Mensa Candidate Todd Greenturd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just wish that rather than trying to replicate the AFL policy (which could only work in a town like Melbourne anyway) they actually tried to understand what makes league special and plan that way

Also this is just about a legacy for Greenburg- something he can point to in years to come rather than good for the game
I actually think he has a real hard-on for Roger Goodell's style of commissioning. He's hoping to replicate the NFL's stadium policy albeit minus the gouging of local communities, probably more so because you can't actually do that here. But maybe if all of Todd's dreams come true, the new NRL SUPER RECTANGLE stadium can lead to great stories like this:

http://deadspin.com/the-49ers-stadium-is-as-empty-as-it-deserves-to-be-1803139723

Idiot thinks crowds are down because the stadiums aren't rectangles. Maybe it's because you can buy 65 inch tv's for under $1,000 and not deal with traffic and price gouging. Or just stream it on your phone from wherever you have to be...

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg says getting Sydney’s stadiums right is the key to fixing the game’s attendance problems.

Average attendance for the NRL is down in 2017, with Greenberg saying there are a few key elements concerning Sydney’s stadiums that will get footy fans back through the turnstiles.

“This year we’re about one and a half percentage points down, and the true reality of that is we won’t shift crowds up until we can get the stadium network right in this city,” Greenberg said on NRL360.

“We’re right on the precipice with the New South Wales government of allocating the best part of $1.5 billion and if we get that right I think that will have the biggest impact we can have on crowds.

“It’s a three stage process. Stage one is Parramatta Stadium, which will be open – give or take – in March 2019. 30,000 seats, purpose built rectangular stadium.

“It hasn’t been done in this city for a generation and that will change the landscape unbelievably so for club footy.

“Second is to make sure ANZ Stadium is a purpose built rectangular stadium. Turn that into the very best rectangular stadium we can find in the Southern Hemisphere.

“And third – if we can find some additional money, which I hope we can – is to put that into Allianz Stadium.

“If we get that outcome it will change the landscape for fans in Sydney.”

The NRL boss admitted refereeing and cost were also factors of declining attendance, but said the game is working on those issues.

“It’s not just about ticket prices, it’s about parking, it’s about transport, it’s about food and beverage,” he said.

“I acknowledge that those are all challenges for us and that’s the sort of thing we’ve gotta get right in the next cycle, because we’re in a competitive market place to get people to footy.

“The game itself is wonderful, but there are other barriers to get people in.”
I watched it and spat !!!

So let me try and understand Greenturds philosophy
We don't go to games cause we need purpose built rectangular stadiums hmm all the grounds are rectangular except ANZ am I missing something???

I am guessing his words of wisdom that he actually bothered reading some of the feedback from the nrl's fan surveys. Guarantee most people would have had a dig at the poor reffing standards. However the rectangular stadium garbage will have been fed to him straight from his equally corrupt buddy stupid ayres

Can someone tell Greenturd that Brookie is a rectangular ground. This makes it ideal for finals by his reckoning.

He stated last night it would be a huge step backwards to play finals at those grounds

If you want an example of the quality of this buffoon, he has stated this morning the Dally Ms will go ahead with or without the players. Guess he will accept every award himself then

You cant fix dwindling crowds by moving games further away from where people live. If you want a central stadium policy get in a time machine and go back about 100 years and allocate some land for stadiums near central station or level the botanical gardens. Im sure we would have to rename maquaries chair in honour of greenderg

Sydney is a planning nightmare, it is what it is and the nrl has to be smart enough to accept the lay of the land becuase it looks like they just dont understand Sydney, the content suppliers or the fans

Melbourne have there **** together, even the city of brisbane has its **** together but sydney as a city, as beautiful and diverse as it is has not been set up for major sporting events that require grass.

Every time i hear greenderg talk about it being the saviour of crowds all i hear is ch 9 and fox would love to cut costs and these stadiums structure will give me a few years of excuses for him to use as a reason for his laclustre performance

The only way the nrl could make this work is around scheduling. People may be more inclined to go to games at 2 pm , so if 5 or 6 games were at 2 pm saturday and Sunday, fans may make the journey. But scheduling for the good of the game is never on the table.

The friday night scene for the broncs work because plenty of young pissheads pub crawl from work to start the night off and families can train , or bus directly under the stadium and be back out in the suburbs where they parked there car 30 minutes after the siren. This can not ever happen in sydney so comparing them is like comparing apples with jellyfish

If todd spent as much time working with the clubs as he does the networks interest he could be administrator of the year,

He just doesnt ever look like he represents the clubs at all. In fact he looks like he hates them

It was good to hear Kent give it to him Greenburg is a puppet for a dishonest corporation that milks the fans for all they have and he will never take responsibility when he is put on the spot.

I was dissapointed in Rothfield.
Recently he wrote about the need for money to be pumped into suburban grounds and last night didn't challenge Turdburger on his stupid, misguided views.
Back in the drawer Rothfield you jub !!

You cant fix dwindling crowds by moving games further away from where people live. If you want a central stadium policy get in a time machine and go back about 100 years and allocate some land for stadiums near central station or level the botanical gardens. Im sure we would have to rename maquaries chair in honour of greenderg

Sydney is a planning nightmare, it is what it is and the nrl has to be smart enough to accept the lay of the land becuase it looks like they just dont understand Sydney, the content suppliers or the fans

Melbourne have there **** together, even the city of brisbane has its **** together but sydney as a city, as beautiful and diverse as it is has not been set up for major sporting events that require grass.

Every time i hear greenderg talk about it being the saviour of crowds all i hear is ch 9 and fox would love to cut costs and these stadiums structure will give me a few years of excuses for him to use as a reason for his laclustre performance

The only way the nrl could make this work is around scheduling. People may be more inclined to go to games at 2 pm , so if 5 or 6 games were at 2 pm saturday and Sunday, fans may make the journey. But scheduling for the good of the game is never on the table.

The friday night scene for the broncs work because plenty of young pissheads pub crawl from work to start the night off and families can train , or bus directly under the stadium and be back out in the suburbs where they parked there car 30 minutes after the siren. This can not ever happen in sydney so comparing them is like comparing apples with jellyfish

If todd spent as much time working with the clubs as he does the networks interest he could be administrator of the year,

He just doesnt ever look like he represents the clubs at all. In fact he looks like he hates them
Agree with all of this, except we would actually have to go back 200 years to get the planning right. It was already a big city and buggered by 1917.

Just to muddy the argument. . .
North Sydney Oval attracted a sell-out crowd of 20,000+ for the rugby union final a few weeks ago. That is an 'oval' shaped ground.
While rectangular grounds are ideal for league and union, the size of the ground is of greater important. When the ground is too big the views - and the atmosphere - diminish.
But the most important factor in getting crowds at grounds is location. Locals flock to Brookie, Shark Park, Leichhardt, Kogarah and Winn because it is convenient for home fans. The quality of the facilities is secondary. Thousands like me prefer to sit on a small patch of grass on the Hill at Brookie than a plastic seat in the Never-Never that is ANZ Stadium.

Agree with all of this, except we would actually have to go back 200 years to get the planning right. It was already a big city and buggered by 1917.

Your probably right. Im not much for details or research unless it involves holidays or recreation.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6