Mega Brookie/4 Pines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah, conflicting reports of 42,500 from Infrastructure NSW and 45,000 from the builder..

How does the melbourne park tennis precinct and that sh*tful pissant little AAMI stadium have anything to do with a Rugby World cup venue. What bullsh*t.

It didn't stop them demolishing SFS and Parra stadium
I’d vote for a party if they finish brookvale and promise to knock down all the other stadia, and leave them as demolition sites for the next 100 years. Starting with parra stadium.

How does the melbourne park tennis precinct and that sh*tful pissant little AAMI stadium have anything to do with a Rugby World cup venue. What bullsh*t.
Victorians think any sport that isn’t afl must be rugby.

Perrottet and V’landys shake on $800m deal to upgrade stadiums and keep NRL grand final in Sydney​

A deal has been struck that will deliver at least four upgraded suburban stadiums and keep the NRL Grand Final in Sydney - but it has left “both sides unhappy”.

May 5, 2022 - 5:18AM

A groundbreaking deal that will deliver at least four upgraded stadiums and keep the NRL Grand Final in Sydney has been struck.

Premier Dominic Perrottet and Australian Rugby League Commission chairman Peter V’landys shook hands on the deal after a “robust” meeting last week.

But government sources confirmed there can be no official announcement of the $800 million spend until it has been rubber stamped by the NSW cabinet.
“It was a very robust meeting and both sides walked away unhappy, which probably means it was a good deal for everyone,” Mr V’landys told The Daily Crapograph.

This week Mr Perrottet accused the NRL boss of “circus and theatre” in threatening to take the grand final to Queensland if the suburban stadiums deal was not inked quickly.
On Wednesday Mr V’landys hit back saying: “Dominic Perrottet should know all about circuses considering he runs one in Macquarie Street.

“However, in saying that I have full confidence in him delivering the agreement that we have and have always had with the government on suburban stadiums.”
That deal was to deliver at least four upgraded suburban stadiums with Brookvale Oval, Loser tigersOval, and Shark capcheats Park in Cronulla expected to be upgraded and work on an already announced new stadium at Penrith due to begin in early 2023.
If the deal is rubber stamped the NRL grand final will stay in Sydney. “We honour our promises,” Mr V’landys said.

He has been a passionate advocate for suburban stadiums being “community assets that are part of the suburb and owned by the suburb. The narcs that want to portray them as just for rugby league are wrong.”
The $800 million has already been set aside but its allocation has been brought into question by calls for some of it to be used to put a retractable roof on Accor Stadium. The roof would weatherproof the stadium for live concerts and improve Sydney’s chances of hosting the 2027 Rugby World Cup final and 2034 FIFA World Cup.

Mr V’landys said: “It is good to have the minor sports coming out about Accor Stadium as we have no problem with any expenditure at Accor – that’s a decision for the government not the NRL.”
But he insists it should not be at the cost of the suburban grounds. “We had a deal. The deal was they would spend $800 million on stadiums, but rather than spending it on Accor Stadium, we wanted it spent on suburban stadiums,” he said last week.
The Manly Sea Eagles’ home ground Brookvale Oval is one of the four boutique suburban grounds to be upgraded under the deal. Picture: Richard Dobson

The Manly Sea Eagles’ home ground Brookvale Oval is one of the four boutique suburban grounds to be upgraded under the deal. Picture: Richard Dobson

“The government … is just so slow to move. We want ink on the paper, we want it in writing, and until we get that, the grand final is up for grabs.”

Mr Perrottet said this week: “Last week was just Peter V’landys circus and theatre. That’s what it was. We have an agreement, he knows where we’re going, the grand final is staying and we have said we’d work through suburban stadiums.”
Government sources have told The Daily Crapograph that “there was a constructive discussion on Friday but nothing has been signed. The agreement has to go through cabinet for approval.”

More Coverage​

NSW Sports Minister Stuart Ayres virtually confirmed the deal on Triple M yesterday saying: “We entered into an agreement with the NRL to make sure that we upgraded our stadium infrastructure and as part of that we will have the grand final here for a long time.

“There’s no doubt that there’s a good opportunity for us to upgrade some of the suburban grounds but we want to make sure that we get the mix right and allow teams to play in the venues that best suit them.”

This was on Sunrise this morning. I am guessing the Cabinet approval comments are a red herring and have got to do with RWC 2027 announcement next week which was based on a new roof and seats for the Olympic stadium.

Perrotet will also need to get his Bruz on and start pork barrelling after the Canberra Blue team get knocked around silly in a few weeks.

I am glad we have PvL driving this for Manly as our current and former politicians , owners and administrators have dudded us Manly fans for too long.

Get on with it already!

Because they’re talking about the MCG as the venue, which lies within that precinct, along of course with AAMI Park.

And remember, digest and process information coherently.

Because they’re talking about the MCG as the venue, which lies within that precinct, along of course with AAMI Park.

And remember, digest and process information coherently.
The MCG is big enough to put 2 rugby fields side by side. They should do this and play two games simultaneously, which would be a relief because of all the stoppages in play and viewers could switch between games. Also the added bonus of finishing the tournament in half the time.

The MCG is big enough to put 2 rugby fields side by side. They should do this and play two games simultaneously, which would be a relief because of all the stoppages in play and viewers could switch between games. Also the added bonus of finishing the tournament in half the time.
Genius.

