Membership Pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Guzzler

Reserve Grader
It's a tough job organising pack fulfillment for NRL/AFL teams, We (my work) look after 3 clubs and this time of the year is just crazy.

As a fan and someone that is involved in this side of things I can see the frustration from both sides.

Clint

Tipping Member
Larissa said:
Clint said:
Hopefully before December 25. ;)

Hopefully..! This is one of my biggest stresses!

@[Larrisa]

Hey Larissa,

dont stress it. If it makes it, it makes it. If it doesn't the sun will still come up tomorrow. :)

Have a great Christmas

Larissa

Bencher
Thanks Clint.

You would be surprised how stressed some Members can be if their pack doesn't arrive for Christmas.

You have a great Christmas too!

Tareeeagle

Reserve Grader
I can understand why people would get ansy this time of year if there is a problem with their memberships. I wonder how many are bought as Christmas Gifts?? (I know 50% of mine are for just that reason). It looks like this year the pack will be just about all I will get out of my membership as the draw has put the kibosh on my getting from Taree for many home games. It costs enough as it is to get to Brookvale and pay for accomodation without having to give up one or two days of work for the honor of getting to a Thursday, Friday or Monday game. It will really make me consider whether a membership is the way to go next year, and I definitely won't be signing up for anything until the draw comes out. Until members get some consideration with scheduling I can only see member numbers falling, especially out of towners.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Tareeeagle said:
I can understand why people would get ansy this time of year if there is a problem with their memberships. I wonder how many are bought as Christmas Gifts?? (I know 50% of mine are for just that reason). It looks like this year the pack will be just about all I will get out of my membership as the draw has put the kibosh on my getting from Taree for many home games. It costs enough as it is to get to Brookvale and pay for accomodation without having to give up one or two days of work for the honor of getting to a Thursday, Friday or Monday game. It will really make me consider whether a membership is the way to go next year, and I definitely won't be signing up for anything until the draw comes out. Until members get some consideration with scheduling I can only see member numbers falling, especially out of towners.

100% right.

The motivation of the broadcaster is to increase the television audience. Only thing is, can you imagine the game with crowds of 1000 ?

Its a shortsighted attitude from Ch Nein. If they don't look after the fans, the game will suffer and there will be nothing for them to broadcast.

Stop treating us like mugs. The A-League have shown how much big crowds add to a match.

The draw being announced way in advance only highlights the agenda of the broadcaster...and we're not included.

bones

Bones Knows
Tareeeagle said:

It all depends which way you look at it. You either get a membership for your own benefit, or you get a membership for the clubs benefit. The club had no control over the draw so not renewing your membership next year because of the draw is ridiculous. If you can't make the number of games you would like to, then there is still a membership to suit your needs. Not renewing your membership hurts the club, not the NRL. Instead of not renewing, why not change membership package? Why hurt the club over something out of their control?
And if the memberships are not ready by Christmas, so be it. Instead of whinging about it we should all be thanking Larissa who is working her ass off trying to make sure they are ready.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
TBH I treat the membership as a way of saying thanks to my beloved Manly club for another great year of memories. If I get a hat out of it,great. :)

bones

Bones Knows
wombatgc said:
TBH I treat the membership as a way of saying thanks to my beloved Manly club for another great year of memories. If I get a hat out of it,great. :)

That's the attitude we should all have.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's ironical that its great for clubs to sell memberships and get big numbers at games, and the very people who fund the game with big dollars want us all to stay home and watch it on tv, I'll always support my club regardless of draws but I agree I think it will be a hard road to see an increase if this scheduling continues.

Brewski

Reserve Grader
Maybe a thought for future years is when selling memberships before Xmas you just have a check box with the people who would like their membership before Xmas as a present or people like me who just dont care when it arrives as long as it gets here.

Also I like the fridge magnet. I enjoy looking at it and it annoys my house mates :)

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
wombatgc said:

Hats are over-rated!! :p

Mark from Brisbane said:
It's ironical that its great for clubs to sell memberships and get big numbers at games, and the very people who fund the game with big dollars want us all to stay home and watch it on tv.

