• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Any word on where Marty will be next year?
Or will he take the 400k we offer him?
The Cowboys were interested, that's about it really. ESL is where he should head to, will probably get offers a touch over the 500k mark I'd say. Haven't heard of us offering Marty any sort of deal tbh.

Marty has been terrible this year. Also wouldn’t be a bad idea for Boyle and Shipley to join him and help him with his bags. All 3 not required
Sipley goes ok, gives us a solid 15min 1st half then does another stint in the 2nd half. Boyles injured again, hasn't played much at all, will surely be cut at years end.

The way the Cowboys have stepped up this year they probably no longer have any interest.
Oh well, bad luck for him I guess... I doubt he would get much more than 200k regardless of where he goes. Maybe England?

The way the Cowboys have stepped up this year they probably no longer have any interest.
Yep, how lucky are they? Dodged a bullet and unearthed a cracker for a fraction of the price, pity we didn’t do a deal and swap Marty for Cotter when they were interested.

Be one of the smallest props in the game, with one of the best engines and all heart, similar type to Liam Martin. There both the type of player we are desperately missing.

Any word on where Marty will be next year?
Or will he take the 400k we offer him?
400k seems the right number for him.

Would we even want him or should we just move on? Hard to say really given sometimes he plays like a 200k player and other weeks like a 600k player.

Either way we need to improve our current prop rotation in a big way.

Flogging a dead horse seems like an apt description when describing Marty’s career trajectory.

I think if Manly were going to re-sign him, they would have already done so.

Perhaps he can reinvent himself at another club, or get another five years or so flexing his muscles in the English Super League.

I think 400k is overs personally.

Reckon about 300k is right but personally I thibk he is on the downward trend so even at 300 don't think we should go for it
Hard to argue with that on his overall display of work this year. Maybe he's carrying that back injury. Who knows? Can't get anything from the club who says turbo is currently fine.

Watching today's player interview with Marty, was enlightening. He described having Covid as it "knocked me left, right and centre and inside out" and that "it took everything out of me". He also said he almost had to go to hospital so he must've got it bad. Having had Covid myself, it sure took everything out of me and it took a good 3 weeks to feel 'normal' again.

Therefore I can really relate to what Marty's been through and am prepared to cut him some slack for his recent poor games. He was out in rounds 6 and 7, so I'd say he's probably only now returning to normal fitness. Let's see how he goes in the next couple of weeks...

Watching today's player interview with Marty, was enlightening. He described having Covid as it "knocked me left, right and centre and inside out" and that "it took everything out of me". He also said he almost had to go to hospital so he must've got it bad. Having had Covid myself, it sure took everything out of me and it took a good 3 weeks to feel 'normal' again.

Therefore I can really relate to what Marty's been through and am prepared to cut him some slack for his recent poor games. He was out in rounds 6 and 7, so I'd say he's probably only now returning to normal fitness. Let's see how he goes in the next couple of weeks...
Yeah mine was no more than a cold. But my son who is into lifting big weights like Marty got knocked around big time.

Hard to argue with that on his overall display of work this year. Maybe he's carrying that back injury. Who knows? Can't get anything from the club who says turbo is currently fine.
Wasn’t it a back injury in SOO for T-Rex that sent his form south?

So no excuses for anything but a match winning game vs Parra 👍🙏😎

Has he had COVID for 3 years

Makes me a little worried about how our medical staff treat the covid guys.
There is plenty of data about the vast differences in severity from patient to patient but not so much about pushing athletes through when they are still recovering, but there is enough to suggest great caution is needed.
I hope Marty hasn't been pressured to train and play when he wasn't fully right. It would be nice to have total confidence in our medical staff but reality dictates against that. He doesn't even look back to his usual bursting-with-health self even now

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8