I think that will have the biggest impact we can have on crowds.

“It’s a three stage process. Stage one is Parramatta Stadium, which will be open – give or take – in March 2019. 30,000 seats, purpose built rectangular stadium.

“It hasn’t been done in this city for a generation and that will change the landscape unbelievably so for club footy.

“Second is to make sure ANZ Stadium is a purpose built rectangular stadium. Turn that into the very best rectangular stadium we can find in the Southern Hemisphere.

“And third – if we can find some additional money, which I hope we can – is to put that into Allianz Stadium.

“If we get that outcome it will change the landscape for fans in Sydney.”

The NRL boss admitted refereeing and cost were also factors of declining attendance, but said the game is working on those issues.

“It’s not just about ticket prices, it’s about parking, it’s about transport, it’s about food and beverage,” he said.

“I acknowledge that those are all challenges for us and that’s the sort of thing we’ve gotta get right in the next cycle, because we’re in a competitive market place to get people to footy.

“The game itself is wonderful, but there are other barriers to get people in.”

5649730+_f553255da7af76d76eacc7f0d858fb2b.png

The erosion of tribal club affiliations in Sydney is the biggest failure of the game over the last 20 years. The so-called major stadia policy will be a further nail in the coffin. Fix the transfer system, fix suburban grounds, restore home semifinals, slash ticket prices.

In the 2016/17 NBL season, Adelaide 36ers management had a number of regular season games where general admission tickets for 36ers home games were capped at $10 which is less than half what it normally costs. It worked and Adelaide went from playing in a half full stadium (Titanium Security Arena seats 8,000) to playing in front of a full house at a number of games. People started going back to games because the club and the NBL recognised that ticket prices were a big reason they weren't filling venues, even some of the smaller ones.

Now I know that an 8,000 seat basketball stadium is different to a 20,000+ capacity league venue and filling it would be easier. But the point is that with ticket prices suddenly at an affordable level, fans started going to games because they, especially families, weren't forced to cough up almost half their pay cheque just to get in.

The NRL could learn something from that.....

Todd makes it sound as though he has the ability to allocate and spend state government funding. What a goose.

I just wish that rather than trying to replicate the AFL policy (which could only work in a town like Melbourne anyway) they actually tried to understand what makes league special and plan that way

Also this is just about a legacy for Greenburg- something he can point to in years to come rather than good for the game

Gotta post the link!!!!

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ttendances-are-down/hu75oqm46c6o12f4tlq9iilo6

Also gburg said:

He admitted the decision to allow Sia Soliola to remain on the field after hitting Billy Slater high and late a couple of months ago was a mistake by the referee.

didn't think you were allowed to criticize the referees! (I know it's integrity but baz only criticized and still got slugged)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/d0e782a73c0e6f1b58109a9c6f4000dd

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4