Matt Ballin close to re-signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And wasn't it Bennett that cut him from Brisbane because he wasn't good enough.

With players of the quality of MB, Killer, Snake and Skivvy, Manly is in good hands. It's time to rebuild the dynasty. Hopefully Foz is willing to roll up his sleeves and be a part of something

For anyone who missed the article last year, SMH journalist Adrian Proszenko has been a self confessed Parramatta supporter since 1977. His article on Ballin is a shocking example of trying to destabilise the club further to secure Foran's signature.

Him or killer I reckon could coach us. At the very least they'd be awesome ambassadors. Ballin has the work ethic of Des. One of the few players of the last decade to have a second job.

i think he could be donny's understudy when he hangs up the boots.

Matty Ballin

Never could say a bad word about him - he would never leave manly !!

Loved how he shut up those journos today - keep it up Matt

He is my next captian if he is still here when killer retires

Everyone speaks of Foran as a future captain of the club, but bugger me if Matt Ballin shouldn't be groomed as the next coach after Toovey retires. He just made those journo's look completely amateurish. He has so much integrity, he commands respect through his demeanour and speaks so well. He gives everything on the field and off and I have never once heard him say "I am going to check my options, and see what's right for my family". He is a once in a generation type player and if Foz is looking for somebody to look up to in life and follow a lead then Matty is someone you want to spill blood for not Brad Arthur or Choc. Matt Ballin is truly one of our best. Thank you MB for reminding me that we still have a roster that many clubs would kill for and being a calm leader in a amateur media tornado.

Love it how he fired up! Setting an example that's for sure. Manly media could take a leaf out of his book on how to react to rumours. On ya Matty. #

Matt is exactly what makes Manly great. He and Menzies stand out for me as people that just demand respect and represent Manly with dignity. Talk about two first-class human beings that are integrous and intelligent, with a great work ethic and unashamed passion for the club. Love that Matty stuck up for himself, and of course, did it with class.

These two need to be involved with the club ongoing; Menzies as Team Manager, Balin to take over from Donny when he decides to hang up the boots (as someone else suggested).

For the girls who appreciate aesthetics there's a great pictures of Matty.B's guns on Instagram.
Nice.:D
And what a champion Manly bloke he is.

H
MB you are all class! Take a bow.

Bull***t is printed in the paper and the first 2 thing he does is 1. tell the CEO its false and 2. that he is working to re-sign with the eagles which pleases the fans and keeps the vultures out.

I just hope that other players can learn to be more like MB.
how ****ing hard is that-it's actually all I ever wanted to hear from the other two-whether they were lying or not!

Can someone make sure they post the link to the follow up article where the "journo" apologises for his incorrect article.

Hope he got hammered on twitter.

No one deserves life membership to this great club more than matty ballin.... One of his most memorable times wearing the jersey was the 2008 grand final when he crashed over from dummy half!

Here's a tip for everyone, go watch a repky of the 08 decider, there's nothing better!!! Helps you forget the nightmare that's been happening the past season and a half, even if it is only for 80mins

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...a-eagle-for-life/story-fngr8iii-1227255389260

Loyal Matt Ballin wants to be a Sea Eagle for life
  • JON GEDDES
  • MANLY DAILY
  • MARCH 09, 2015 4:20PM

389176-86acdf94-c61a-11e4-990f-c0793361d811.jpg

Matt Ballin and Jamie Lyon during a Manly Sea Eagles training session at the Sydney Academy of Sport at Narrabeen on Monday.. Picture: Troy Snook

IRONMAN hooker Matt Ballin has declared his loyalty to the Sea Eagles and revealed he hopes to sign a new two-year deal to play out his career at Manly.

“I love the club; the club gave me my big start,” Ballin said.

“I wasn’t wanted at Brisbane. They brought me down here and put a lot of time and energy and resources into me to establish me as the football player I am today.

“I want to give back to the club while I am playing and then hopefully afterwards as well, whether I am involved in rugby league or just around the community.

“This is home to me and I want it to be for the next couple of years.”

Ballin’s passionate words follow a report that claimed he could be forced out of Manly at the end the year because the Sea Eagles were chasing Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough.

“I am still in negotiations with Manly and we haven’t discussed anything with any other clubs,” Ballin said.

He said he spoke to Manly CEO Joe Kelly and was assured the club hadn’t spoken to Brisbane and didn’t know who McCullogh’s management was.

“I believe him 100 per cent on that,” Ballin said.

The quiet achiever in the Sea Eagles’ pack said while he was after a two-year deal, he had made it very clear to the club that if he didn’t think he could fulfil a contract he wouldn’t take it.

“And if it gets to the point where I am in a contract and I feel I can’t do it the next year I wouldn’t continue on,” he said.

“I think I owe that to the club and the fans who have supported me and to myself and my reputation.

“I don’t think the club owes me anything and I owe my loyalty to the club.

“Rugby league is my love and my first interest but after it there are plenty of options for me. It’s not as if I’m just here for the money.”
=====================================================
With the monies freed up by Chez leaving, Matty should get his wish :angel:

Great words from a guy who has given his all for our great club. True champion

Matt is exactly what makes Manly great. He and Menzies stand out for me as people that just demand respect and represent Manly with dignity. Talk about two first-class human beings that are integrous and intelligent, with a great work ethic and unashamed passion for the club. Love that Matty stuck up for himself, and of course, did it with class.

These two need to be involved with the club ongoing; Menzies as Team Manager, Balin to take over from Donny when he decides to hang up the boots (as someone else suggested).
Lol k I've said this before but you guys need to understand that there is an incredible amount of sports science behind the role of s & c. Its not just a matter of tell blokes to train. matty b would make an epic head coach because a huge number of reasons that have already been said. Also donny is only early 40's and is among the best in the business. I don't think we wanna wait 10-15 years to get Matt in a role. Also s & c assistants are paid next to nothing and are often unpaid interns with 5 years at uni the pursuing practical experience. Clubs churn through them.

If he wants to stay in clubland I reckon a couple of years as an assistant to either the first grade side. If he decides he wants it give him the 20's. Then have him come through with the next crop of young blokes. Groom him, teach him and invest in him

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2