• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

madmax

Bencher
It’s weird….golden child Jake can give away numerous 6 agains every game which generally lead to a try yet never gets a mention but others cop it all the time for dropping a ball or making an offload or being over paid…….

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Tapua is just not playing good consistent footy of late but neither are a few of the forwards
I see a few comparisons to Jake , Jake plays 80 mins Tapua around 40 mins
I do think this is Tapau's last season at Manly, He needs to play better cause when Paseka and Ailio is back he may well be sitting on the bench a bit more

Ryan

Journey Man
Wow, one flat game, and his ability and character are attacked. When he puts in a man-of-the-match performance this weekend, I hope there's some humble pie eaten here.

I've been told he was crap last year. Guys, best season ever statistically.for him averaging 150 metres a game. Less than 7 months away.

Watch him go this weekend.

joeboy

Bencher
Wow, one flat game, and his ability and character are attacked. When he puts in a man-of-the-match performance this weekend, I hope there's some humble pie eaten here.

I've been told he was crap last year. Guys, best season ever statistically.for him averaging 150 metres a game. Less than 7 months away.

Pfft. The guy is coasting and doesn’t care. I’m not lashing out you can see it in his body language and attention to detail. It’s not the mistakes he is making it’s the type of mistakes he is making. If he makes 150 metres this weekend it will be because he had 23 Carries as we have had 4 HIA’s

He.is.Past.It.

XV-1

First Grader
Now that Marty has had a couple of weeks to recover from covid, I believe the next 6 weeks he will be out to prove himself as one of the premier forwards in the NRL.

Why? He is not signed for 2023 so for his own future he must perform to be a chance of being signed for good coin.
I hope a team snaps him up soon so he can concentrate on playing good footy - just like Walker is.

Eagle 1

First Grader

mmm...."watch him go this weekend" ...a lot of people on here agree with you Ryan..he should go this weekend...are the Cowboys still interested ?

Karshy

Reserve Grader

Lol, its hardly one flat game. It was just more obvious against Souths because the error just before halftime and the missed tackle on Tom Burgess after halftime effectively cost us 12 points and the game.

He was poor against Roosters and Dogs. OK against Canberra. Played Injured v Newcastle after the first tackle injury. Missed the next 2 with covid. Hardly what you would expect from a player on $800k. I would rather Klemmer for $400k.

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

He still has the ability but I don’t think he shows it enough , When Aloiai came back you could tell the difference between the 2 Paseka is more damaging, I think he just needs to step up more to be the leader of the pack show them the way at the moment he is not doing that the others are and he is on the good money and a senior player , I hope he does cause if he can , the whole pack will benefit and if he can’t we’ll it’s time to move him on

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He was carrying his shoulder during the game & after. Same one he injured earlier in the year!!! Maybe he’s playing injured as we haven’t got any ready made replacements?
I highly suspect this is correct. Not to mention Des would rightly guilt him into playing if at all possible, 'I know you aren't 100% but you're on the big bucks mate and we need you'. Not to mention also the fact he needs to play to attract interest for next year.

But he won't be complaining, they all know that if you take the field you are judged on what you produce. Nevertheless he's copping it here good and proper! Suppose I shouldn't be surprised by now.

Rocky

Bencher
It just feels like Marty is that guy at the office that clocks on exactly 9am, starts looking at his watch constantly at 4.30pm and is out the door like a flash at 5pm. Doesn't leave the office a minute late

In other words he just does what he needs to do to cash his cheque each month.

Marty is a pro, he's had a good career - and obviously does work very hard to chisel that body.

But he's always giving off that vibe that rugby league is just a job for him. And we as fans just want a little more.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It just feels like Marty is that guy at the office that clocks on exactly 9am, starts looking at his watch constantly at 4.30pm and is out the door like a flash at 5pm. Doesn't leave the office a minute late
To me it feels like he is the guy who is getting up early and also working late to do extras, in order to get himself in the best possible condition to do his job, including looking after himself in an offseason? But I don't know the guy, maybe I'm wrong.

madmax

Bencher
Pfft. The guy is coasting and doesn’t care. I’m not lashing out you can see it in his body language and attention to detail. It’s not the mistakes he is making it’s the type of mistakes he is making. If he makes 150 metres this weekend it will be because he had 23 Carries as we have had 4 HIA’s

He.is.Past.It.
Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

madmax

Bencher
Lol, its hardly one flat game. It was just more obvious against Souths because the error just before halftime and the missed tackle on Tom Burgess after halftime effectively cost us 12 points and the game.

He was poor against Roosters and Dogs. OK against Canberra. Played Injured v Newcastle after the first tackle injury. Missed the next 2 with covid. Hardly what you would expect from a player on $800k. I would rather Klemmer for $400k.
But it’s ok for $930k a year Golden Child Jake to give away stupid 6 agains & dumb penalties which have cost us big time & numerous games……like the try South’s scored after 1/2 time due to another Jake 6 again! Funny how so many on here think the sun shines out of Jakes butt lololol!

Last edited:

Snake

Snake's Alive!
But it’s ok for $930k a year Golden Child Jake to give away stupid 6 agains & dumb penalties which have cost us big time & numerous games……like the try South’s scored after 1/2 time due to another Jake 6 again! Funny how so many on here think the sun shines out of Jakes butt lololol!
Most would agree that Jake is 3 times the player Taupau is...he also puts in every week and never goes MIA...can’t say the same about Marty.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Most would agree that Jake is 3 times the player Taupau is...he also puts in every week and never goes MIA...can’t say the same about Marty.
hell yeah, never ever leaves anything in the tank, ever

just different skills. jake is doing things people seem to not notice. when marty is playing well he has a flashy highlight reel that never includes clean up or defence styles

some people love highlight reels, flashing lights, celebrity crapola . its human nature it seems to be shallow.not purposely but generally people dont feel secure enough to go with there own feel and follow the crowd. commentators sprout ****e cos its easily accepted by the crowd and when they turn, they all turn together

Eagle 1

First Grader

In other words he just does what he needs to do to cash his cheque each month.

Marty is a pro, he's had a good career - and obviously does work very hard to chisel that body.

But he's always giving off that vibe that rugby league is just a job for him. And we as fans just want a little more.
Couldn't of penned it better myself...

madmax

Bencher
Appreciate your comments mate but I still disagree. Jake may be 3 times the player but he’s gonna cost us big time one day when it matters most.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18