Now I'm not sure if you used 'ironical' as a proper or idiosyncratic representation of the correct word, ironic!

Ironic, isn't it.

However as bones said, there are membership packages that are for people who cant get to games (like me) so you can still feel a part of the club and get a crappy fridge magnet to boot!

I also joined the leagues club this year but I don't see me getting down to 'the club' to enjoy a coldie anytime soon. It's just a few bucks to say - have some support champs.

Go Manly!

simon64

Premium Member
Tipping Member
bones said:
Tareeeagle said:

It all depends which way you look at it. You either get a membership for your own benefit, or you get a membership for the clubs benefit. The club had no control over the draw so not renewing your membership next year because of the draw is ridiculous. If you can't make the number of games you would like to, then there is still a membership to suit your needs. Not renewing your membership hurts the club, not the NRL. Instead of not renewing, why not change membership package? Why hurt the club over something out of their control?
And if the memberships are not ready by Christmas, so be it. Instead of whinging about it we should all be thanking Larissa who is working her ass off trying to make sure they are ready.

I'll always renew Bones and I do get the membership that suits my needs.

My point with the scheduling is that it will have an impact on casual attendees who Nein are seemingly trying to keep at home instead of building the atmosphere at games.

From all reports, they are also trying to centralise the grounds to the SFS and ANZ so they don't have to lug the gear around as often which costs a packet. Not sure how much they can influence government spending but you never know.

And as for Larissa, no-one could ever criticise the job she does. She is a dead set champion. If the membership comes before Christmas, great. If not, it's no big deal to me. I hereby volunteer to have mine sent out last so the "present' memberships can get to Santa.

Larissa

Bencher
It really is interesting to see the way our fans have reacted to the fixed scheduling. Taking away games out of it, our home game schedule is pretty similar to the past few years. Having all the cards laid out on the table so early certainly has resulted in more feedback in the draw than usual!

In terms of membership pack delivery, I certainly do understand why everyone wants those packs in time for Santa. I guess I was more referring to the way some fans communicate their disappointment with us, rather than the fact they were unhappy.

The membership team work very hard and do a great job. It can be hard to see the team being yelled at just before Christmas when mr postman doesn't get there in time! So please be assured, my biggest priority right now is getting those packs delivered on time!

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Sorry Larissa, but last season we had 3 Monday night games....4 home Sundays....3 away Sundays......so its not really like the 2013 season draw we are stuck with. i Know u have to talk it up...but its gunna be hard to justify, to a lot of people, why join??

ayjay007

Bencher
Frogz said:
Sorry Larissa, but last season we had 3 Monday night games....4 home Sundays....3 away Sundays......so its not really like the 2013 season draw we are stuck with. i Know u have to talk it up...but its gunna be hard to justify, to a lot of people, why join??

and as I posted elsewhere...The daughter's season ticket at $30 was good value.It's the full season hill m'ship that I'm now regreting buying.Nothing against the club,but I WILL be waiting for the draw for '14 before I consider anything next year.

simon64

Premium Member
Tipping Member
ayjay007 said:
Frogz said:

and as I posted elsewhere...The daughter's season ticket at $30 was good value.It's the full season hill m'ship that I'm now regreting buying.Nothing against the club,but I WILL be waiting for the draw for '14 before I consider anything next year.

I only buy the 3 game pass because, even though I live in Sydney, I know getting to 10 games is a physical impossibility.

The scheduling has done nothing to boost crowd numbers or memberships.

Mals

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
simon64 said:
I only buy the 3 game pass because, even though I live in Sydney, I know getting to 10 games is a physical impossibility.

The scheduling has done nothing to boost crowd numbers or memberships.

I buy the 10 game season GA pass knowing I won't get to all of them. Will be aiming to see 7 Brookie games, anymore than that will be a bonus.

Larissa - probably time to bring back the 6 game membership.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16