Matt Ballin close to re-signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol k I've said this before but you guys need to understand that there is an incredible amount of sports science behind the role of s & c. Its not just a matter of tell blokes to train. matty b would make an epic head coach because a huge number of reasons that have already been said. Also donny is only early 40's and is among the best in the business. I don't think we wanna wait 10-15 years to get Matt in a role. Also s & c assistants are paid next to nothing and are often unpaid interns with 5 years at uni the pursuing practical experience. Clubs churn through them.

If he wants to stay in clubland I reckon a couple of years as an assistant to either the first grade side. If he decides he wants it give him the 20's. Then have him come through with the next crop of young blokes. Groom him, teach him and invest in him
Yep give him Nsw cup straight up for mine

Yep give him Nsw cup straight up for mine
Just my opinion but I think he needs to learn a bit of the behind the scenes stuff from someone before being a head coach. Players only see a part so playing doesn't necessarily prepare you for coaching

Lol k I've said this before but you guys need to understand that there is an incredible amount of sports science behind the role of s & c. Its not just a matter of tell blokes to train. matty b would make an epic head coach because a huge number of reasons that have already been said. Also donny is only early 40's and is among the best in the business. I don't think we wanna wait 10-15 years to get Matt in a role. Also s & c assistants are paid next to nothing and are often unpaid interns with 5 years at uni the pursuing practical experience. Clubs churn through them.

If he wants to stay in clubland I reckon a couple of years as an assistant to either the first grade side. If he decides he wants it give him the 20's. Then have him come through with the next crop of young blokes. Groom him, teach him and invest in him
When you start with 'Lol' in response to a post that was serious in nature, it comes off as somewhat arrogant and pretentious - so thank you for that.

Fitness, strength and conditioning is a field I am somewhat familiar with, I am no professional, but I have self-studied for a number of years as I really enjoy it. I also have a friend who is in this field and have seen the qualities needed, challenges etc. In relation to Matt, I was referring to his obvious passion for a similar field, hence his fitness business. He is also someone that would practice what he preaches, which brings a level of respect that would see athletes take him seriously when setting an S&C regime.

Another point to note is that everybody starts from a level of zero experience, they don't just have this knowledge (Donny would have been no exception), so why should Matt be any different. Why is it so hard to believe that he could pursue this when his NRL career ends. If you have qualities that allow you to excel, you can make money doing most things, and I'm sure if this was a path he wanted to go down, he would be smart enough to supplement it with other revenue streams.

All speculation of course, but I must say the essence of my post was the nature and quality of the two individuals mentioned and what an asset they are to Manly. The essnece of your post is to try an pick out a minor point and turn it into an opportunity for you to try and sound knowledgable about something (whether true or not - this is how it comes across). There is a reason you find yourself in a number of heated exchanges, so you might consider analysing that first. Just a suggestion.

When you start with 'Lol' in response to a post that was serious in nature, it comes off as somewhat arrogant and pretentious - so thank you for that.

Fitness, strength and conditioning is a field I am somewhat familiar with, I am no professional, but I have self-studied for a number of years as I really enjoy it. I also have a friend who is in this field and have seen the qualities needed, challenges etc. In relation to Matt, I was referring to his obvious passion for a similar field, hence his fitness business. He is also someone that would practice what he preaches, which brings a level of respect that would see athletes take him seriously when setting an S&C regime.

Another point to note is that everybody starts from a level of zero experience, they don't just have this knowledge (Donny would have been no exception), so why should Matt be any different. Why is it so hard to believe that he could pursue this when his NRL career ends. If you have qualities that allow you to excel, you can make money doing most things, and I'm sure if this was a path he wanted to go down, he would be smart enough to supplement it with other revenue streams.

All speculation of course, but I must say the essence of my post was the nature and quality of the two individuals mentioned and what an asset they are to Manly. The essnece of your post is to try an pick out a minor point and turn it into an opportunity for you to try and sound knowledgable about something (whether true or not - this is how it comes across). There is a reason you find yourself in a number of heated exchanges, so you might consider analysing that first. Just a suggestion.
It wasn't intended to be arrogant I apologise. It was only because I'd already said it in this thread and I felt like I was repeating myself. The lol was less about your response and more about how simple people think the role of S & C is (a mate does it for a living, used to work for manly). He spent 5 years at uni and has a masters in strength and conditioning. He struggles to get jobs because that is the standard now. Most have to intern for a few years even with their qualifications because it is so competitive. The way they manage player loading, individual biomechanics and individual performance analysis is as a much science as it is training. Long gone are the days of telling a bloke to run laps and lift weights. They are all bigger, faster and stronger than any other point in history. The S & C play an integral role in injury prevention and maintenance in conjunction with physios.

