• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

As a Manly Fan my view on membership is

• I am a member and will renew in 2019.

• I am a member and won't be renewing in 2019.

• I will be a new/lapsed member joining in 2019.

• I am a lapsed member and won't renew until the club sorts out the current chaos.

• I will rejoin/become a member if we get an ex Manly player as head coach

• Haven't made my mind up yet.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bill Hamilton

Reserve Grader
I am interested in peoples thoughts about membership. As with most polls the answers never seem to accommodate everyone's thoughts if you have a differing opinion post away.

I vowed not to renew after Tooves got sacked and I have kept to my word, but was thinking about coming in from the cold in 2019. I won't even contemplate rejoining if Barrett or Cartwright are head coach for part or all of the 2019 season

The best thing we can do, is to sign up to the football club. The more members there are in the real football club the better the protection for the club. Supporter memberships help the bottom line but essentially mean nothing. It should be called a supportership as you are a member of nothing.

Im not saying Don’t support the club via a supportership, of course we need to do that also to ensure our survival. However the football club needs to get everyone on board that is a supporter also.

I'm not renewing will look at joining football club. I should clarify that's if we front up with Carty if the club bring in someone else I will reconsider but Carty doesn't deserve a promotion he has been Barrett's co driver.

Last edited:
Too soon to vote.

If all we get is Cartwrong I’m probably out for the first time in a decade .

The other stuff will sort itself out but Cartwrong is just “ same **** different day”.

And I can’t accept that .
I’m curious what would people do if we had cartwrong and then won say the first 6 in a row? To be honest I think everyone is placing a lot of emphasis on him as an assistant when really we have absolutely no idea what he did cause he had a boss.

I don’t think he’s the bees knees or anything but I think with this squad a decent coach and a good man manager could make the finals easily. Who fits that bill is another question. Maybe we should stop looking at previous head coaches and think about someone like O’Brien who was at the storm.

I’m curious what would people do if we had cartwrong and then won say the first 6 in a row? To be honest I think everyone is placing a lot of emphasis on him as an assistant when really we have absolutely no idea what he did cause he had a boss.

I don’t think he’s the bees knees or anything but I think with this squad a decent coach and a good man manager could make the finals easily. Who fits that bill is another question. Maybe we should stop looking at previous head coaches and think about someone like O’Brien who was at the storm.
Yes, Adam O’Brien I think, certainty worth a look, and he’d understand the Bellamy method.

If I take a stance like others and not renew, then Manly may not stay in the NRL. As much as I dislike the way the club's being run, I'll still renew my memberships. Not having Manly to support is unimaginable!

I would like to talk it up, and say I won’t renew again but who am I kidding. I am Manly and the club needs me more now than ever.

If I choose not to renew and the club folds due to low crowd figures, low memberships etc...I would be guilty for the rest of my life that I didn’t help when the chips were down.

No ones gonna care if we make a stand against the way Penn runs the show by not supporting and then we fold. We are ripe for the picking and if we don’t do something the grim reaper will appear and it’s no more eagles.

Not on my watch

Go Manly

Ps. #bringbacktooves

Yes, Adam O’Brien I think, certainty worth a look, and he’d understand the Bellamy method.

The interesting thing about this comment, and allow me to indulge in an AFL analogy. Hawthorn has been a dynasty for the past decade. They won in 08-13-14-15. All the assistant coaches at Hawthorn went on to win premierships in 16 Western Bulldogs - Luke Beveridge, 17 Richmond - Damien Hardwicke, 18 West Coast - Adam Simpson.

So the point I’m making here is a guy like O’Brien from a top system may be an astute buy. In fact, Tooves came from a successful system and aside from poor refereeing, would have won a premiership.

I will be renewing, not for Penn but for Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. I would rather be a member of a poor run, bad result club that I love, and be frustrated to all hell, than not a member because the club does not exist.
I would be a hypocrite demanding Penn stump up his cash for the team if I wasn't prepared to do so myself. Not saying anyone else is by taking whatever stance they feel, just my thoughts personally.
PS also member of Football Club.

What a ride it is being a Sea Eagle Supporter!!!

#LongliveManlyWarringahSeaEagles.

Penn said we are not going anywhere so there goes that debate.....
We already have the lowest cumulative crowds/members. Why is this?
Because we are a poorly run franchise who treats Club legends abhorrently.
Im not interested in chipping in to prop up a franchise whose decisions i dont agree with, on and off the field. I was a member for many years untill the whole results driven business debacle.

I am still a member of the District Football Club.

If I take a stance like others and not renew, then Manly may not stay in the NRL. As much as I dislike the way the club's being run, I'll still renew my memberships. Not having Manly to support is unimaginable!
Would you say "Manly" is CURRENTLY in the NRL? The Manly I knew and loved has died. This abomination is laughable though. No passion, pride, or culture. It's dead and gone.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2