Mega Brookie/4 Pines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Am I alone in thinking that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Stadium Australia in its current form? The thought of knocking it down and rebuilding was out-fkn-rageous to me.. It's 22 bloody years old.
Not alone at all , yes it’s a **** place to watch a game but why knock down a perfectly good stadium that can be used for multiple needs just so the fans can get closer.

Oh that’s right , for votes…….**** me!!!

How big is the new SFS going to be? Is it around 55-60k like Lang Park?

Do we really need an 80k seat stadium in Sydney for 2 games a season? It just looks stupid watching regular season games played in an 80% empty stadium.

Id prefer the 60k at Moore Park and more around the size of Parramatta Stadium or AAMI Park splattered around the city.

Not alone at all , yes it’s a **** place to watch a game but why knock down a perfectly good stadium that can be used for multiple needs just so the fans can get closer.

It didn't stop them demolishing SFS and Parra stadium

Name the sport? AFL abandoned it for the nearby Showground. Wrong shape for cricket so only gets the occasional T20 with 10k crowd. Soccer & Fugby will be lining up to play out of the new Alliance (not to mention the NRL)

The stadium was designed with the Olympics in mind some 30+ years ago (designs had to be finalised prior to the decision to award in 1993?)

Sorry, but Its days are numbered.

Name the sport? AFL abandoned it for the nearby Showground. Wrong shape for cricket so only gets the occasional T20 with 10k crowd. Soccer & Fugby will be lining up to play out of the new Alliance (not to mention the NRL)

The stadium was designed with the Olympics in mind some 30+ years ago (designs had to be finalised prior to the decision to award in 1993?)

Originally the ground had a capacity of 100,000+. I was one of the 106,000 that watched the first RL match there - a double-header in which we lost. I thought the stands were on some sort of sliding rails so they could move in tighter. Perhaps they have reached their limit.

So we now do “ boutique stadiums “ just to cater for whatever’s happening at the time??

So they knock it down spend 1.3 billion to rebuild and then when Sydney bids for the 2034 Commonwealth Games we knock it down again and build one suitable for a “ games venue “!!

Yep that’s why we have **** roads , ambulance ramping and not enough community housing because they spend the bank on new sports stadiums , bugger me , what next !

How big is the new SFS going to be? Is it around 55-60k like Lang Park?

Do we really need an 80k seat stadium in Sydney for 2 games a season? It just looks stupid watching regular season games played in an 80% empty stadium.

Id prefer the 60k at Moore Park and more around the size of Parramatta Stadium or AAMI Park splattered around the city.

New SFS - same as b4 - 42k.

My opinion no way we get any more money to many people complaining and to close to an election Penrith will get done but we miss out again.

10 months to nest election if Minns gets in no way a cent gets spent om us. So unless it is announced and started in the next 10 months (no chance of it starting) it would get cancelled imo...

So we now do “ boutique stadiums “ just to cater for whatever’s happening at the time??

So they knock it down spend 1.3 billion to rebuild and then when Sydney bids for the 2034 Commonwealth Games we knock it down again and build one suitable for a “ games venue “!!

Yep that’s why we have **** roads , ambulance ramping and not enough community housing because they spend the bank on new sports stadiums , bugger me , what nex
I suggest you take that up with Anastasia and her cronies

@XV-1 not sure what you disagree with?

Capacity for the SFS will be between 42,500 and 45,000

Capacity is not 45k

Allianz Stadium Details​

Address
Moore Park Road, Paddington NSW
Capacity
Seats
42,500 (100% of capacity)

Staff online

• Jethro