I just think it's a hugely important role that can't be simplified to just throw anyone in. We're lucky we have Donny because we don't spend enough in that department. The roosters have 4 full time S & C coaches for first grade alone. As well as interns. We have 1 full timer and that is Donny. We then have a part timer, interns and unpaid guys. Its not as simple as throwing a bloke in. Donny wouldn't even have the time it takes to teach matt how to do all the performance stuff young blokes learn in 2 years of uni. After the initial 3 years of sports science degree

I do apologise. I do have particular knowledge in this regard and I wasn't in any way intending to have a go or start an argument. I probably should have prefaced how I knew and why I was saying it.

It wasn't intended to be arrogant I apologise. It was only because I'd already said it in this thread and I felt like I was repeating myself. The lol was less about your response and more about how simple people think the role of S & C is (a mate does it for a living, used to work for manly). He spent 5 years at uni and has a masters in strength and conditioning. He struggles to get jobs because that is the standard now. Most have to intern for a few years even with their qualifications because it is so competitive. The way they manage player loading, individual biomechanics and individual performance analysis is as a much science as it is training. Long gone are the days of telling a bloke to run laps and lift weights. They are all bigger, faster and stronger than any other point in history. The S & C play an integral role in injury prevention and maintenance in conjunction with physios.

I just think it's a hugely important role that can't be simplified to just throw anyone in. We're lucky we have Donny because we don't spend enough in that department. The roosters have 4 full time S & C coaches for first grade alone. As well as interns. We have 1 full timer and that is Donny. We then have a part timer, interns and unpaid guys. Its not as simple as throwing a bloke in. Donny wouldn't even have the time it takes to teach matt how to do all the performance stuff young blokes learn in 2 years of uni.
No problem. As I stated though, I am somewhat familiar with this field and know what is involved, and agree that it is not something he would walk into, nor did I suggest, nor would I suggest that it wouldn't require significant study. Matt though, comes across as someone that would not be phased by this. The fact that we are undermanned in this area is actually an arguement for the need for supplementation in our ranks, not that it could wait until he was educated to a level acceptable for the role; but again, I stand by my 'assumption' that it is something he would have an aptitude for, and an interest in. No doubt time and effort would be required.

HOW ****ING GOOD IS MATTY B!!! Just when I thought my opinion of him couldn't get any higher he retweeted this which I just saw. Hahaha even through all the crap he manages to troll our enemies. We love you ballin! Eagle 4 life

upload_2015-3-13_11-42-57.png

If he stays injury free he will play his 200th game for Manly in Albury in round 5(a home game) if i've got my maths right and we will have to wait until round 9, the 10th of May until the next time we are at home to offer him the recognition he deserves.

Just find it hard to support a kid that says "fans are not of a concern to me". All take, and no give. Just a bitter pill to swallow. We already give them our money. We already give them our loyalty.

What more do they WANT for nothing?

I was always taught "respect gets respect" ...... respect is not a one way street. That goes for the players, owners and management of the club. We (fans) aint getting the respect.....

I was always taught "respect gets respect" ...... respect is not a one way street. That goes for the players, owners and management of the club. We (fans) aint getting the respect.....

Nope.....that pre-filled email response from the club is point in case. Just gross neglegence. They obviously, from ownership, to management, to coaching staff, to majority of playing group, just don't care about us in any way in my opinion.

Just find it hard to support a kid that says "fans are not of a concern to me". All take, and no give. Just a bitter pill to swallow. We already give them our money. We already give them our loyalty.

What more do they WANT for nothing?
I have to say I personally don't think that was his intent. I think he meant he wasn't going to let people boo him bother him. That's what the questioning had been about fans hating on him

I have to say I personally don't think that was his intent. I think he meant he wasn't going to let people boo him bother him. That's what the questioning had been about fans hating on him

Fair enough. But you try to look for the positive in everything & everyone also. I'm the opposite. Lets just meet in the middle and say DCE is a dick head? JOOOOKES

Fair enough. But you try to look for the positive in everything & everyone also. I'm the opposite. Lets just meet in the middle and say DCE is a dick head? JOOOOKES
Haha. I hope no one boos any manly player. It takes a lot to run onto a footy field. Agree he's handled it all like a bit of a dick. But he's said he wants to be here and if he goes out and has a blinder suddenly he'll have a bunch of supporters again. I just hope we get a win.

Lovely day to be on the hill. Up the mighty maroon and white!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4