Seriously though it wouldn’t have to be mega dollars to bring Brookie up to scratch.

Oh sure if you knock down everything except the new stand it’s big money but otherwise less than $100 million.

I reckon.

More like $15-20 million.

I reckon.;)
Im just plucking figures out of my arse with no real idea , but I’m thinking of a whole new stand where the hill is , and probably another one to match the COE one at the other end ( the Fulton / Menzies ) , that would have to be circa 50-60 million and surely they’d upgrade the main one with new corporate facilities and seating , so 80-100 million for sure.

Seriously though it wouldn’t have to be mega dollars to bring Brookie up to scratch.

Oh sure if you knock down everything except the new stand it’s big money but otherwise less than $100 million.

I reckon.

$100-150 million sounds about right, knock everything down except the new stand.

Bankwest cost $300 million 3 years ago and there is no way we would be getting anything a big as that.

Typical government though building things in stages.
They should of rebuilt the whole place in one go when they decided to build the new stand.

Hi Mark,

I base mine on -
a quick makeover of the hill:
1. Replace the wooden benches (now over 50 years old) with individual seating;
2. Replace the existing pathway and retaining wall; and
3. Build a path atop the hill and put the kiosk/s behind the hill.

Lyons-Menzies:
1. New seating in the stand (if required);
2. A refurb to the corporate boxes (if required);
3. A strip electronic scoreboard attached to the stand, diagonally opposite the big screen, like the one that adorned the old Bradman Stand at the SCG;
4. New and/or enlarged kiosks/toilets underneath, so that they can banish the demountable ones still sitting there;
5. A raised platform (for better viewing) for standing patrons under the stand; and
6. Replace the wooden bench seats on the perimeter.

Ken Arthurson:
1. Conduct any refurbishments as necessary.

Jane Try:
1. Replace seating (if required);
2. Extend the stand down towards the sideline (incl. in front of the KA Stand). This has been proposed previously and could yield an additional 1200 seats;
3. Extend the back of the JT Stand down to the northern end of the KA Stand - replacing the current media boxes and tacked on plywood corporate boxes with facilities replicating the JT Stand’s northerly extension of a decade ago. This work would also lead to enhanced facilities underneath, particularly for visiting teams.

Did I leave anything out? Oh yes:
1. Replace the current ‘earthen’ car parking arrangements on the western side, with properly kerbed, guttered and sealed car parking, along with enhanced provisions for outside broadcast trucks;
2. Replace the perimeter cyclone fencing;
3. Upgrade the TV-standard lighting (as required);
4. Ensure on-field accessibility for medicabs, to and from first aid facilities (assuming this wasn’t covered by the CoE development); and
5. Provision for free wifi on game days - if that is not already in place.

This gives you a ‘fit for purpose’ ground for another decade.

Last edited:
Really I think there are better ways to spend the sort of money envisaged on the Northern Beaches. Happy however for anything that comes Brookvale’s way.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Hi Mark,

I base mine on -
a quick makeover of the hill:
1. Replace the wooden benches (now over 50 years old) with individual seating;
2. Replace the existing pathway and retaining wall; and
3. Build a path atop the hill and put the kiosk/s behind the hill.

Lyons-Menzies:
1. New seating in the stand (if required);
2. A refurb to the corporate boxes (if required);
3. A strip electronic scoreboard attached to the stand, diagonally opposite the big screen, like the one that adorned the old Bradman Stand at the SCG;
4. New and/or enlarged kiosks/toilets underneath, so that they can banish the demountable ones still sitting there;
5. A raised platform (for better viewing) for standing patrons under the stand; and
6. Replace the wooden bench seats on the perimeter.

Ken Arthurson:
1. Conduct any refurbishments as necessary.

Jane Try:
1. Replace seating (if required);
2. Extend the stand down towards the sideline (incl. in front of the KA Stand). This has been proposed previously and could yield an additional 1200 seats;
3. Extend the back of the JT Stand down to the northern end of the KA Stand - replacing the current media boxes and tacked on plywood corporate boxes with facilities replicating the JT Stand’s northerly extension of a decade ago. This work would also lead to enhanced facilities underneath, particularly for visiting teams.

Did I leave anything out? Oh yes:
1. Replace the current ‘earthen’ car parking arrangements on the western side, with properly kerbed, guttered and sealed car parking, along with enhanced provisions for outside broadcast trucks;
2. Replace the perimeter cyclone fencing;
3. Upgrade the TV-standard lighting (as required);
4. Ensure on-field accessibility for medicabs, to and from first aid facilities (assuming this wasn’t covered by the CoE development); and
5. Provision for free wifi on game days - if that is not already in place.

This gives you a ‘fit for purpose’ ground for another decade.
Yes could be done like that and cheaper but I bet it’s a knock down the old ones and build new which could be $150 million.

I believe Sydney is bidding for the RWC I believe 2027 and they’ll want every football ground they can have for that!!

Even in its current form, Brookvale Oval is a far more attractive venue for other codes now, than it was before the latest redevelopment. Hence why the Waratahs we’re looking at it for their season, but had to settle for the vastly inferior Leichhardt Oval, because Northern Beaches Council said ‘No’.

Either way, my austere (but meaningful!) upgrade, or a significant rebuild, will make it even more so.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10